What mood are you in and why?

catmag

I'm feeling...

... genuinely desperate for the new football season to start. At times I yearn for the relative tranquility of pre-season (little to get worked up about), i.e. when we're not doing well. A few weeks off is good. But I'm really missing it now.

For me supporting the club and enjoying football in general is the perfect antidote - at times - to the stresses of the modern day working life. There is always so much to investigate, to analyze. It fascinates me.

;) what the fuck. CSI Newcastle.

Bored shitless at work - agreed to work this week as a goodwill gesture given the panic when I resigned but after handing over everything last week I have fuck all to do.

Could have been worse - there was confusion with HR on Friday which suggested I'd have to do another week after this one which would have had me on suicide watch- thankfully a false alarm.

Roll on the piss-up on Friday.

Had a mad, fab weekend catching up with some old mates on a flying visit to Manchester. Made me realise how much I miss the place.

More fucking stressed that I ever imagined I'd want to be.

Moving house, giving up on practically everything I've ever worked for and starting to live without my kids all rolled into one.

I'll be glad when this particular 'ride' comes to an end.

More fucking stressed that I ever imagined I'd want to be.

Moving house, giving up on practically everything I've ever worked for and starting to live without my kids all rolled into one.

I'll be glad when this particular 'ride' comes to an end.

Fucking hell its all me me me me me! ;)

:rip: Joking

Sounds like a shit situation but once the "shit" isnt there everyday you can start to see a better path.... (sounds corny I know).

Hope you can manage to keep things sweet (ish) with the ex as it will make all the difference in the world to spending quality time with the kids.

Good Luck.

Long and short of it is that due to financial constraints, the ex and me have been living under the same roof since the divorce - NOT been easy to say the least.

In order to get some closure on the whole sorry mess I've waived the division of equity I had in the marital home and have also taken an outstanding shared debt with me. Now to many that might seem like absolute madness but to those with kids, they should see some sense in my madness.

Given her financial position, there's no way my ex could have taken the mortgage on herself and still raise enough capital to release my share of the equity. That left us with selling the house and god only knows where my kids would have ended up and that has always weighed heavily on my mind.

By waiving my share and also relieving her of a shared debt, I've effectively given her the house - but my kids are safe and secure and that comes first. Essentially I'm having to start all over again and what I can afford (and have the ability to house my kids when they come to stay) is limited. Needless to say I'm moving to about an hour away from them which is a lot closer to work but trying to find something and have all the pieces fit together at the right time is stressful to say the least.

Don't wish this on anyone - it's one hell of an emotional journey.

Fucking hell mate, that's a big upheaval and a major financial hit (and all amidst an emotional shit storm I've no doubt) but full respect for keeping the focus on the kids and maintaining their family home.

Aw Craig, thats tough for you. I hope it all gets sorted. It must be so hard to be leaving your family home :rip:

When your children are grown, can you not then have your share of the house?

Edited by Toonraider

Explains why you've been so mardy in any case :rip:

In all seriousness that courageous mate, hope the ex appreciates the sacrifice and I hope Karma comes back around for you.

Long and short of it is that due to financial constraints, the ex and me have been living under the same roof since the divorce - NOT been easy to say the least.

In order to get some closure on the whole sorry mess I've waived the division of equity I had in the marital home and have also taken an outstanding shared debt with me. Now to many that might seem like absolute madness but to those with kids, they should see some sense in my madness.

Given her financial position, there's no way my ex could have taken the mortgage on herself and still raise enough capital to release my share of the equity. That left us with selling the house and god only knows where my kids would have ended up and that has always weighed heavily on my mind.

By waiving my share and also relieving her of a shared debt, I've effectively given her the house - but my kids are safe and secure and that comes first. Essentially I'm having to start all over again and what I can afford (and have the ability to house my kids when they come to stay) is limited. Needless to say I'm moving to about an hour away from them which is a lot closer to work but trying to find something and have all the pieces fit together at the right time is stressful to say the least.

Good on you for putting your kids first and hope it all works out

:o All the best Craig.