What mood are you in and why?

catmag

• 2 weeks later...

That job I was offered, I just don't think I can take it, 25 hours but somehow spread over four or five days, earliest start 06.45, latest finish 20.00 and the clincher..... Must do one day every weekend and for minimum wage. I just can't do it even if it is handy. There's been a few back and forth calls where I wanted clarification on a few details and this is basically it. I wish I could just retire or get FT hours minimum wage for being my wife's carer, (which I am). 

If the missus doesn't get a limited capability benefit we've only just found out about I couldn't take it anyway and I trust the DWP as much as I can spit after six months of extreme worry when they tried it on by removing some of her PIP a few years ago, (which she ended up getting more of at an independent tribunal such was the DWP pisstake).

No replies necessary btw, you must all be sick of hearing about it, (I'm sick of writing it), and no CT, I'm not going to drive a taxi. :lol:

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

That job I was offered, I just don't think I can take it, 25 hours but somehow spread over four or five days, earliest start 06.45, latest finish 20.00 and the clincher..... Must do one day every weekend and for minimum wage. I just can't do it even if it is handy. There's been a few back and forth calls where I wanted clarification on a few details and this is basically it. I wish I could just retire or get FT hours minimum wage for being my wife's carer, (which I am). 

If the missus doesn't get a limited capability benefit we've only just found out about I couldn't take it anyway and I trust the DWP as much as I can spit after six months of extreme worry when they tried it on by removing some of her PIP a few years ago, (which she ended up getting more of at an independent tribunal such was the DWP pisstake).

No replies necessary btw, you must all be sick of hearing about it, (I'm sick of writing it), and no CT, I'm not going to drive a taxi. :lol:

Make mugs with zany designs on them. 

• Haha 4

On 13/09/2024 at 22:15, Dr Gloom said:

Nervous excitement. I’m off to the t20 finals day at Edgbasron then a pub debrief followed by rave in Digby.

#prayforgloom

Did we ever get an update on how this day (and night) panned out btw? :lol: 

On 26/09/2024 at 00:04, Alex said:

Did we ever get an update on how this day (and night) panned out btw? :lol: 

it was messy. I was too sloshed by the fifth innings to stay and watch Gloucestershire’s trophy presentation. That’s a long day of cricket man. 11am-10pm. Fucking Baltic too - the warmth of the boozer was calling and it was an easier decision to make as the final was a forgone conclusion and I had no skin in the game.

found this tiny, edgy warehouse style dnb rave in Digbeth for the late night savagery. Only a fiver to get in. You would have loved it. Older crowd, and a real throwback to the 90s. Slightly moody crowd and general lawlessness with people smoking indoors etc 

• Haha 3

Digbeth is kind of sketchy end of Brum mind. It’s an old industrial area full of old converted warehouse style boozers with music outdoors. We saw two fights kick off in one place we went to, including two young lasses going at it. It’s funny how people bang on about how dangerous London is but your rarely see anything kick off, let alone twice in the same evening 

I think the warehouses were mostly still just (ex-)warehouses when I was at Aston Uni, so I mainly associate Digbeth with ill-advised late-night curries at Manzils, the Custard Factory, and waiting in the cold and dark at the (pre-renovation) coach station - those were the days, take me back, kids these days don't know they're born etc. - to get to Stansted for a 6am Ryanair in the glory days of last-minute flights for under a fiver :lol: 

Absolute emotional rollercoaster. 

Finished my shift and my 9:30pm return load is from a drinks factory at Kegworth. 

Sleep spot 5 minutes away at Donington Services. 

I thought I’d nip in and see if I could dump my trailer there, let them load it whilst I’m on my 9hrs, also letting me park anywhere in the services as I’d just be my wagon only, no trailer. 

Bloke in charge was top notch- “ No problem me Duck!”

IMG_3440.jpeg.fa69370d3dbff1cc4b1c8a9085b006c4.jpeg

Dump the trailer, pull in to the services, get parked in a quiet spot, and think 

“ Mint- uninterrupted kip!”

Then I hear a plane taking off next door and realise I’m 2 minutes from East Midlands Fucken Airport.…

IMG_3441.jpeg.3858fc09d9f1999f4c5cae899f629efb.jpeg

Never mind, earplugs to the rescue. 

Off I toddle to check out the showers- they’re huge cubicles, with a double bench, constant flow ( not having to press a button every 10 seconds), and are spotless! 

I think, 

“ Best drop my final cargo of the day!”

and nip in to the bog to release the Kraken, and it’s clean, fragrant, and roomy! 
This is too good to be true! 

And it was. 

As I was making an arse barrier on the seat with big roll, the flush went off. 
“ Odd?”

Went to get some more paper, flushed again…

It was sensor operated. 
Sat down to lay cable, 10 seconds in, fucking flushed again. 
Neptune’s bastard Kiss. 
But it wasn’t just the one peck on the cheek, oh no! 
I lost count after the tenth icy cold barse shower, and, every time, I involuntarily clenched - my turd must’ve looked like a fucking Yorkie with the bricks and the break-offs. 

Now back in the Strangle Wagon, about to strangle it, then kip! 

Goodnight 😘

• Haha 8

:lol:

Also. 

I think I want to get creative and turn this epic story into a children's book, ladybird style. "Monkey's fist drops off the kids" or something. 

Edit. Also stikes me Viz may be interested. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 3

On 13/09/2024 at 11:28, Gemmill said:

Americans are terrible for this. Thinking that hard work, in and of itself, is somehow a virtue. Fuck that. You've been hoodwinked.

