What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Mate, I may only be an unemployed hospital porter, but you could have well cracked or chipped a bone in your ankle or foot. Soft tissue damage causes swelling but not usually to the extent you describe. Otoh, probably no treatment but PRICE anyway. Maybe invest in a moon boot. You'll get one free from the hospital or you can buy one for 50 quid, your choice. Oh, and ibuprofen the fuck out of it.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Protection. I've put a condom on my foot. 

Not one of yours, I assume. 

I've got diverticulitis again, last December I was stuck in hospital for a couple of nights on a drip but luckily this time I think I'm getting away with antibiotics at home which I'm obviously pleased about. Also have to do week of blood pressure as mine is high* and was apparently high last year. I have to wait until I'm feeling better first in case it's linked to not being well. I've ended up buying a BP unit for around £19 to save going on the GP's waiting list to borrow theirs. #GotObsessedAboutWokeCountryGotBroke #ToriesToried

*Good job they didn't take my blood pressure when VAR gets all big sixy with our off field 'reviews'. :lol:

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I've got diverticulitis again, last December I was stuck in hospital for a couple of nights on a drip but luckily this time I think I'm getting away with antibiotics at home which I'm obviously pleased about. Also have to do week of blood pressure as mine is high* and was apparently high last year. I have to wait until I'm feeling better first in case it's linked to not being well. I've ended up buying a BP unit for around £19 to save going on the GP's waiting list to borrow theirs. #GetObsessedAboutWokeCountryGotBroke #ToriesToried

*Good job they didn't take my blood pressure when VAR gets all big sixy with our off field 'reviews'. :lol:

By coincidence I've just had an invitation to partake in a bowel screening programme by the NHS. I've got (very, very mild) ulcerative colitis which increases your cancer risk so will be doing it.

Also got high BP. Well, more white coat hypertension, its okay when I'm relaxed at home but off the scale in the office. I think a BP device is a good investment though, as you just have to return a borrowed one and it will have been around loads of scratters arms. 

My cholesterol is shite too though so I'll probably be on a statin by the end of the year. I'm on a health drive but even if that lowers it, you can only reduce LDL-C by about 10 to 15% from lifestyle. Pop a statin and you get 40% reduction, could mean the difference between a heart attack and not. We're nearly all going to end up on them so I say start early to maximise the benefit. 

Oh, and then there's my gout. 

The joys of growing old. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Renton said:

By coincidence I've just had an invitation to partake in a bowel screening programme by the NHS. I've got (very, very mild) ulcerative colitis which increases your cancer risk so will be doing it.

Also got high BP. Well, more white coat hypertension, its okay when I'm relaxed at home but off the scale in the office. I think a BP device is a good investment though, as you just have to return a borrowed one and it will have been around loads of scratters arms. 

My cholesterol is shite too though so I'll probably be on a statin by the end of the year. I'm on a health drive but even if that lowers it, you can only reduce LDL-C by about 10 to 15% from lifestyle. Pop a statin and you get 40% reduction, could mean the difference between a heart attack and not. 

Oh, and then there's my gout. 

The joys of growing old. 

:good:

They said they could sort my diverticulitis with antibiotics, hopefully sort my blood pressure out but said the insanity might take some shifting if they were being totally fucking honest with me?

29 minutes ago, Renton said:

By coincidence I've just had an invitation to partake in a bowel screening programme by the NHS

Me too. 
I have that joyful experience to look forward to when I get home :lol:

26 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Me too. 
I have that joyful experience to look forward to when I get home :lol:

Ma Gloves GIF by MediaAttack

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, The Fish said:

Ma Gloves GIF by MediaAttack

It’s actually  more like doing a Covid test on your shite :lol:

Wipe a swab on a freshly laid cable, pop it in a sample pot and mail it back to the Shit Professors. 

What was the name of that absolute fucking charlatan who made a living out of poking people’s shite on TV? 

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s actually more doing a Covid test on your shite :lol:

Wipe a swab on a freshly laid cable, pop it in a sample pot and mail it back to the Shit Professors. 

What was the name of that absolute fucking charlatan who made a living out of poking people’s shite on TV? 

Gillian McKeith

Yeah, I'm disappointed in myself for knowing that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

"Doctor" Gillian McKeith. I bet she's an antivax nutcase now. 

She’s surely just a stretched out bit of canvas now like that wife on doctor who.

image.jpeg.e9eaff44a34c14ce645c7aa1cd3a536f.jpeg

“Don’t get the booster. It’ll give you cancer and it’ll burn my fingers when I’m jabbing your poo.”

Just now, Dazzler said:

She’s surely just a stretched out bit of canvas now like that wife on doctor who.

image.jpeg.e9eaff44a34c14ce645c7aa1cd3a536f.jpeg

“Don’t get the booster. It’ll give you cancer and it’ll burn my fingers when I’m jabbing your poo.”

Ironically- no balloon knot. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I don't recall ever seeking as much attention as this when me collar bone was shattered in to a million pieces.

just bravely got on with things to be honest.

Yes but that was out of shame for how it happened. 

running-away-viralhog.gif

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I don't recall ever seeking as much attention as this when me collar bone was shattered in to a million pieces.

just bravely got on with things to be honest.

As proven by this frankly pitiful cry for attention. 

I Dont Know What Youre Talking About Small Business Owner GIF by Aurora Consulting: Business, Insurance, Financing Experts

• Haha 5

No chance, I'm too much of an athlete for anything like that. Got some ibuprofen and a new ice pack thing after the top snapped off the old one yesterday. I'll be back running by the end of the week. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

"Doctor" Gillian McKeith. I bet she's an antivax nutcase now. 

She rose to somewhat dubious prominence again for being anti vax and anti lockdown during covid. Imagine taking medical advice off her and Right Said Fred ffs. As others have alluded to, her PhD is in some bollocks from an unaccredited US ‘university’ that does online courses without checking qualifications and where everyone passes. Some actual real medical doctor from the UK registered their dead cat and it got the same qualification. Just to highlight what a charlatan she is. She also used to have ambitions to be a Tory MP. She’ll 100% be Reform now though. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

She rose to somewhat dubious prominence again for being anti vax and anti lockdown during covid. Imagine taking medical advice off her and Right Said Fred ffs. As others have alluded to, her PhD is in some bollocks from an unaccredited US ‘university’ that does online courses without checking qualifications and where everyone passes. Some actual real medical doctor from the UK registered their dead cat and it got the same qualification. Just to highlight what a charlatan she is. She also used to have ambitions to be a Tory MP. She’ll 100% be Reform now though. 

Dr Gillian McKeith, or, to use her full name, Gillian McKeith.

An absolute disgusting crank who is one of the ones responsible for anyi-scientific conspiracy theory thinking. These embryonic fruitcakes fucked over the Western World and were allowed to by a complicit and gullible media. Now they are out of control and in the US are part of mainstream politics. 

I remember she reckoned she could diagnose anyone's holistic health by looking at their poo. Jonathon Ross obliged on his show. She writhed about, saying how she could tell by the stench alone Ross was not a well man. He then promptly took his battered faeces out the tupperware box and ate it live on stage. It was a mashed up mars bar. The silly bint wasn't having it though and accused him of switching it. 

For some reason I can't find the video on youtube now. Found this from another forum to prove to myself I'm not misremembering. Makes you think.

image.thumb.png.d5ae2024dfdc99bc4e0301561bc151e9.png

• Haha 5