What mood are you in and why?

catmag

@@Monkeys Fist

Fist I have a rope question. :)

I want to set up a tyre or monkey swing in the garden for the bairn. None of the trees have large supporting branches but I do have two trees close together. Is it possible to tie a bridging rope between the trees and suspend a rope swing from that.

If so, any idea on the quality of rope needed for the bridge and would it be better tied taught or slack.

You may have no idea but given you are the rope King and your passes experiences behind enemy lines, I'm hoping you do. :lol:

Happy as a pig in shite.

Been largely absent from here for a while, mainly because I've been grafting my bollocks off and also preparing for a biiig meeting with the directors of a large firm from darn sarf to iron out the details of my business running their northern office, mainly doing bridge inspections for the railway network- fucking huge amounts of work, covering Yorkshire northwards, including all of Scotland.

Just back from meeting them at the Crowne Plaza in town, it went even better than expected, and I'll be ordering my Aston Martin next week :lol:

:gettin:

Sweet mate.

Cheers Gents,

The work starts on thursday night with a wee jaunt to Edinburgh to fix some motion sensors.

Been told we'll be doing similar on the Tyne Bridge in early 2016, I'll let you know when its happening so you can all come and take pics of my arse ;)

@@Monkeys Fist

Fist I have a rope question. :)

I want to set up a tyre or monkey swing in the garden for the bairn. None of the trees have large supporting branches but I do have two trees close together. Is it possible to tie a bridging rope between the trees and suspend a rope swing from that.

If so, any idea on the quality of rope needed for the bridge and would it be better tied taught or slack.

You may have no idea but given you are the rope King and your passes experiences behind enemy lines, I'm hoping you do. :lol:

Yes.

It's entirely possible to do it this way.

But since it's you doing it, NO, I wouldn't recommend it :lol:

I think CT should go the whole hog and install a zip line from an upstairs bedroom to the bottom of the garden. The metal detector will make an attractive and useful seat for the kids to slide down on.

Cheers Gents,

The work starts on thursday night with a wee jaunt to Edinburgh to fix some motion sensors.

Been told we'll be doing similar on the Tyne Bridge in early 2016, I'll let you know when its happening so you can all come and take pics of my arse ;)

:sweat:

Oh and congrats. :)

I think CT should go the whole hog and install a zip line from an upstairs bedroom to the bottom of the garden. The metal detector will make an attractive and useful seat for the kids to slide down on.

:lol:

So long as Tubs doesn't have a go, he'll tear the house down

:lol: