What mood are you in and why?

catmag

11 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I wish :lol: 

They we’re like a really good wedding disco without kids.

Special Guests such as Gazza and Keegan and one year coincided with Sir Bobby living there.

All the more special as it was a Sunderland based company full of mackems :lol: 

Weddings should be a child-free zone. That's not an opinion, it's an edict from on high.

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I love how everyone bitching about their mental health gets a sympathetic ear and I get a “grow up, Gloom”.

Cunt :lol:

:lol:

The only mental health issue you have is that you refuse to accept your age.

One of the older blokes at our Christmas do has had videos of him dancing sent around on WhatsApp and people talking about how sweaty he was on Teams all the next day. This is almost certainly what the young people at your work are doing with you too. 

"Did you see old man Gloom doing the fucking worm?! He is TRAGIC!" 

"Someone was saying he turned up on his skateboard and there's a video going round of him trying to do ollies in the car park."

You've just got to go home as soon as the dessert plates are collected. 

• Haha 8

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

This is why I'm annoyed. Work Dos are generally awful. Only good ones I've ever been to were the ones at the Wine and Spirit research company I worked at in London. That's because a) I was younger, b) a lot of the staff were fit international women and c) as you'd expect the drinks were on point. 

The thought of going to a large conference hall, with a make shift bar set up on a table, small talk with the same people you barely put up with during the day, all while some sad sack DJ plays Wham and Mariah , too loudly all night... it leaves me cold. 

Well, yeah, that sound unbearably shite. Mine have always been in decent restaurants with 60 maximum, and no fucking music or dancing. 

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

One of the older blokes at our Christmas do has had videos of him dancing sent around on WhatsApp and people talking about how sweaty he was on Teams all the next day. This is almost certainly what the young people at your work are doing with you too. 

"Someone was saying he turned up on his skateboard and there's a video going round of him trying to do ollies in the car park."

That's going to wonders for his fear. 

Look Spying GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I haven’t grown up like a lot of people in their 40s. It’s true. That isn’t a mental health issue though. A personality disorder perhaps, depending on which shrink you’re talking to.

I’m sure plenty of people look at how I dress and act and think I should grow up. But those people can suck my balls. I’ve zero desire to stop living and I’ve still got enough friends of a smiler mindset to not give up on life altogether. If staying in all the time floats your boat, fair play - but it’s not for me. I’m an extrovert and I need to be out and about around people. 

I saw someone post on Twitter recently that this is how Hollywood thought 43 year olds dressed in the 90s   

image.thumb.jpeg.08b0ce956d4140d59f40c73a0c6e1734.jpeg

FUCK THAT SHIT

As for dance moves, I never mastered the worm, regrettably. But if I had you can trust me I’d have been busting it out on the Christmas do dance floor dance-off.

Dancing is cathartic and I fully endorse this guardian puff piece.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/dec/22/im-an-older-man-and-i-love-to-dance-whats-wrong-with-that?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

(Definitely not a slow news week at Gruaniad towers)

I don’t think I suffer from anxiety or depression more than the next person but it’s definitely there. It started during covid and tends to rear its ugly head when I’ve been burning the candle too hard at both ends, which is why I brought it up.

So you can pull up your own socks to cover your knocked knees. Mine are staying rolled down to show off python-like calves that would turn Jack Graelish’s head. 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I haven’t grown up like a lot of people in their 40s. It’s true. That isn’t a mental health issue though. A personality disorder perhaps, depending on which shrink you’re talking to.

I’m sure plenty of people look at how I dress and act and think I should grow up. But those people can suck my balls. I’ve zero desire to stop living and I’ve still got enough friends of a smiler mindset to not give up on life altogether. If staying in all the time floats your boat, fair play - but it’s not for me. I’m an extrovert and I need to be out and about around people. 

I saw someone post on Twitter recently that this is how Hollywood thought 43 year olds dressed in the 90s   

image.thumb.jpeg.08b0ce956d4140d59f40c73a0c6e1734.jpeg

FUCK THAT SHIT

As for dance moves, I never mastered the worm, regrettably. But if I had you can trust me I’d have been busting it out on the Christmas do dance floor dance-off.

Dancing is cathartic and I fully endorse this guardian puff piece.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/dec/22/im-an-older-man-and-i-love-to-dance-whats-wrong-with-that?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

(Definitely not a slow news week at Gruaniad towers)

I don’t think I suffer from anxiety or depression more than the next person but it’s definitely there. It started during covid and tends to rear its ugly head when I’ve been burning the candle too hard at both ends, which is why I brought it up.

So you can pull up your own socks to cover your knocked knees. Mine are staying rolled down to show off python-like calves that would turn Jack Graelish’s head. 

Wait til you wake up tomorrow morning and remember typing this. 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Gloomy, have you tried learning how to hold your drink?

I have the opposite problem. I can drink all night and am not very good at knowing when to slow down, or when the party is over, once I’ve got the bit between my teeth. I get the fear the next day when my memory of the previous evening is patchy. 

4590867D-ECA7-4914-8C99-BEE2316CD5F2.thumb.jpeg.4a5880c91f6965578e711852edf2e78b.jpeg

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

In other words, fuck it :) 

• Haha 1