What mood are you in and why?

catmag

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

I don't know why, but I love Gemmills random capitalisation of certain WORDS :lol: 

They're very carefully selected, actually. 

• Haha 2

I can only assume you're living in an old house Fish with that issue or the Architrave is fucking structural or summit :lol: Like you say, get a joiner to sort it, will be reyt.

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

The entire frame would have had to come out cos of the way the windows worked. Fuck that. 

Aye, that’s a piece of piss and a lot cheaper to get done than getting new furniture but I guess they don’t teach common sense in xlookup 101.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Aye, that’s a piece of piss and a lot cheaper to get done than getting new furniture but I guess they don’t teach common sense in xlookup 101.

I'm impressed that you know xlookup. And if we're honest, that's all you were hoping for from that post. 

The idea that it's easier to REMOVE MY ENTIRE FRONT WINDOW than it is to drive to Barker and Stonehouse btw. 

I'm afraid you're just a walking Paddy and Murphy joke. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Obviously I then had to give half of the fucker away to the ex anyway so there were no winners here, as it turned out. 

The ex got shot of you, that’s got to be considered a win for her tbh

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm impressed that you know xlookup. And if we're honest, that's all you were hoping for from that post. 

I have a very well rounded set of skills, I’m like a heptathlete in life.

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The idea that it's easier to REMOVE MY ENTIRE FRONT WINDOW than it is to drive to Barker and Stonehouse btw. 

I'm afraid you're just a walking Paddy and Murphy joke. 

One hour job tops.

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Perhaps temporarily, but she's since remarried to someone calling himself Kenny, so any success was short lived. 

It’ll never last

31D90439-6BF2-4865-8EFD-F824DD04977A.jpeg

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It's probs that you're saved in their phone as "Bald cunt, serves weak tea in Marvel mugs", rather than the holiday thing. 

Weak tea is forbidden in my house. Needs to be a shade dark enough to have Farage in a tizz. We have no MArvel or Newcastle mugs in the house because apparently Mrs Fish hates fun.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Weak tea is forbidden in my house. Needs to be a shade dark enough to have Farage in a tizz. We have no MArvel or Newcastle mugs in the house because apparently Mrs Fish hates fun.

Clearly 

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Renton said:

Can you return the washing machine and get a slimmer model? I'm guessing that will be far from ideal though.

These things are sent to challenge us. I bought a large American Style fridge freezer only to find even with the doors off it wasn't getting through the kitchen/diner door. In the end had to move it out into the back garden through patio doors and back into the kitchen through the bifolds, scratching everything to fuck as it went and risking a prolapsed disc. I actually get anxiety thinking about what to do when it eventually needs replaced. 

We considered that, but two kids means more loads or bigger loads (ooerr Missus). I'd prefer not to have the thing on constantly costing more money on water and electricity, so we need a good sized drum. 

Also, having the doorframe increased would make life a little easier anyway.

26 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Why don’t you just wedge the door frame off then put it back on when the washing machine is in? 

That's as much of a job as shaving a bit off it. And would only need repeating in 4-5yrs time when the new machine inevitably gives up the ghost.

26 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I can only assume you're living in an old house Fish with that issue or the Architrave is fucking structural or summit :lol: Like you say, get a joiner to sort it, will be reyt.

Yeah Victorian Terrace, loads of character. If character means things going fucking wrong, or awkward-ass layouts.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He likely wanted rid of the furniture that was covered in the kind of memories that only show up under blacklight.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Why don’t you just wedge the door frame off then put it back on when the washing machine is in? 

You can tell old paddy here lives in a house constructed from dry stone walls bound by sheep dung. 

Oh aye, of course, just take the door architrave out and hope the house doesn't collapse in on itself, genius. :whistling:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

You can tell old paddy here lives in a house constructed from dry stone walls bound by sheep dung. 

Oh aye, of course, just take the door architrave out and hope the house doesn't collapse in on itself, genius. :whistling:

Dave's lass hitting ewerk the builder before laying into Dave.....

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

It’s a bit of fucking wood, if it’s supporting the ceiling then you’re already fucked. It’s a five minute job for anyone with half a brain. Which would of course rule you out.

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It’s a bit of fucking wood, if it’s supporting the ceiling then you’re already fucked. It’s a five minute job for anyone with half a brain. Which would of course rule you out.

I do appreciate what you're saying and if the layout was standard I'd consider it. But the way the space is, it would be a fucking ballache and, like I said, it's be a job that would probably need repeating in a few years. Much more sensible to get the frame shaven down a bit and tidied up so we never have to do anything with it again. 

Must admit, I’m with Ewerk on this one. Who the fuck doesn’t have the necessary tools on hand to trim a wee bit of timber.

Ah the arrogance of the aged. Look, if you two want to come and do the job, taking full responsibility and financial burden should it not meet the exacting standards of an ornery bald gobshite, then by all means come and do it. 

I, however, would rather pay a professional to do the job right the first time. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Must admit, I’m with Ewerk on this one. Who the fuck doesn’t have the necessary tools on hand to trim a wee bit of timber.

Fuck that. My golden rule is, if the job is less than my hourly rate, then pay someone else to do it*. 

In this case it's 1.5 cm, you'd probably need to take a fair bit more than that in reality, you're not going to that with a plane. I wouldn't have a clue where to start and no way would I fuck around with removing architraves. 

* Admittedly as a result I have lost the ability to do any DIY beyond changing a lightbulb. And now they are LED probably forgotten how to do this as well.

• Haha 1