What mood are you in and why?

catmag

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

There's loads of horror stories from delivery drivers like. Honestly, before CT pipes up, taxiing might be a better option.....

I did slightly consider taxiing but the wife is Adam Ant I'm not doing it. (I don't fancy it really and aren't too keen on driving especially around town etc even if I only did days).

52 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

If they still had the wives who'd take the money with their little ticket machine around their necks I'd probably go for this but apart from the unsociable shifts which I'm determined not to do anymore I'd say there's a difference driving a bus around Brighton and possibly Shields Road or something? :lol:

Made me think of this:

My tuppenceworth @Howmanheyman

Get set up with this: 

https://www.gov.uk/what-is-the-construction-industry-scheme

Get yourself one of these: 

https://www.cscsonline.uk.com/card-finder?_gl=1*f7z75l*_ga*MTk3MTc1MTA2LjE3MjIzMzgxNzQ.*_ga_7C1J9W4EX1*MTcyMjMzODE3NC4xLjAuMTcyMjMzODE3NC4wLjAuMA..&_ga=2.94329053.1374223030.1722338174-197175106.1722338174

You’ll be good to go as a labourer on building sites or possibly a painter and decorator. That, in my opinion, is roughly the same thing :) 

Sign up with some agencies, you might get medium term opportunities if you get on big sites in town. And if you want to rap it in there’s no bother because telling the boss to shove it is more common than a new hobby for CT with a lot less recriminations for doing so :good: 

(I think you can actually stay PAYE if you so desire too) 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I did slightly consider taxiing but the wife is Adam Ant I'm not doing it. (I don't fancy it really and aren't too keen on driving especially around town etc even if I only did days).

1, No disrespect but your wife probably knows as much about modern day taxi’ing as I do about the false 9 :lol: 

And just don’t work the town. Work the coast, work Durham or even Boldon :lol: 

All depends what you want to work and what you want to make. I worked 4.30 am to 9.00am yesterday, made a £100 and done for the day. 

Didn’t bother at all today because I had to set an Apple Watch up.

Ideal for appointments, no boss and a great right arm suntan :lol: 

• Haha 5

A bloke I work with wrapping this job in to do the taxis full time with Uber. He makes almost as much in a few hours on a Saturday as he does in a few days in here and he can pick his own shifts, does the airport runs if he’s up early and seems to just generally enjoy it a lot more. Not saying it works for everyone like but, like CT says, he doesn’t do a lot of heavy work in town itself and is always busy, even if it’s running people to work at 5 in the morning.

I feel your pain with the regards to workplaces these days, mind. Far too many know-nowt knackers promoted to positions of responsibility that they patently aren’t capable of filling correctly. Too much “What I say goes” and nowhere near enough adult compromise and then they wonder why everyone fucks off or won’t do overtime etc.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, The Fish said:

1073.jpg?width=620&dpr=2&s=none

If Fatima can do it...

I'm working with a lady called this at the moment. I wish she would fuck off and do cyber rather than HTA incompetently. 

48 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm working with a lady called this at the moment. I wish she would fuck off and do cyber rather than HTA incompetently. 

Looks like she's doing all the heavy lifting in the office.

image-11-for-editorial-pics-14-11-11-gallery-439952095.jpg

• Haha 2

Sleep deprived. Little'un has cellulitis, had to take her into A&E this morning after fuck all sleep last night. Poor thing was waking every 20 minutes. I've had to take the day off to parent the lad. 

• Sad 5

On 31/07/2024 at 09:27, Monkeys Fist said:

Just seen this @Howmanheyman, I’d just like to agree with what everyone else is thinking…

IMG_3190.gif.523f376f23e7052a9d3265701783292f.gif

:lol:

I bumped into a mate in Wallsend whilst dropping off some bait for the bairn that she'd forgot. Surrounded by people and wearing his North Tyneside council gear he loudly says 'why aren't you at work?' laughing as he was going into Savers. I replied that officially, only one of us was meant to be at work at the minute and it wasn't me. (Nobody laughed or applauded as the chances of most the folk walking around Wallsend high street during the week understanding the irony are slim to none). :lol:

• Haha 5

On 05/08/2024 at 11:49, RobinRobin said:

Get well soon fishlet

Cheers, 

She's back home now. Got another antibiotics jab this afternoon and we need to see the ophthalmology department to make sure her eye is ok. Back to her usual smiley self though, thank fuck. Could have done with this happening while the little lad was at school, mind you. 

• Like 5

Bad luck certainly comes in threes. First little'un is sick, then the Washing Machine breaks, now the blokes trying to install the new one can't fit it through a doorway down to the basement because it is 1.5cm too wide. 

Probably going to need to get a joiner in to shave 2cm off the doorframe. @strawb if you know of anybody who wouldn't mind a quick job in Bramhall? It's literally a 45 degree cut to a 2cm depth, then straight down about 6'6" of wooden door frame (no door), sand off to finish. I'd have a crack myself if I had the tools and the wife had any confidence that I wouldn't bring the whole house down.

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Bad luck certainly comes in threes. First little'un is sick, then the Washing Machine breaks, now the blokes trying to install the new one can't fit it through a doorway down to the basement because it is 1.5cm too wide. 

Probably going to need to get a joiner in to shave 2cm off the doorframe. @strawb if you know of anybody who wouldn't mind a quick job in Bramhall? It's literally a 45 degree cut to a 2cm depth, then straight down about 6'6" of wooden door frame (no door), sand off to finish. I'd have a crack myself if I had the tools and the wife had any confidence that I wouldn't bring the whole house down.

I will ask a lad I know but he generally doesn’t get out of bed for little jobs mate

Just now, strawb said:

I will ask a lad I know but he generally doesn’t get out of bed for little jobs mate

I appreciate it. I'm trying to get hold of the lads who've done stuff for us in the past, but I think they're on holiday or something.

The last time I moved house (The DIVORCE move), I had to buy entirely new living room furniture cos they couldn't get my sofa through the living room door.

A very unwelcome expense. 

30 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Can you return the washing machine and get a slimmer model? I'm guessing that will be far from ideal though.

These things are sent to challenge us. I bought a large American Style fridge freezer only to find even with the doors off it wasn't getting through the kitchen/diner door. In the end had to move it out into the back garden through patio doors and back into the kitchen through the bifolds, scratching everything to fuck as it went and risking a prolapsed disc. I actually get anxiety thinking about what to do when it eventually needs replaced. 

The DIVORCE move was the one where I had two offers. One for £5k over asking price, and one for £15k over asking price. 

The estate agent told the two parties to submit full and final bids. 

The £5k couple submitted an identical offer and the £15k couple upped theirs by a further £15k. Absolutely chinned themselves. :lol: 

Obviously I then had to give half of the fucker away to the ex anyway so there were no winners here, as it turned out. 

• Haha 6

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The last time I moved house (The DIVORCE move), I had to buy entirely new living room furniture cos they couldn't get my sofa through the living room door.

A very unwelcome expense. 

Why didn’t you just take the front window out?

41 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Why don’t you just wedge the door frame off then put it back on when the washing machine is in?