What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Sad and miserable really :lol: Father In law was put on the old syringe driver yesterday, not long for him now. Im going to have a few hours kip then back to the hospital to be with hubby and family. I fear it may be a long day/night.

<_<

Thinking of you Bev x

Likewise TR, stay strong.

Aww thanks you two. Dad passed away Monday morning. He did suffer until the end which was awful for him and the family. Big funeral on Monday coming, he was a well known local PC (the old fashoined sort) for 31 years in his younger days. He will have a NARPO Flag draped over his coffin with uniformed police as Pallbearers.

I will be glad when its all over, we are all totally exhausted.

Sorry TR, it's not good he suffered, may he RIP.

Keep everyone safe and make sure they appreciate Dad for himself. Also keep them away from the shop and the toys until their heads are clear again.

Thanks Sammy and everyone. xxx

Feel better after a good sleep and back again into work tonight. Then I'm off for five nights. The bastards I work for only give ONE shift off for compassionate leave. I had that last Monday night as I was too tired to go in as we'd been up for practically 3 nights taking turns at hospital. I've taken this Monday night off as its the funeral day, but I've taken it unpaid as my hols don't start again until April. How bad it that? It was the same when my Dad died, one poxy shift off! And they call it compassionate :jesuswept: As if you'd feel like working having just lost your partner/parent/child? :(

Sammy they are working on the engine of my sons racecar right now, he has his first meeting at Brands on the 10th April. It had been neglected obviously as hubby went to the hospital every evening/night for nearly 7 weeks. So now its all systems go and I think it helps as its keeping their minds off the upcoming funeral a bit.

i'd remove the plugs/fuses from every electrical device she owns so she has no contact/entertainment and has to go out looking like a caveman

I was thinking about the taking remote, then she'd have to get up off her lazy arse and change it

RE: phone

She's just come in denying it, and I've just checked my phone usage online, no one else could have taken it so unless she comes clean I'll say I'll have to ring the police because someone has walked into the house and taken it

BOOM, got it

Edited by Idioteque

She's just come in denying it, and I've just checked my phone usage online, no one else could have taken it so unless she comes clean I'll say I'll have to ring the police because someone has walked into the house and taken it

BOOM, got it

You posted this at 1101, then edited 30 seconds later at 1101. The story seems as plausible as heatonlass95 being a real person. You've hunted for it all day, then 30 seconds after you post this it turns up. Aye "souuuuuuuuuund" as yeez would say.

BOOM, got it

You posted this at 1101, then edited 30 seconds later at 1101. The story seems as plausible as heatonlass95 being a real person. You've hunted for it all day, then 30 seconds after you post this it turns up. Aye "souuuuuuuuuund" as yeez would say.

29 minutes later....

the BOOM, got it bit was the plan I was thinking about it to catch her out.

What's with the Austria badge Stevie?

I'll win quite a bit if they beat Belgium tomorrow night. I'll be waiting of England and Eire for £550. The two home nations will piss their games, so mon the Austria. I've been to Austria, fucking great country, so hot when I was there, then you go to the mountains and it's freezing. Beautiful country. They don't feel like proper regimented krauts neither.

Aww thanks you two. Dad passed away Monday morning. He did suffer until the end which was awful for him and the family. Big funeral on Monday coming, he was a well known local PC (the old fashoined sort) for 31 years in his younger days. He will have a NARPO Flag draped over his coffin with uniformed police as Pallbearers.

Toonraider, sincere sympathy for your loss.

x

I'll win quite a bit if they beat Belgium tomorrow night. I'll be waiting of England and Eire for £550. The two home nations will piss their games, so mon the Austria. I've been to Austria, fucking great country, so hot when I was there, then you go to the mountains and it's freezing. Beautiful country. They don't feel like proper regimented krauts neither.

Aye, it's supposed to be a lovely place. They've had their share of wronguns though, Fritzl, Priklopil, Adolf...

Aye, it's supposed to be a lovely place. They've had their share of wronguns though, Fritzl, Priklopil, Adolf...

Mag Pog at Boro, and that Sharner at West Brom, he's always struck me as the type of bloke to shave NIKE signs in his pubes. Apparently they really are a bit mad Austrians like.

x

Aw Thank you sweetie xx

Took Mum to the viewing yesterday as she hadn't seen him. I'm very used to being with people as they die or soon after. But this was very weird to me....it was almost creepy. (Im sorry to say that scenes from Six Feet Under kept springing to my mind :nufc: ) I had a very strong feeling he was going to move, I couldnt take my eyes off him, it was very unerving to say the least. He didn't look like Dad to me.

