What mood are you in and why?

catmag

God I hate renting. (Don't start - I know I could move out of London, but we're not ready yet. :lol:)

Anyway, the landlords visited a couple of months ago - they're a lovely retired couple who've moved down to Devon and kept their place in the big bad city to rent out while they're paying off their mortgage. We had a nice chat and a cup of tea, and agreed that when the lease is up in mid-December, we'll extend for a whole 24 months - we're happy, they're happy, and it means not having to get the letting agency involved any more than is necessary. We've chatted to them on the phone a couple of times since, and yesterday the agency called up to arrange a pre-renewal inspection of the property for a week on Monday, all as it should be.

Then this morning I get this e-mail, from a "Team Leader" at the agency (the grammar is all his):

"Dear ...

Your tenancy is due to expire on the 15/12/2013 can you let me know if you are wishing to renew your contract

The landlord is keen to get this done, if the tenancy is not renewed your landlord will be in a position to serve notice for you to vacate or increase the rent via a section 13 notice

Look forward to hearing from you

Kind regards"

:pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair:

Now I know it's just a generic mail from someone who's had a "one month till renewal!" message pop up in his scheduler and who obviously hasn't been informed that the renewal process is already underway - the agency in question is particularly legendary for one hand not knowing what the other is doing - but the wording, the threats and, frankly, the crapness of it all really annoy me. I'm trying very hard not to reply with a serious dose of sarcasm simply because I know it'll be taken literally. :lol: But if this is the calibre of their Team Leaders... gaaaargh.

One out of two ain't bad. ;) Although I presume there was nowt stopping you from coming straight back again...

My mam is the queen of the complaint letter. She's got time and she'll let nowt go. My logic is I could be earning money in the time it takes me to craft a suitably biting comeback, but maybe it's better for the soul to do the latter.

Anyway, I bit my tongue and replied civilly. The fella pleaded ignorance and still doesn't know how to use full stops

I just got £917 compensation from Virgin Holidays after a complaint letter, beat that ;)

Was that following the money saving expert advice on flight delays?

We were on the tarmac for 90 minutes with no air conditioning on a BA flight. Been meaning to see what I can get but haven't bothered my arse.

I'm a godfather :D

in Dublin this weekend, heading down on sunday for Queens of the Stoneage.

Off friday, mon and tuesday also to burn some of my leave off before the end of the year, still got 23 days left to use.

Training yesterday, 8aside at lunch today then gym tonight... and got an email from the manager for an extra training session tomorrow before our cup game this weekend :anguish: fecking busted

Wow, how much leave do you get in total?

One out of two ain't bad. ;) Although I presume there was nowt stopping you from coming straight back again...

My mam is the queen of the complaint letter. She's got time and she'll let nowt go. My logic is I could be earning money in the time it takes me to craft a suitably biting comeback, but maybe it's better for the soul to do the latter.

Anyway, I bit my tongue and replied civilly. The fella pleaded ignorance and still doesn't know how to use full stops

Want me to write it?

Nar, I want to still have a place to live.

Meanwhile, I'm feeling hungover even before hitting the drink tonight to commiserate my clock ticking over to 35 tomorrow. Polish vodka bar. It's the only way.

Nar, I want to still have a place to live.

Meanwhile, I'm feeling hungover even before hitting the drink tonight to commiserate my clock ticking over to 35 tomorrow. Polish vodka bar. It's the only way.

Are you getting the bus for nothing with your senior citizens card, after your pensioners portion of fish and chips, that you eat at 1600?

You're old, is what I'm saying.

Any time, baby. :naughty:

(Place opens at 6pm, Sam and I will be propping up the bar from approximately 6:01pm until closing. It's all on Facebook dahling)

That's in an entirely different tab, I haven't that amount of time to check these things.

I'll aim to be there not long after 1800 then

Good. My sister got married at the Baltic yesterday. Hands down the best wedding I've ever been to. Spectacular having your whole family eating on the top floor whilst the sun goes down behind the city and Tyne

AA199E77-D796-45BE-89C1-C2A26EC4539D-747

View from the evening do wasn't bad either

70CD1873-801C-423A-B9BE-C9D1C9898108-747