What mood are you in and why?

catmag

31 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Intentionally didn't bring it up cos I cannot be fucked with it. Although the Mail has been telling her the rioters are naughty, so she might have accidentally come down on the right side of this one. 

Gemmill: "Mam, my ankle is killing me, can you help me, please, mam."

Mam: "If you were a real patriotic man like that nice Tommy Robinson you'd have ran it off. Go woke, ankle broke."

• Haha 10

14 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

Sounds like a lot more work than getting a washing machine that fits through the doorframe.

Two kids means I need at least a 8k drum. If you can find a 8k drum, with <58cm width, for a reasonable price, holler atcha boy.

If not...gi joe gtfo GIF

4 hours ago, Toonpack said:

In fairness, I’m not sure there are any idiots guides on YouTube on how to resolve “I bought something too big for where it needs to go”.

The existing (broken washing machine) is 60cm wide.

What say you now, fucko?

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

What say you now, fucko?

How wide’s the doorway ?? Competent folks plan the whole job.

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Two kids means I need at least a 8k drum. If you can find a 8k drum, with <58cm width, for a reasonable price, holler atcha boy.

If not...gi joe gtfo GIF

https://www.lg.com/uk/laundry/washing-machines/f2c509gbtn1/?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwn9y1BhC2ARIsAG5IY-6eh3SQpbyQZTpGIP0GPttfgEUUpWfuCPErBEGM5VcitF7rM38_krkaAqr3EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

60cm wide but only 47cm deep. Turn it sideways to get it through the door.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

How wide’s the doorway ?? Competent folks plan the whole job.

Look, next time the wife buys something I'll be sure to give her that advice, using just those words.

Gemmil will have the number of a good divorce lawyer, right?

6 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

And the dryer function is...?

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Look, next time the wife buys something I'll be sure to give her that advice, using just those words.

Ah! It’s the wife's fault, how silly of me, I should have known

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

And the dryer function is...?

Outside, on the washing line.

Come on man, it was the first result searching "narrow 8kg washing machine". Maybe try searching "narrow 8kg washer dryer". 

17 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

Outside, on the washing line.

Come on man, it was the first result searching "narrow 8kg washing machine". Maybe try searching "narrow 8kg washer dryer". 

Fish pwned on washing machine advice. Dryer, use an outside line in summer and heated rack and radiators in winter. 

6 hours ago, The Fish said:

What say you now, fucko?

I'm guessing the current one is narrower in depth, otherwise the obvious question is how the fuck did you get the old one in?

6 hours ago, Renton said:

Fish pwned on washing machine advice. Dryer, use an outside line in summer and heated rack and radiators in winter. 

I was just trying to help the man but he kept moving the goalposts. I've been trying to avoid resorting to just saying "you want to find a bit of  backbone and a measuring tape rather than a joiner" but I suppose I've said it now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

I'm guessing the current one is narrower in depth, otherwise the obvious question is how the fuck did you get the old one in?

I was just trying to help the man but he kept moving the goalposts. I've been trying to avoid resorting to just saying "you want to find a bit of  backbone and a measuring tape rather than a joiner" but I suppose I've said it now.

Aye, he's been like a lass on her blob (not overtime HMHM). 

"What about this one, got a 9Kg drum, good make" 

"Doesn't have a spin dryer funcrion" 

"This one does, fits the specs, and fits your door" 

"What about tumble drying" 

"Okay, what about this one. Does all those things, gets 5/5 star reviews from 2 million people" 

"Don't like the colour" 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

"Okay, what about this one. Does all those things, gets 5/5 star reviews from 2 million people" 

"Don't like the colour" 

Im hoping the joiner shows up and says "Aye I could remove the doorframe, but that new washing machine should fit through there fine. Just turn it sideways"

• Haha 6

19 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

Im hoping the joiner shows up and says "Aye I could remove the doorframe, but that new washing machine should fit through there fine. Just turn it sideways"

I hope he says the last part AFTER he’s done the first part.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

"Just take it out the box". 

• Haha 5

@The Fish I mean no harm man. I've got four, life without a washing machine is brutal. 

All that chat aside and back on topic, I'm quietly optimistic that clan Blastronaut have survived the school holidays. Only two Houdini acts from the lad, and only one that involved having to collect him from a Polis riot van. He's 7. Thankfully on both occasions other parents of kids from the same Autism provision clocked him gleefully running barefoot down a main road into oncoming traffic and actually downed tools to run after him make sure he was safe while I had  his (also autistic) siblings, polis and a neighbourhood search party out for him.

Good quote's from the other dad of a lad on the spectrum that followed him on foot for 2 miles trying to guide him away from danger "he's got some fucking stamina" and "the sheer amount of folk rubbernecking it was sickening".

I'm a fairly devout atheist, but there's some absolute angels out there that somehow manage to be in exactly the right place at exactly the right time and intuitively know how to deal with mental situations like that without judgement. Then there's the lazy miserable "I'm alright jack" cunts that come out of the woodwork weeks after the event begging for some recognition for having watched the lad run barefoot, kamikaze style into oncoming traffic that did sweet fuck all to help at the time.

Current mood - feeling blessed, but it's bittersweet knowing that the overwhelming majority of folk simply don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves.

• Like 7

On 10/08/2024 at 13:36, Renton said:

I live in Cheshire man, can't be hanging the clothes outside like we live in a Glaswegian tenement! (In all seriousness we've got airers and a line, but the dryer function is a must.)

Anyway, it's sorted, Joiner is going to work his magic and we've got him to do some other bits while he's here.

On 10/08/2024 at 19:56, Blastronaut said:

Old one came in through the lightwell, but that's not possible now. 

On 10/08/2024 at 20:11, Renton said:

"Don't like the colour" 

The fuck is the difference between spin, and tumble drying, you goober?

32 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I live in Cheshire man, can't be hanging the clothes outside like we live in a Glaswegian tenement! (In all seriousness we've got airers and a line, but the dryer function is a must.)

Anyway, it's sorted, Joiner is going to work his magic and we've got him to do some other bits while he's here.

Old one came in through the lightwell, but that's not possible now. 

The fuck is the difference between spin, and tumble drying, you goober?

I thought spin drying was something to do with centrifugation (spinning at a highr rpm to squeeze the water out), whereas tumble drying was as it suggest, rotating slowly so the clothes are tumbles at a hot temperature. But tbh I haven't done any laundry since I was at University, and frankly, don't give a shit either way. I do know it's much better, and cheaper, to air clothes where possible though. 

It’s massively cheaper to use a dehumidifier in a closed room with a rack of hung clothing than a tumble dryer.  

• Like 1

We got one of those heated clothes horse things where you put a cover over it. Otherwise the dryer would be on permanently and all of my clothes would come out of it in mothercare sizes. 

The latest on my sprained ankle is that the bottom 1/4 of my leg and my foot look like something you'd see on My 600lb Life. My foot in particular looks like if someone filled a rubber glover with about 10 litres of water. 

So that's nice. 

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The latest on my sprained ankle is that the bottom 1/4 of my leg and my foot look like something you'd see on My 600lb Life. My foot in particular looks like if someone filled a rubber glover with about 10 litres of water. 

So that's nice. 

Sounds broken, it's off for an X ray for you. My advice, avoid the large A&E departments like the plague, RVI especially. If you can get yourself down to Rake lane the queue is likely to be a lot shorter. Early moirning (before 9am) is the best time from my experience (mind, this is with kids, who get priority). 

It can't be broken cos it's basically not that sore at all. And I finished a run on it after I'd done it with limited discomfort. 

The start of the ballooning swelling was when the fucking in laws came around yesterday and we went out for Sunday lunch, so I had to stuff my baby elephant foot into a shoe. By the time I came home, I'd grown a full elephant foot.