What mood are you in and why?

catmag

I think CT should go the whole hog and install a zip line from an upstairs bedroom to the bottom of the garden. The metal detector will make an attractive and useful seat for the kids to slide down on.

There's a class Yank TV show which is basically Vanilla Ice does Homes under the Hammer. He does just that :lol:

Cheers Gents,

The work starts on thursday night with a wee jaunt to Edinburgh to fix some motion sensors.

Been told we'll be doing similar on the Tyne Bridge in early 2016, I'll let you know when its happening so you can all come and take pics of my arse ;)

I missed this yesterday but congrats - sounds like you fully deserve it.

Really hope it goes well. Definitely splash out on something to celebrate!

There's a class Yank TV show which is basically Vanilla Ice does Homes under the Hammer. He does just that :lol:

You'd think they'd have gotten MC Hammer like.

They could get you on as a semi regular guest, you fucking spanner.

;)

:lol:

Been invited to the launch of a commercial partnership between Glen's Platinum Vodka with Brian McFadden Glen's (the exciting vodka) & Brian Mcfadden.

I hate that I can't make it as I'm 100% sure this will be hilariously bad.

Edited by The Fish

Classic Dave, dark grey text on a black background. Ban this idiot.

Your fault for having a dark theme you big Matrix hacker wannabe.

That's fuck all, Gemmill sent me a PM asking if I thought his ken Dodd tribute act had legs and asked me to put a good word in with the fish so he could be top of the bill in fish's comedy club.*

*After the English tapas have been served, that goes without saying.

• 2 weeks later...

I am feeling meh.

Lad who I know who rides the local trails as I do, his wife passed away after battling lung cancer for a year. She was as fit as a butchers dog,didnt smoke so when they found out she had it, it was a shock. Not once did she complain though, she got on with it and battled it.

Its a double smash in the face for him, as his gran passed away yesterday too so double blow on the same down. Albeit she was 98, but yeh, meh :(

#fuckcancer

I am feeling meh.

Lad who I know who rides the local trails as I do, his wife passed away after battling lung cancer for a year. She was as fit as a butchers dog,didnt smoke so when they found out she had it, it was a shock. Not once did she complain though, she got on with it and battled it.

Its a double smash in the face for him, as his gran passed away yesterday too so double blow on the same down. Albeit she was 98, but yeh, meh :(

#fuckcancer

That's so sad about his wife - poor bugger. And it doesn't matter what age someone gets to - it's still heartbreaking for the family. My grandparents are 89 and 90 and totally independent with no medical problems (I think Grandma might have eye drops) They live in a 3-bed semi with the steepest stairs I've ever climbed and they've just been to my auntie's house in Spain for a week. Yet I know at some point, probably fairly soon, they won't be here anymore and the phrase "But they had a good innings" will be little comfort.

We had to operate on a patient in his 30's recently at work who had a brain aneurysm and was "brain dead" on intensive care. We retrieved some of his organs for transplant into patients who were desperately waiting around the country. Retrievals are always a wake-up call to me - reminding me to complain less and appreciate more. And if anyone is humming and hahh'ing when the time comes - can someone give the docs a nudge and tell them I'm happy for them to have whatever they need!

An old pal of mine from school died from one of them. Totally out of the blue, poor kid.

I was feeling quite jolly after a nice weekend, culminating in the match yesterday.

• 3 weeks later...

Ended up in A&E at 4am (in the middle of my shift) with a trapped nerve in my back. Never felt pain like it. Now spaced out on diazepam and codeine which hasn't stopped the pain but I just don't care anymore, which is almost as good.