What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Ah that reminds me MF - I bumped into Egyptian Eddie in the pets aisle in Wilko's today. Wincing, he said to pass on "his rash had cleared up and he is still on for the shoot" but was wanting to know "if he should bring his goat again"

Said for you to give him a call .

Tell Eddie that he and Delilah are surplus to requirements.

The client now wants Jap Scat Horse pics.

Desperately sad; our 16 year old cat has been diagnosed with an inoperable tumour.

He will be leaving us tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that. I can't even bear the thought of one day having to do something like this for our cats (although I know it's inevitable), so I feel for you.

Bet its had a mint life though, which is all you can hope for.

Drove past an old dear lying on the pavement round the corner, someone else saw too and stopped as well, got an ambulance and think she's ok but all she was bothered about was missing her appointment at the Hairdressers!

Thanks for the kind words about the cat. He has less than 12 hours left; he's dozing softly in my partner's arms. It's almost as if he knows it's time, as he buries his head gently in the crook of her arm.

He's eaten nothing for a few days, no longer washes & can only take sips of water every so often. It's absolutely heartbreaking to see a cat that had lived so long (born the day we beat West Ham 3-0 in March 96 when the late Les Sealey had a stormer) just ebbing away.

i have no doubt it is the right thing we're doing; the vet is calling tomorrow after morning surgery, then we'll have him cremated & have his ashes returned in a small casket.

The fact is, this just makes me think of my dad's death 3 years ago; if only we'd been able to give him an injection when the prognosis was outlined rather than the dreadful pain of his last 2 months.

This may only be the passing of a pet (a beloved, adored one admittedly), but my goodness it gives you a sense of maudlin perspective.

Anger is so fruitless an emotion; hatred so pointless and so destructive.

Be good to your loved ones, human or otherwise.

I am thinking of you all.

Once, only once, I had this dream that I owned a cat. The cat had somehow managed to get stabbed or cut open in the stomach. The poor cat was lying and dying. All I could do was to cuddle it and tell it I loved it. Dreams are mental and in the middle of the dream the cat was basically a representation of my oldest daughter. I was going through a difficult time with her Mother at the time. So vivid was this dream that I actually awoke and cried like a bairn. It was a one off and to this day is by far and away the worst dream I've ever had. Awful.

This isn't an attempt to belittle Mr Cusack's cat or his feelings but as I'm drunk it reminded me of this worst dream ever. I feel for you, 'Gene'. :(

Once, only once, I had this dream that I owned a cat. The cat had somehow managed to get stabbed or cut open in the stomach. The poor cat was lying and dying. All I could do was to cuddle it and tell it I loved it. Dreams are mental and in the middle of the dream the cat was basically a representation of my oldest daughter. I was going through a difficult time with her Mother at the time. So vivid was this dream that I actually awoke and cried like a bairn. It was a one off and to this day is by far and away the worst dream I've ever had. Awful.

This isn't an attempt to belittle Mr Cusack's cat or his feelings but as I'm drunk it reminded me of this worst dream ever. I feel for you, 'Gene'. :(

no problem at all; a fascinating & heartfelt post.

in return, i'll tell you the happiest dream i ever had.

a friday night in november 2010; the only dream i've had about my dad, 15 months after his death.

he & my mam always said they'd love to visit New England in autumn, to see the colours of the leaves (apparently "the fall" is beautiful there) changing daily.

in my dream, i was outside a white, wooden, clapboard house (real US 19th century style), which had a manicured lawn, mature trees etc

my dad came round the side of the house smiling & told me how happy he was there & how glad he was to see me, but that i had to go back to look after everyone.

i woke early on a miserable, rainy Saturday morning, but felt euphoric as this dream told me he was at peace & i could let him go.

i am an atheist of course.

I was heartbroken when my first two cats died, they were about 13 and 15. The most gut-wrenching thing seeing them taken away at the vets and knowing you won't see them again. They can be truly wonderful companions. Very sad time for you GC, at least you'll have all those memories of the furry fella to think back fondly upon.

no problem at all; a fascinating & heartfelt post.

in return, i'll tell you the happiest dream i ever had.

a friday night in november 2010; the only dream i've had about my dad, 15 months after his death.

he & my mam always said they'd love to visit New England in autumn, to see the colours of the leaves (apparently "the fall" is beautiful there) changing daily.

in my dream, i was outside a white, wooden, clapboard house (real US 19th century style), which had a manicured lawn, mature trees etc

my dad came round the side of the house smiling & told me how happy he was there & how glad he was to see me, but that i had to go back to look after everyone.

i woke early on a miserable, rainy Saturday morning, but felt euphoric as this dream told me he was at peace & i could let him go.

i am an atheist of course.

Well that's a far better dream than mine was!

And also good to read. :)

Nervous.

Been at graft since 6am, finish at 2pm, have to be at a wedding by 3pm.

If I'm late, I miss the meal, which means I'll be a stumbling mess later as there are one or two lads going who I've not seen in ages and together we are booze whores.

:drinks: :drinks: :drinks::puke:

Cannot drink cold tea and getting his excuses in early ffs.

;)

(enjoy your day!) :)

:razz:

Wouldn't touch Tetleys with yours.

If I come on here later posting in fluent Burble-ese, you'll know I've been on the Rum. ;)

At work in a sauna of an office - you have to pay for AC at weekends.

On the good side what was a two day plan will probably get done today by the looks of things.

Night number 4 finished! Missed all of the gold medals last night which has pissed me off tremendously. Now, to McDonalds, or not to McDonalds on the way home - that is the question....

Night number 4 finished! Missed all of the gold medals last night which has pissed me off tremendously. Now, to McDonalds, or not to McDonalds on the way home - that is the question....

I saw them all and slept for five hours :P

I've always had Golfs and an earlier one I had I'd clawed back to 'original' from having been modded a bit by the previous boy racer owner.

He'd put some leur preufile tyres on some canny dubious alloys and it worked out cheaper to buy a set of original alloys (albeit off ebay)and put a new set of 'normal' tyres on them than replace just the low profile fellas .