What mood are you in and why?

catmag

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

Actually it was about the 25th I think? Sitting in the garden and the wife said something along the lines of it was lush in the garden, peace and quiet, nice weather etc and I put the pin in the bubble. :lol:

"How pet, yer knarr the hours daylight is past the zenith? Aye, it's downhill this year from now hinny. Takin' of years, ye've had more orbits now then ye're getting in the future pet....."

image.png.15ba8bc8489a047608df6abf1e90e5f4.png

"Pet?" 

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Renton said:

"How pet, yer knarr the hours daylight is past the zenith? Aye, it's downhill this year from now hinny. Takin' of years, ye've had more orbits now then ye're getting in the future pet....."

image.png.15ba8bc8489a047608df6abf1e90e5f4.png

"Pet?" 

:lol:

To be honest after I'd said it, it actually pissed me off more. She doesn't get worked up by stuff like that compared to me. I must be catching the make something up then get annoyed by it mackem trait but obviously not being a Mensa dodger the thing that's annoyed me is factually correct. 

• Haha 3

Since nobody asked, but I like a bit of cosmological chit chat;

As well as Earth and the other planets rotating around the Sun, the Sun itself also rotates. 

However, because it’s not a solid, it spins at different rates - its equator completes a rotation every 24 days, but near its poles it takes 35 days to do the same. 

Mercury, the planet nearest to the Sun, takes 88 days to orbit the Sun. 
We take just over 365 days, and Pluto takes just over 248 years to orbit the Sun. 

The Solar System is also orbiting the black hole at the centre of the Milky Way, at a speed of roughly 515,000mph, taking about 230 million years to complete an orbit. 
Since its birth, the Sun has completed 18 Galactic orbits. 
The last time the Sun was in the position it is now, the Trilobites had just gone extinct and all the continents were joined as Pangaea. 

IMG_2715.gif.26e7c29235b062dc7aa0ad2065800485.gif

• Like 6

I've been watching numerous YouTube videos on Cosmology recently. The James Webb telescope makes the Hubble look like a pair of binoculars. There are a 100 billion stars in the Milky-way. There are 2, 000 billion galaxies in the visible universe. Nobody knows how far the Universe extends outside the visible universe (93 billion light years). The universe might be infinite, or there may an infinity of universes in a multiverse. 

Things are no less mind blowing when you go the other direction and look at the incredibly small or consider deep time. It's absolutely mind blowing. 

And people are still killing themselves over a tribal myth from the Middle East. We really are a stupid species. 

• Like 4

Bought a 2nd hand projector off eBay for £160. Seller has since sent me a tracking code but deleted all of his other items and changed his location so there's a good chance I've been scammed. I paid via PayPal. Anyone know what recourse I have?

12 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Bought a 2nd hand projector off eBay for £160. Seller has since sent me a tracking code but deleted all of his other items and changed his location so there's a good chance I've been scammed. I paid via PayPal. Anyone know what recourse I have?

Get onto eBay. They weren't the easiest to get a hold of for stuff like this, (might be better now), but they will give you your money. :good:

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Renton said:

I've been watching numerous YouTube videos on Cosmology recently. The James Webb telescope makes the Hubble look like a pair of binoculars. There are a 100 billion stars in the Milky-way. There are 2, 000 billion galaxies in the visible universe. Nobody knows how far the Universe extends outside the visible universe (93 billion light years). The universe might be infinite, or there may an infinity of universes in a multiverse. 

Things are no less mind blowing when you go the other direction and look at the incredibly small or consider deep time. It's absolutely mind blowing. 

And people are still killing themselves over a tribal myth from the Middle East. We really are a stupid species. 

The whole bit about the Observable Universe is mental tbh- even if we could travel at light speed, by the time we reached where the edge of the OU was when we set off, it will have moved further away because the Universe is still expanding. 
Basically, we’d never be able to get to the edge, which , I think, makes the Universe infinite, as we’ll never get to the end of it. 

Again…

10 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Paypal should be able to do a chargeback I think. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

The whole bit about the Observable Universe is mental tbh- even if we could travel at light speed, by the time we reached where the edge of the OU was when we set off, it will have moved further away because the Universe is still expanding. 
Basically, we’d never be able to get to the edge, which , I think, makes the Universe infinite, as we’ll never get to the end of it. 

Again…

Unless we crack quantum tunnelling. 

On 28/06/2024 at 16:57, Kid Dynamite said:

Turns out I had 2 different sellers conflated and my projector is in the post :lol: ffs, I'm turning into my mother  

Gets better! The projector has a much longer throw than the last one I had, so the image is about half the size of the last one. £160 well spent 🤦🏻‍♂️

Anyone with a cinema room want a good deal on a projector?

30 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Gets better! The projector has a much longer throw than the last one I had, so the image is about half the size of the last one. £160 well spent 🤦🏻‍♂️

Paging @Christmas Tree  

Warning Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Aren't supersized telly's affordable now and very slim? Don't think I see the point of projectors, the image quality is surely poor? 

I'm getting a lifestyle TV for my second reception room (Samsung frame), hung on the wall for the first time. It's got a matt display which looks identical to an oil painting when in art mode. 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aren't supersized telly's affordable now and very slim? Don't think I see the point of projectors, the image quality is surely poor? 

I'm getting a lifestyle TV for my second reception room (Samsung frame), hung on the wall for the first time. It's got a matt display which looks identical to an oil painting when in art mode. 

It's for the bedroom. We have a cupboard above the bed with a soundbar, projector and SkyQ box (which connects to the main box downstairs WiFi). I can get a 90" HD picture on the wall at the bottom of the bed for £150, and no TV is going to match that. It's hidden in 2 seconds.

The bairn loves it too. She feels like she's having cinema nights with a bucket of popcorn in bed.

IMG_1852.thumb.jpeg.cd4640ccfe390f3faaa181f9b9aea668.jpeg

IMG_1853.thumb.jpeg.ed2fff93de6b8cb9d79d4cc820ce39c7.jpeg

IMG_1851.thumb.jpeg.4427936b276d02c08e02289b0a033f3d.jpeg