The Cycling Thread

Geordieracer

Glad to see you've all enjoyed the tour and in Gemmils case got out there on a new bike. Sorry to hear about your wrist/ hand Wyki. good FTP btw.

Looks like i need to come up there and do some of your hills sometime soon. Gemmil, rather than hitting that segment cold, get your self going for a bout 20 minutes at tempo first, then smash it. stay low as you can, aero helps beleive me.

anyone fancy organising a toontastic hill climb challenge?

Sounds canny a hill climb challenge!

As for Walsh and Team sky, fuck me, what a pleb that bloke is. On the pay roll for definite. Well he is, he works for the Times. But the way he says he isnt too sure about Nibali, yet his numbers say different to what Froome has done. Fucking gimp of the highest order.

What would that be, just feet climbed or something? Fuck knows where the big hills are around here, but I'll join a challenge. Get it set up today so I get credit for tomorrow's 50 miler!

Cob, I've chinned that segment now, but I could definitely do better after 20 minutes. Didn't realise how much of a different being warmed up makes!

Fuck that, but I am gonna download the gpx of the short route and either do the lot or chop it into a smaller ride. It's a canny bit of climbing though so want some escape routes in case it's too nails.

Just changed my first chain for a new one. Not convinced I got it to the same length as the old one. :lol:

I've bought a new tyre for mine after yesterday's disaster. :lol:

The original ones were 700 x 26c but that seems to be quite an unusual size so went for a 25c.

Fuck that, but I am gonna download the gpx of the short route and either do the lot or chop it into a smaller ride. It's a canny bit of climbing though so want some escape routes in case it's too nails.

Just changed my first chain for a new one. Not convinced I got it to the same length as the old one. :lol:

Please tell me you didnt measure it side by side :lol:

Did you use a chain wear indicator? If not you may have to buy a new cassette too.

Yes to both! :lol: How do you know without measuring them? :lol:

Re the wear indicator, it wasn't quite worn down to the point where the 0.75 end would go all the way through, which I'm led to believe means change it now to avoid having to change the cassette. Is that right?

Yes to both! :lol: How do you know without measuring them? :lol:

Re the wear indicator, it wasn't quite worn down to the point where the 0.75 end would go all the way through, which I'm led to believe means change it now to avoid having to change the cassette. Is that right?

Thats right re the 0.75.

To do chain length, I do the following

• Shift my front mech over largest chain ring and the rear mech onto smallest.
  • Now thread the chain through the front mech and then wrap it around the largest cog at the rear (dont thread it through the rear mech)
  • Pull the chain tight and make note of the closest rivet where the two could be joined. (remeber only join by mating inner & outer plates!)
  • From that rivet, add another two links cut the chain and then thread through properly

I thought it was only just on at the pictures! Didn't realise it was available to buy yet..

Its weird how they have gone about it. Released it here and there at certain pictures and then half way through, put it on general sale!.

If you're gears arent missing any changes etc I wouldnt worry too much :) At least you had a go!

Aye I think it's the right length and the gears are working fine. It was on my mountain bike, which I'm not riding that much at the minute anyway! Having re-read what you said it does actually sound easier doing it that way.

Had 2 cunts riding side by side in the middle of a 40mph zone in front of me today. I hung behind them for a while and they didn't even bother falling in line. People like that deserve knocking over

The Highway code states that when overtaking a bike or motorbike you're supposed to imagine it to be the same width as a car to determine whether it's safe. Therefore single or double file is irrelevant.

Had 2 cunts riding side by side in the middle of a 40mph zone in front of me today. I hung behind them for a while and they didn't even bother falling in line. People like that deserve knocking over

:lol:

If there is little room to overtake then, out of courtesy, they should drop back. However, they are not obliged to.

The amount of motorbikes that screech passed me on country lanes, well, enough of them get killed so I wouldnt wish any more dead or injured.

Problem with this country, ever cunt is in a hurry and has zero patience.

Yeah they were quality weren't they. Kind of wish Pooley had won the lass's one but fair play to Armitstead.

I wanted Pooley to win too, she is a great rider.

Have you ever heard of Sufferfest? One of my fave workouts is Hell Hath No Fury. Constantly battered by chasing her down in breaks lol. She is a hard bastard on the bike.