Just happened to notice this. 

In my last gig, I was trying to contact one of the tech leads (he was in US) to check where he was up to with some shit he was doing for me, couldn’t find him/get hold of him, was eventually told “oh he’s in hospital”. 2 days later was holding an update meeting and the fucker dialed in, was surprised and said “I heard you were in hospital, are you OK”, Yes I’m OK says he, followed by I’ve got pneumonia.

Fucking mental the yanks about work.

• Like 1

Just now, Toonpack said:

Just happened to notice this. 

In my last gig, I was trying to contact one of the tech leads (he was in US) to check where he was up to with some shit he was doing for me, couldn’t find him/get hold of him, was eventually told “oh he’s in hospital”. 2 days later was holding an update meeting and the fucker dialed in, was surprised and said “I heard you were in hospital, are you OK”, Yes I’m OK says he, followed by I’ve got pneumonia.

Fucking mental the yanks about work.

I had a 12 noon call with my line manager last week, who is based in Boston. "Gosh, you're up early" I said, thinking it would be 7am there. "Yes Renton, I'm on the west coast today". The dippit cunt had arranged a call with me at 4am his time. Can't get much more virtuous than that. Just don't expect me to follow suit. 

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1

USA! USA!

American GIF

Just getting ready to clock in to my 12 hour blob shift half an hour before my regular shift has finished.

Don Lemon GIF by Red Table Talk

Vacation? Lol. As long as I get the fourth of July and Thanksgiving off that's more than enough for me.

Roses Funeral GIF by Un si grand soleil

Hey, what y'all doing up there?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

I had a 12 noon call with my line manager last week, who is based in Boston. "Gosh, you're up early" I said, thinking it would be 7am there. "Yes Renton, I'm on the west coast today". The dippit cunt had arranged a call with me at 4am his time. Can't get much more virtuous than that. Just don't expect me to follow suit. 

yanks rarely pay attention to the time difference for Europe workers. Last lot the middle managers were great for holding their weekly team meetings at 10am Friday which sounds ok on the surface but it was 10am Houston time (add 6 hrs) the poor bastard UK lads who were in their teams were permanently thrilled and then you add another 4 hours for the Indian folks (and their work ethic makes the yanks look sensible ).

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Absolute emotional rollercoaster. 

Finished my shift and my 9:30pm return load is from a drinks factory at Kegworth. 

Sleep spot 5 minutes away at Donington Services. 

I thought I’d nip in and see if I could dump my trailer there, let them load it whilst I’m on my 9hrs, also letting me park anywhere in the services as I’d just be my wagon only, no trailer. 

Bloke in charge was top notch- “ No problem me Duck!”

Dump the trailer, pull in to the services, get parked in a quiet spot, and think 

“ Mint- uninterrupted kip!”

Then I hear a plane taking off next door and realise I’m 2 minutes from East Midlands Fucken Airport.…

Never mind, earplugs to the rescue. 

Off I toddle to check out the showers- they’re huge cubicles, with a double bench, constant flow ( not having to press a button every 10 seconds), and are spotless! 

I think, 

“ Best drop my final cargo of the day!”

and nip in to the bog to release the Kraken, and it’s clean, fragrant, and roomy! 
This is too good to be true! 

And it was. 

As I was making an arse barrier on the seat with big roll, the flush went off. 
“ Odd?”

Went to get some more paper, flushed again…

It was sensor operated. 
Sat down to lay cable, 10 seconds in, fucking flushed again. 
Neptune’s bastard Kiss. 
But it wasn’t just the one peck on the cheek, oh no! 
I lost count after the tenth icy cold barse shower, and, every time, I involuntarily clenched - my turd must’ve looked like a fucking Yorkie with the bricks and the break-offs. 

Now back in the Strangle Wagon, about to strangle it, then kip! 

Goodnight 😘

Who the fuck had a shit after they shower?

39 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Who the fuck had a shit after they shower?

Truckers, pluckers and bad motherfuckers.

Wave Hello GIF by Daimler Trucks

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Digbeth is kind of sketchy end of Brum mind. It’s an old industrial area full of old converted warehouse style boozers with music outdoors. We saw two fights kick off in one place we went to, including two young lasses going at it. It’s funny how people bang on about how dangerous London is but your rarely see anything kick off, let alone twice in the same evening 

Been raving in Digbeth years ago. It was a bit scary then too :lol: 

3 hours ago, Toonpack said:

yanks rarely pay attention to the time difference for Europe workers. Last lot the middle managers were great for holding their weekly team meetings at 10am Friday which sounds ok on the surface but it was 10am Houston time (add 6 hrs) the poor bastard UK lads who were in their teams were permanently thrilled and then you add another 4 hours for the Indian folks (and their work ethic makes the yanks look sensible ).

I worked on the Francis Scott Bridge and Chesapeake Bay Bridge at one company for the Baltimore office.  They kept insisting on Meetings at 16:00 UK time on a Friday! Get to fuck that's pub time :lol: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I worked on the Francis Scott Bridge and Chesapeake Bay Bridge at one company for the Baltimore office.  They kept insisting on Meetings at 16:00 UK time on a Friday! Get to fuck that's pub time :lol: 

That’s the one that collapsed, aye? 

:whistling:

IMG_2985.gif.e8b45a558ff3d049cc829afbce812d98.gif

• Haha 1