What mood are you in and why?

catmag

In a bit of a strange mood - I've finally been offered a new job but I still need some self-convincing to embrace it which is making me worried that deep down it's not quite right.

Go back and read some of your threads about how desperate you were to move on.

There is always the fear of the unknown and even sometimes you have to take a step back to move forward.

If you applied for it you must have wanted it. Make sure its not fear of change holding you back...........Grasshopper :lol:

I know being too settled is part of it - really I should have left long before now - its just that what they've offered though fine in itself left me feeling not wanted enough - they've offered me just more than my current basic + on call allowance as a basic with the promise of good bonuses - it's not really the money as such - I just wanted a sign at the start that they really wanted me by offering me a "token" increase in basic.

I suppose I'm being a bit daft really.

Not knowing what you do but thats probably right.

I know enough to know you hate your boss and hate where you are so just make the move. Its more dosh and the fact they havent thrown down palm leaves should just fire you up to prove yourself.

Go for it......(My saying in life....LTS.....Lifes Too Short)

Well I've verbally accepted the job - now I can get on with the other life projects.

Good luck with the new job anyway.

Cheers - I'm a lot more positive about it today.

Continuing my tour of former enemies I'm going to work for the Russians.

Top mood.

Kids booked on tomorrow night for sleepover at Granny Fist's, table booked at Forest Hall's finest Indian, new batteries bought for the Mandingo Ramrod, lie in on Sunday.

Be a great weekend if I didn't have be at 5.30 tomorrow for FECKING graft.

:D

Woke up this morning feeling the weight of the World has been lifted from my shoulders, as fingers crossed I know what I will be doing in my next role job wise.

It's funny, people think theat being on 4 months garden leave should be great, but for me it's been nothing but a source of anxiety and depression, one of the worst periods in my life so far. And that's on full pay, to be long-term unemployed is unimaginably horrific to me. I couldn't even post on here because I felt so down about things. Good thing is I still have nearly another month on full pay to enjoy things now, and I can, knowing I have a more secure future. Off to Italy in a couple of weeks and really looking forward to it.

Anxious. Massive party today and looking to see off my 20s in some style. Worried the weather won't hold off, worried that I'll get so drunk I don't remember it and really looking forward to it.

Woke up this morning feeling the weight of the World has been lifted from my shoulders, as fingers crossed I know what I will be doing in my next role job wise.

It's funny, people think theat being on 4 months garden leave should be great, but for me it's been nothing but a source of anxiety and depression, one of the worst periods in my life so far. And that's on full pay, to be long-term unemployed is unimaginably horrific to me. I couldn't even post on here because I felt so down about things. Good thing is I still have nearly another month on full pay to enjoy things now, and I can, knowing I have a more secure future. Off to Italy in a couple of weeks and really looking forward to it.

Rent-Tits. Had no idea you had this shit going on. Glad to hear you've got sorted anyway.

Didn't see this til Gemmil quoted it. Hope shit is all perfick now.

Rent-Tits. Had no idea you had this shit going on. Glad to hear you've got sorted anyway.

Cheers Gemmill (and Fish). I found myself in the almost insane position that the NHS preferred to pay me not to work than just let me go. Because of this I've probably wiped out about two years worth of the average tax payer's contributions. Of course it's a bit more complicated than that but the NHS will waste literally billions of pounds on shit like this during their reorganisation, if it goes ahead.

Like NJS I have reservations about my future job (better pay but worse terms and conditions) but I'm determined to make it a success. Going to be much harder than my old role though, and mean a lot of travel.

Puzzled, just got in from work and my ma says she's had enough of her job and paying the mortgage and that she wants to sell the house and go and and help kids in Africa, I really hope this is a sick joke as I can't afford to move out at the moment

Ordering a kebab, soba to help the shock

I have nibbled on the Fish's hog, and all is good.

:D

Puzzler- Pig Embryo or Pork Scratching?

thumb_aa8cf04d439b89e85d71b95ff9326266.jpg

Poll please Nick-Kielce-Poland

Fuck that, let him just explain to us how because we haven't spent much on said embryo/scratching it's far more enjoyable than those expensive, better quality scratching/embryos!

Oh so very hungover.

Fucking awesome party. At midnight I was making my excuses and was heading for bed when one of the girls asked me to si in the taxi a second for a chat. I drunkenly obliged and subsequently found myself inside a club 2 miles away... Got in around 4am ... I think.

Ate pig, drank lots, my friends bought me a bike and all the kit to go with it because they squirrelled out of me that it's one of the next purchases I've got planned.

Said goodbye to my 20s in style.

Oh so very hungover.

Fucking awesome party. At midnight I was making my excuses and was heading for bed when one of the girls asked me to si in the taxi a second for a chat. I drunkenly obliged and subsequently found myself inside a club 2 miles away... Got in around 4am ... I think.

Ate pig, drank lots, my friends bought me a bike and all the kit to go with it because they squirrelled out of me that it's one of the next purchases I've got planned.

Nice. I had a Jamaican steel band for my 30th. I used to smoke quite a bit admittedly.....

Oh so very hungover.

Nice. I had a Jamaican steel band for my 30th. I used to smoke quite a bit admittedly.....

Oh so very hungover.

That's probably better than watching your aged mam in law dancing to "When the saints come marching in". Surprise parties.....that was a fucking surprise I can tell you..... :D

That's probably better than watching your aged mam in law dancing to "When the saints come marching in". Surprise parties.....that was a fucking surprise I can tell you..... :D

Now, when you say "dancing"....

:rolleyes:

Just booked up the summer holiday, taking the whole of August off (:rolleyes: love working here), week in Blyth/Newcastle, then the rest in Hossegor in Les Landes. Leaving the bairn for a few days there and just me and the missus off to San Sebastian / Gipuzkoa. Might go to Bilbao for the day too to see the Guggenheim.

Just booked up the summer holiday, taking the whole of August off (:rolleyes: love working here), week in Blyth/Newcastle, then the rest in Hossegor in Les Landes. Leaving the bairn for a few days there and just me and the missus off to San Sebastian / Gipuzkoa. Might go to Bilbao for the day too to see the Guggenheim.

:D Monsieur McCann!

:D Monsieur McCann!

Load of ready meals in the freezer and lock the doors, she'll be fine.

Am off tomorrow for 5 days too. Will keep the bairn with us this time though.