It got me thinking about how we deal with death, its all hush hush and do this because its 'the proper way' and don't say that and so on. I think I'd prefer it if everyone just freaked out!

Sorry to hear about all this, TR.

Thanks Bianca xx

I was very fond of my father in law :lol: Not looking forward to the funeral, its all abit too soon for me after my Dad's death.

Anyhow, I've had a very productive day. Ive cleaned, swept, tidied, polished and hoovered the whole place! All the washing done aswell :nufc: Looking forwards to going out with hubby's family tonight, I intend to get drunk...(wont take much on the Amitriptyline) :crylaughin:

x

Aw Thank you sweetie xx

Took Mum to the viewing yesterday as she hadn't seen him. I'm very used to being with people as they die or soon after. But this was very weird to me....it was almost creepy. (Im sorry to say that scenes from Six Feet Under kept springing to my mind :nufc: ) I had a very strong feeling he was going to move, I couldnt take my eyes off him, it was very unerving to say the least. He didn't look like Dad to me.

It got me thinking about how we deal with death, its all hush hush and do this because its 'the proper way' and don't say that and so on. I think I'd prefer it if everyone just freaked out!

It is strange how we deal with it. Like you, I'm used to being with dead people too and have help to lay out many, many patients that I've nursed over the years and it hasn't bothered me. For some reason I'm really creeped out by it at the moment and had to go through to our A&E a couple of weeks ago to check an anaesthetic machine. It was in the resus bay and all the screens were pulled around etc. I asked one of the nurses if it was ok to go in and she said "Oh yeah, it's fine, there's just a deceased gentleman in there.." For the first time in years I was properly freaked out and got goosebumps when I went in - I was absolutely convinced he was going to move. I checked the machine as fast as I could and felt a huge relief when I got out of the room, it was very strange.

x

Aw Thank you sweetie xx

Took Mum to the viewing yesterday as she hadn't seen him. I'm very used to being with people as they die or soon after. But this was very weird to me....it was almost creepy. (Im sorry to say that scenes from Six Feet Under kept springing to my mind :lol: ) I had a very strong feeling he was going to move, I couldnt take my eyes off him, it was very unnerving to say the least. He didn't look like Dad to me.

It is strange how we deal with it. Like you, I'm used to being with dead people too and have help to lay out many, many patients that I've nursed over the years and it hasn't bothered me. For some reason I'm really creeped out by it at the moment and had to go through to our A&E a couple of weeks ago to check an anaesthetic machine. It was in the resus bay and all the screens were pulled around etc. I asked one of the nurses if it was ok to go in and she said "Oh yeah, it's fine, there's just a deceased gentleman in there.." For the first time in years I was properly freaked out and got goosebumps when I went in - I was absolutely convinced he was going to move. I checked the machine as fast as I could and felt a huge relief when I got out of the room, it was very strange.

Weird isnt it Cath? I know exactly how you felt. Perhaps its because there is a difference between being with someone as they die and doing what you have to do as opposed to entering a room where a dead body lies?? I don't know, but seeing Dad has definitely unsettled me. Its the absolute stillness that got me and yet I could have sworn he moved or was about to move at any time :crylaughin: Maybe its just the fact he's family and not a client :nufc: I touched his hand and his face, he was so ice cold it momentarily shocked me....but then I thought how silly, of course he's cold he's been in a cold room.

Perhaps as we get older it affects us differently Cath, I couldnt help but think that will be me one day lying like that. I have to say I've been pretty upset about it all over the last few days.

• 3 weeks later...
Hope that hamstring doesn't go then.

Fecking lousy, got told casually i've been "volunteered" to help get some development team up and running at an agricultural college.

stupid accents, stupid fields, no football at lunch grrrrrrr.

Obsessed tbh :icon_lol:

Hope that hamstring doesn't go then.

Fecking lousy, got told casually i've been "volunteered" to help get some development team up and running at an agricultural college.

stupid accents, stupid fields, no football at lunch grrrrrrr.

Where's that then?

Well I've been in a miserable mood lately, its all doom and gloom at the moment. After my father in laws funeral it started to hit us what a rough time he had and we all had. Hubby is feeling down and we are so busy with his business and my job. Then my friend who Ive mentioned before, passed away last Friday. She finally lost her battle with cancer. She was only 51. Her funeral is on Wednesday. We are all wearing something pink for Breast Cancer care and because it was her favourite colour. After the funeral we are each letting off a pink balloon by the sea. How unfair life is!