What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Someone should open a Mexican take-away. The way all the good stuff is neatly parcelled up in a tortilla makes it perfect for eating as you stagger home doesn't it?

Aye I've said for ages that a burrito shop in the town would make a killing. The way they roll them up in foil when you take them away makes them perfect hand-warmers for cold nights out too.

This is where a proper (i.e. not actually authentic but good) (i.e. German) kebab shop would be ideal too. Döner dürüm - a kebab wrap that actually tastes of something and doesn't fall apart when you try to eat it? Yes please.

The kebabs here are in a different league.

Someone should open a Mexican take-away. The way all the good stuff is neatly parcelled up in a tortilla makes it perfect for eating as you stagger home doesn't it?

Aye I've said for ages that a burrito shop in the town would make a killing. The way they roll them up in foil when you take them away makes them perfect hand-warmers for cold nights out too.

This is where a proper (i.e. not actually authentic but good) (i.e. German) kebab shop would be ideal too. Döner dürüm - a kebab wrap that actually tastes of something and doesn't fall apart when you try to eat it? Yes please.

Whatever, we won the war.

We won the battle. They won the kebab war. :lol:

One of the things I really miss about living in California is the lack of decent Mexican food over here.

I was talking about the exact same thing on Saturday night. Its fairly cheap food as well.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Could be a business plan that like. Could make a killing. My novel business plan was to start my own bookies with a bar in it, you'd make a fuckin killing if the government would give you a license.

Could be a business plan that like. Could make a killing. My novel business plan was to start my own bookies with a bar in it, you'd make a fuckin killing if the government would give you a license.

Small betting shop and cafe somewhere in the French countryside would be nice. Think you get money from the Govt monopoly for set up as well.

Small betting shop and cafe somewhere in the French countryside would be nice. Think you get money from the Govt monopoly for set up as well.

I'd look out of place over there with my small nose and regular bathing habits though. France might as well be communist, couldn't live there, and I have no desire to go back. 30 years behind the UK imo. I'll go back for Euro 2016 and that's it.

Feeling upset and bloody mad at the same time! A work friend has cancer and is losing her long fight. I met up with her yesterday with a couple of other friends. She sat there full of dignity and strength. not a moan or a hint of self pity. But shes so very thin and frail now. I dont think she can go on much longer. How must she feel inside? thats what gets me. I cannot imagine. Im so angry, shes only 51 and so lovely. :lol:

Feeling upset and bloody mad at the same time! A work friend has cancer and is losing her long fight. I met up with her yesterday with a couple of other friends. She sat there full of dignity and strength. not a moan or a hint of self pity. But shes so very thin and frail now. I dont think she can go on much longer. How must she feel inside? thats what gets me. I cannot imagine. Im so angry, shes only 51 and so lovely. :lol:

Its a horrible disease for all invoved, sufferers, family and friends.

The only thing you can ever really take from this sort of situation is a firmer resolve to never take your time here for granted and to get the absolute most out of life you can.

Edited by Christmas Tree

That's shit. My lass has got a mate in a similar spot. Late 30s and with two early teens kids. Pretty awful.

Its a horrible disease for all invoved, sufferers, family and friends.

The only thing you can ever really take from this sort of situation is a firmer resolve to never take your time here for granted and to get the absolute most out of life you can.

You're so right CT, that thought has stayed with me since I was so poorly for so long, not knowing what was wrong. I feel my friend has little time left. Its bloody heartbreaking to see her like that. You feel helpless but at the same time cant help but think how you'd feel yourself in that situation, then you feel guilty.

Oh its no good going on about it anyway, Im so pissed off right now.

That's shit. My lass has got a mate in a similar spot. Late 30s and with two early teens kids. Pretty awful.

God its all you seem to hear, so young too ;) It could be any of us.

Not a bad mood, pissed to be honest. Fucking betting, had such a good day and was waiting for one team for 536 quid, fuckin Seville, they had 16 chances, Espanyol the side they were playing had two, last team I was waiting for and it was Sevilla 0 Espanyol 2. Fuck it. It's not gonna break me 500 quid which wasn't mine. Looking forward to tomorrow, 9am in the Black Garter seems unrealistic like at this moment but I'll feel different in the morning. Look out for me on telly am in the front row.

:lol::icon_lol:

We won the battle. They won the kebab war. :lol:

Lebanese kebabs on the Edgeware road or Turkish kebabs in Stoke newington rank alongside anything I've had in Berlin.

Lebanese kebabs on the Edgeware road or Turkish kebabs in Stoke newington rank alongside anything I've had in Berlin.

We did a big system upgrade last October which involved late nights and weekends with hotels/take-aways all on expenses and the best scran we had was from a Syrian Kebab shop at the bottom of Shoreditch High St. It broke the myth that Kebabs are only edible with copious alcohol on board.