What mood are you in and why?

catmag

I still don't want to be a translator but I've been one for nearly 12 years. Might think about getting a carer one of these days. :D

:aye:

because you're old

There's plenty of money to be made down the docks doing favours for sailors fish.

Allegedly.

A weekend in the port city of Hamburg really has changed you, hasn't it? :o

Very conflicting moods atm. On one hand I'm just arranging a weeks holiday in June to southern Spain with the bairn - the first holiday abroad in 5 years and the first for the little one, tempered by the news that a friend in Manchester has passed away - she's the same age as me and had cancer. Currently juggling everything to be able to attend the funeral on Monday which will be frankly heartbreaking.

Aye. Cancer is a cunt, and I think that's one use of the word we can all agree on.

That and people who faff with their luggage at the end of an escalator instead of getting out of the way.

Aye. Cancer is a cunt, and I think that's one use of the word we can all agree on.

I've found myself quite moved by those recent adverts which use the "its time for cancer to be scared" theme - nonsense in one way but at a primal level it really gets me - I'm waiting for the extreme one that uses the c word.

I'm suffering with man flu at the moment but found out yesterday that my new car will be ready next Tuesday for me to pick up so obviously excited for that.

Very sad news about your friend, Cath.

I don't like those adverts. I can see what they're trying to do in making cancer a target for 3 minute hate-style vitriol, but ultimately it's a bit cringing. Would much prefer to see how progress is being made in the development of treatments. Maybe a quick 30 second infographic from Happy Face would do.

JLS are splitting up :o:(

But only after a sell out farewell tour and a greatest hits album. To be shortly followed by their reunion tour and Greatest Hits: Platinum Edition next year.