What mood are you in and why?

catmag

I've got to ring my dickhead energy provider again today. I'm not someone who rings up and complains about shit, mostly cos I can't be arsed, but basically:

- Installed smart meters that don't work

- during installation, the engineer submitted an erroneous final reading, which meant they charged me £840 for 5 weeks of gas

- account went big in debt as a result, so they decided to unilaterally change my direct debit even though the charge was in dispute

- I rang them the day they informed me of the DD change and the girl on the phone said she'd changed it back to the previous amount

- notification from my bank this morning telling me that the bigger amount is leaving  my bank tomorrow

So a string of fuckups on their part, and I'm the one left out of pocket at the end of it. 

Second complaint in two days incoming. 

• Jaysus... 1

Call your bank and tell them don't pay it - Direct Debit guarantee should allow that.

Edited by Toonpack
  • Like 1

I've spoken to them and they're gonna refund the difference. I went on the phone thinking I was gonna demand some compensation, but in the event it was a young lass, dead polite and meek sounding, and I just couldn't bring myself to be a knob about it. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I've spoken to them and they're gonna refund the difference. I went on the phone thinking I was gonna demand some compensation, but in the event it was a young lass, dead polite and meek sounding, and I just couldn't bring myself to be a knob about it. 

She's probably laughing with you on mute given the wanker sign in front of her colleagues. 

• Haha 9

We’ve just said no every time they’ve tried to arrange an appointment to install one as it seems like a complete waste of time / of zero benefit. 

50 minutes ago, Renton said:

She's probably laughing with you on mute given the wanker sign in front of her colleagues. 

I think I was probably on speaker and her and all the lasses were mad flicking their beans with their legs in the air. Seems more likely to me. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

We’ve just said no every time they’ve tried to arrange an appointment to install one as it seems like a complete waste of time / of zero benefit. 

I think there's a lot of benefits IF they work. You can do your grumpy Dad thing of saying "Don't overfill the kettle, do you know how much electricity you're wasting you little shits" Etc. And no need to take meter readings, pay for what you actually use. But if it doesn't work prepare for a trip to Ballache Central. Doesn't work at all on the Coast apparently, they could have told me that in advance. 

• Jaysus... 1

I don't even have the hub thing in the house. Stupid cunt engineer didn't bring one with him. My main thing is I want it to not have to do meter readings and so I've got an accurate view of usage when I come to switch. 

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

I think there's a lot of benefits IF they work. You can do your grumpy Dad thing of saying "Don't overfill the kettle, do you know how much electricity you're wasting you little shits" Etc. And no need to take meter readings, pay for what you actually use. But if it doesn't work prepare for a trip to Ballache Central. Doesn't work at all on the Coast apparently, they could have told me that in advance. 

That’s the thing though isn’t it. What would’ve been an actual customer service department years ago is a sales department based on commission 

I’ve got a smart meter, it’s worked from day one for both gas and electric. No issues, no meter readings, more accurate bills.

So there

1 hour ago, strawb said:

I’ve got a smart meter, it’s worked from day one for both gas and electric. No issues, no meter readings, more accurate bills.

So there

Did the install really take an hour per fuel?

We've got smart meter installation booked in for the end of the month so obviously I'm delighted to hear it's gone wrong for so many people. :lol: Tbf the smart meters at our old place (same neighbourhood) worked well so hopefully at least the area itself isn't cursed like with Renton.

54 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

We've got smart meter installation booked in for the end of the month so obviously I'm delighted to hear it's gone wrong for so many people. :lol: Tbf the smart meters at our old place (same neighbourhood) worked well so hopefully at least the area itself isn't cursed like with Renton.

I think that’s a little bit rude. In fact he’s probably considered an asset to Tynemouth and its environs 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

What I find funny about Smart Meters is that they only run off mains power- not that fucking smart, then. 

Makes you think 

• Haha 3

Reflective. 

Stood by while various NHS teams rushed to the aid of a 30 something, gave chest compressions, oxygen and defrib for around 45 mins until critical care team arrived.  Eventually they stabilised her and whisked her away in the ambulance.  Standing there with nothing to do but recognise the fragility and value of life and absolute pointlessness of various daily bickering you read online.  When you consider that value, not sure how anyone can begrudge NHS staff improved pay and conditions.  

Yes its sat in my mind all day so far.  Just hope she pulls through.

Now that I've made the mood plummet, if someone can post something to pull the thread back up!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, JawD said:

Reflective. 

Stood by while various NHS teams rushed to the aid of a 30 something, gave chest compressions, oxygen and defrib for around 45 mins until critical care team arrived.  Eventually they stabilised her and whisked her away in the ambulance.  Standing there with nothing to do but recognise the fragility and value of life and absolute pointlessness of various daily bickering you read online.  When you consider that value, not sure how anyone can begrudge NHS staff improved pay and conditions.  

Yes its sat in my mind all day so far.  Just hope she pulls through.

Now that I've made the mood plummet, if someone can post something to pull the thread back up!

katy perry cleavage by Katy Perry GIF Party

• Haha 6

Some of you will know my brother had a brain haemorrhage 13 years ago, he has been semi vegetative since and susceptible to infections.

Well has had a chest infection that he couldn’t shift and now has sepsis and is on end of life care.

I’m weirdly zen about the whole thing, I’m sat next to him in hospital and he seems calm. Worried about how it will affect my mam though, especially since we lost my dad a couple of years ago. 

• Sad 9