What mood are you in and why?

catmag

This post has reminded me that I bought something for £175 about 6 month ago, and got sent two of the £175 items. 

The second one is under the bed in the spare room so I'd forgotten about it. It will now be going on ebay. 

Edited by Gemmill

34 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Aye code did work, and I have the kit AS I DETAILED in my post, you are patently a doddery old coffin dodger wannabe.

I was just confirming with you. Because, to my mind, if something worked and I got a new code, I'd not ask a bunch of strangers on the internet what to do. I hoped, nay prayed, that something else was going on because otherwise ... Well, that would be some straight up CT shit right here.

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

This post has reminded me that I bought something for £175 about 6 month ago, and got sent two of the £175 items. 

The second one is under the bed in the spare room so I'd forgotten about it. It will now be going on ebay. 

Did you go online and ask people what to do with the spare?

I think the question he was asking was, do I use this second code and get two for the price of one.

Not "should I ignore this code". :lol:

Although at TP's age, I'm surprised he wasn't trying to ask us if he was the victim of a scam and did he need to unplug the router until further notice. 

• Haha 1

Just now, The Fish said:

Did you go online and ask people what to do with the spare?

No I used my superbonce, and elected to give it 6 months or so to allow the retailer to twig, and then flog it. 

This is not a "mom and pop" small retailer btw. This is someone no one should give a fuck about them being on the losing end for once. 

I love the non-specificity of this "£175 item". It's a hi-tech novelty buttplug, isn't it?

• Haha 2

I think the question he was asking was, do I use this second code and get two for the price of one.

Although at TP's age, I'm surprised he wasn't trying to ask us if he was the victim of a scam and did he need to unplug the router until further notice. 

What would he do with two doorbells? One at the normal height, just for guests and one a foot lower down for tradespeople?

Just now, Meenzer said:

I love the non-specificity of this "£175 item". It's a hi-tech novelty buttplug, isn't it?

:lol: if it was, I'd have worn the other one out by now and have no desire to part with the second one. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

What would he do with two doorbells? One at the normal height, just for guests and one a foot lower down for tradespeople?

A replacement to sell on ebay, possibly in 6 months time when he's given Vodafone enough time to twig. 

The extra cameras he would install in the ladies toilets of a nearby diner. They don't call him Upskirt Ali for nothing. 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol: if it was, I'd have worn the other one out by now and have no desire to part with the second one. 

Or, you'd sell the first as "reconditioned" and keep the second one. 

Be careful buying items from Gemmill gents. 

27 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It was more to gauge the morals of my fellow TT posters tbh. Sadly, but maybe predictably, they are found wanting.

P.S. IT systems and security were my bag for 30+ years, until I RETIRED

Just now, Gemmill said:

Message received. Unplug the router again now. We'll get a message to you when it's safe. 

Not sure how to do that. Am going to send you an email for instuctions, just click the link, or open the attachment, either is fine, and you can help.

• Haha 1

So I'm at the stage now where I wake up and dread logging in to work. My US employers have made half my peers redundant, panicked when they realised this meant we couldn't fulfil our contracts, asked me which of my friends I would like back, which I refused to do but reluctantly told them who were most project critical. So they have now removed the offer of redundancy from these people, which I had no knowledge they were going to do, which makes me feel awful about it. It's a complete shit show and morale is so low now I fear we may go into a death loop. I would gladly accept redundancy myself at this point and use the time to get the right job elsewhere, won't happen though.

I know people say it's only work but its a big part of your life isn't it? I shouldn't complain really as things could be much worse. At least I have you bitches to cheer me up. :D

• Like 4

It is only work, but it's also absolutely dismal when you're doing a job you hate. The place I left recently eventually got the investment it needed to survive, but from a complete cunt who is talking about insisting people do 5 days a week in the London office. 

Now this was a North East based startup project, so this is effectively constructive dismissal of all of the people that worked on it from the beginning and built it into a successful business. He just wants his own team working in London so he's making this ludicrous demand because he knows everyone will leave. 

I genuinely don't know how rich cunts like this sleep, doing that to people. 

I was really fortunate to get out before all this shit happened.

• Like 5

Working at a start-up btw. I was there 5 and a bit years, and there wasn't a day when the future of the business wasn't in question, cos it constantly needed investment until it started trading. 

I would never put myself in that position again. That's a young man's game. Being in your mid to late 40s, with a fairly chunky mortgage and one eye on the path to retirement, and having that constantly in your head was dead stressful. 

I bought something a couple of weeks ago, and realised that it's the sort of decision I would have agonised over when I was working there cos I felt like the axe could swing at any time - and there would be no redundancy, just a month's notice and off you fuck. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Working at a start-up btw. I was there 5 and a bit years, and there wasn't a day when the future of the business wasn't in question, cos it constantly needed investment until it started trading. 

I would never put myself in that position again. That's a young man's game. Being in your mid to late 40s, with a fairly chunky mortgage and one eye on the path to retirement, and having that constantly in your head was dead stressful. 

I bought something a couple of weeks ago, and realised that it's the sort of decision I would have agonised over when I was working there cos I felt like the axe could swing at any time - and there would be no redundancy, just a month's notice and off you fuck. 

I moved in with my wife a lot later than I would've as I was only on a temporary contract at the time. She was permanent but my wage was a lot more but I always had the sword of Damocles hanging over me of a week's notice so I wouldn't commit to getting a mortgage till they finally took a few of us on. It's absolutely shit, like. :good:

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It is only work, but it's also absolutely dismal when you're doing a job you hate. The place I left recently eventually got the investment it needed to survive, but from a complete cunt who is talking about insisting people do 5 days a week in the London office. 

Now this was a North East based startup project, so this is effectively constructive dismissal of all of the people that worked on it from the beginning and built it into a successful business. He just wants his own team working in London so he's making this ludicrous demand because he knows everyone will leave. 

I genuinely don't know how rich cunts like this sleep, doing that to people. 

I was really fortunate to get out before all this shit happened.

Like babies because they're incapable of giving a shit. 

Wasn't there some study where High levels execs were almost indistinguishable from psychopaths?

Hare reports that about 1 percent of the general population meets the clinical criteria for psychopathy.[11] Hare further claims that the prevalence of psychopaths is higher in the business world than in the general population. Figures of around 3–4% have been cited for more senior positions in business.[6] A 2011 study of Australian white-collar managers found that 5.76 percent could be classed as psychopathic and another 10.42 percent dysfunctional with psychopathic characteristics.

Edited by The Fish
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I bought something a couple of weeks ago, and realised that it's the sort of decision I would have agonised over when I was working there

On 10/09/2024 at 14:08, ewerk said:

Nearly.

image.thumb.png.abb3c8c5a8f9aa6abb3480f182b32617.png

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

I moved in with my wife a lot later than I would've as I was only on a temporary contract at the time. She was permanent but my wage was a lot more but I always had the sword of Damocles hanging over me of a week's notice so I wouldn't commit to getting a mortgage till they finally took a few of us on. It's absolutely shit, like. :good:

Loads of stuff during that five year period that she wanted to do, and it was always "well shall we see how it works out with my job first?" 

We were on half pay for about 4 months during covid cos it was running out of money. 

And this cunt has just turned up and sees all the people that did this as immediately disposable. He genuinely deserves a proper hiding. 

• Like 5