Favourite Pubs

Park Life

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know any decent pubs this side of the Tyne.

Im wanting one that ideally sells stuff like Erdinger etc.

Really pisses me off that all the local holes just offer the same shit of Fosters or Calling or John Smiths or Guiness.

Not fussed on real ales either.

Really pisses me off that all the local holes just offer the same shit of Fosters or Calling or John Smiths or Guiness.

As an avid drinker of Erdinger and other continental wheat beers you simply cannot go wrong at The Cluny. Have some incredible drinks in there. My favourite being this:

delirium-tremens-21351978.jpg

8.5% belgian beer. It is the definitive 'summer drink' pour moi. Also, if you have around 7/8 of them, you experience the sensation of being incredibly cunted.

Edited by ADP

As an avid drinker of Erdinger and other continental wheat beers you simply cannot go wrong at The Cluny. Have some incredible drinks in there. My favourite being this:

8.5% belgian beer. It is the definitive 'summer drink' pour moi. Also, if you have around 7 of them, you experience the sensation of being incredibly cunted.

Cheers, but wrong side of the Tyne. Ideally looking for somewhere within South Tyneside.

8.5% belgian beer. It is the definitive 'summer drink' pour moi. Also, if you have around 7 of them, you experience the sensation of being incredibly cunted.

Cheers, but wrong side of the Tyne. Ideally looking for somewhere within South Tyneside.

you tried the recently refurbished The Central bar? Owned by same parent company as The Cluny (Head of Steam)

CT just get yourself to Tesco and buy a load of bottles of Erdinger. Then you can enjoy them from the comfort of your own home, and don't need to mix with the general public.

Aren't there some decent pubs next to the ferry landing in S.Shields?

What he said

CT just get yourself to Tesco and buy a load of bottles of Erdinger. Then you can enjoy them from the comfort of your own home, and don't need to mix with the general public.

:lol: Just leaving for Morrisons as it happens.

I have the same appeal for the general public as House. :lol:

lots of good pubs, but will this do for you instead ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-100-Sports-Direct-Beer-Mats-Beer-Coasters-Pub-Bar-Home-Bar-/260903492361#ht_500wt_715

CT, this is a canny pub. Lots of kids on a sunday afternoon if you can put up with that, but its good all the same.

http://www.keelmanslodge.co.uk/

Aye the keelmans canny, good scran too and its right next to the newburn to wylam cycle track. CT make sure you get yourself into the Boathouse also, just along the road!

The Steam Boat in Shields is canny.

CT, this is a canny pub. Lots of kids on a sunday afternoon if you can put up with that, but its good all the same.

Aye the keelmans canny, good scran too and its right next to the newburn to wylam cycle track. CT make sure you get yourself into the Boathouse also, just along the road!

If thats the one in Wylam I went there last year on Stevies recommendation.

Canny enough pub.

Ended up at The Maltings, best range of beer you'll find in shields. Then headed to the riverside and made the mistake of going in The Waterside which is dying a death.

Next headed to the Harbour lights which is a canny location but £11.00 for fish and chips is taking the piss.

Then bullied everyone back in the car and headed for the Strawberry for burger and chips. Going through Gateshead I was out voted and we ended up at the Broad Chare on the Quayside for drinks and scotch eggs etc.

Overall, decent night.

Keelman is great on a sunny day.

Ended up at The Maltings, best range of beer you'll find in shields. Then headed to the riverside and made the mistake of going in The Waterside which is dying a death.

Next headed to the Harbour lights which is a canny location but £11.00 for fish and chips is taking the piss.

Then bullied everyone back in the car and headed for the Strawberry for burger and chips. Going through Gateshead I was out voted and we ended up at the Broad Chare on the Quayside for drinks and scotch eggs etc.

Overall, decent night.

Did you have both?

Overall, decent night.

Did you have both?

Alas no :lol: ended up with Scotch eggs at the broad chare and some other bar nibblies called Lamb Scrumpets which were also very nice.

That Keelman places looks canny though as has been said probably a sunny day makes it.

Overall, decent night.

where do you live CT ?

If thats the one in Wylam I went there last year on Stevies recommendation.

Canny enough pub.

Think he means the Boathoose in Newburn. I'm alright because I know a lot of people there, but outsiders are made to feel pretty unwelcome. Full of divvies snorting toot in the bogs on a Sunday afternoon, that's nee exaggeration.

I tell you one I went to loads last summer, been once this year, it's not really one to go with your mates, more to take the lass from some scran. The Welly, absolute bliss eating your dinner there on a sunny afternoon. Food is a bit pricey 10a for Lasagne and Chips, but it's absolutely amazing. Belta Sunday dinners too. Bit of a hike for you like Riding Mill.

986955.jpg

Think he means the Boathoose in Newburn. I'm alright because I know a lot of people there, but outsiders are made to feel pretty unwelcome. Full of divvies snorting toot in the bogs on a Sunday afternoon, that's nee exaggeration.

I tell you one I went to loads last summer, been once this year, it's not really one to go with your mates, more to take the lass from some scran. The Welly, absolute bliss eating your dinner there on a sunny afternoon. Food is a bit pricey 10a for Lasagne and Chips, but it's absolutely amazing. Belta Sunday dinners too. Bit of a hike for you like Riding Mill.

986955.jpg

I'll keep that one in mind as I get up that way a bit more often when the weathers nice. Have quite a few trips to the Garden Nursery over the road from the Boathouse and also love a good nice summers day at Planky mill so I guess that would be ideal for there.

Morrisons isn't classy enough to stock it, would be my guess. Try Blue Moon as an alternative if they have that. Or Paulaner.

So the search for Erdinger was long and hard. :lol:

A fe sell the light version but the dark stuff was a tad harder to find

Morrisons, Asda, Sainsburys, Marksy all fell by the wayside but Tesco came to the rescue!

They also sold an alcohol free version.

On a separate note, what happened to all the "draught lagers" you used to be able to buy. The stuff with widgets in. Nobody seems to stock it these days. :(