Club statement

Gejon

I think it's near guaranteed that a couple of our best players will have to leave so Hughton can spend a bit.

Wouldn't surprise me if Ashley pocketed the money from that too though.

He doesn't have the best interests of the club at heart, only his own.

I feel like ignoring the club as best as I can again during the summer, and I'm thankful that there's a World Cup to aid in that.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone commented on the fact that we seem to be constantly at the beginning of a '5 year plan' where Ashley / Llambias are concerned?

They need pressing on what's happened to the previous one - has it simply been dumped? And what's to say this one won't go the same way when the wind changes again?

They're like a fat lass on a diet.

I think it's near guaranteed that a couple of our best players will have to leave so Hughton can spend a bit.

What's the point in that?

I'd rather keep the tight knit squad we have than trade like for like and risk upseting the apple cart.

....Taylor's obviously not that integral to that team spirit like :(

Edited by Happy Face

Guest alex
Has anyone commented on the fact that we seem to be constantly at the beginning of a '5 year plan' where Ashley / Llambias are concerned?

They need pressing on what's happened to the previous one - has it simply been dumped? And what's to say this one won't go the same way when the wind changes again?

Cunts the pair of them!

Stalin-tastic

A statement on the statement:

NUFC Statement

In relation to recent media speculation following the statement made by the Club on May 9, Newcastle United would like to make it clear that owner Mike Ashley is not looking for his interest free loan to be repaid, or to take any money out of the Club.

May 11, 2010

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100511/nu...2240137_2049785

This is exactly what I said would happen, the club is back up for sale but this time is going to be alittle more hush hush

I suppose he believes a debt free club will be more likely to return him a sum close to that which he paid...

A statement on the statement:

NUFC Statement

In relation to recent media speculation following the statement made by the Club on May 9, Newcastle United would like to make it clear that owner Mike Ashley is not looking for his interest free loan to be repaid, or to take any money out of the Club.

May 11, 2010

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100511/nu...2240137_2049785

lol fuck me it gets more hilarious by the day.

:(

Ashley may think that Hughton wouldn't spend his money well anyway so what's the point in tossing it away?

Not unreasonable really, as I'm not sure he could attract anything better than we already have.

Ashley may think that Hughton wouldn't spend his money well anyway so what's the point in tossing it away?

Not unreasonable really, as I'm not sure he could attract anything better than we already have.

He did in January.

If he beleives that then he should be replacing him. It would make no sense at all to tie his hands behind his back and make the job more difficult for him.

The club will able to attract players without much problem if make moves for them. But shite like this will definitely turn players (our own included) off.

At least this one was brief and to the point without any double speak.

I wonder what the next statement will be.

I'll take a stab...

NUFC Statement

In relation to the last statement relating to the recent media speculation following the statement made by the Club on May 9, Newcastle United would like to put it on official record that owner Mike Ashley is unlikely to release further capital for expansion of the existing playing roster. That roster will form the basis of the team for next season in the Premier League.

Overlooking the fact that the term basis indicates that there will be changes to the squad, we can categorically confirm that it should be made clear as to whether or not any funds have already been released to the manager for modifications to the forementioned squad. As we shall from this point on be conducting business with the utmost levels of credibility, viability and sustainability we can explicity state that we will not be making any statements upon the status of potential players in either a buying or selling capacity, except that which is conducted under the most strict of confidentiality clauses in keeping with the undertaking to release no further capital.

Despite years of misuse of our academy and a distinct lack of players coming through to the first team from it, we believe that by putting it on record as to how talented and dedicated our academy is, we'll be able to promote from within in order to strengthen the squad that will form the basis for next season in the Premier League. Over the past few seasons, as part of our previous five year plan we have scoured the World and assembled an academy packed with Geordie talent befitting the Geordie nation. Further to our charter to maintain credibility we are setting realistic and sustainable targets for the success of our academy. That target is to be one of the best, if not the best academy in the United Kingdom.

Apparently the locals are quite into football, so we believe that every great Geordie footballer should be given the opportunity to play for his home team club. This is why we are openly granting the opportunity to all great Geordie players to report to the training academy for duty. As a clear statement to lend credibility to these comments we will be undertaking every avenue to bring Michael Carrick back to his home town, as we feel he deserves the opportunity to play for his home team club. Of course, we must also make these undertakings by maintaining our stance regarding the release of no further capital, though we don't feel that this will present any obstacle.

There will be no further comments from any member of Newcastle United's Board in the future regarding any issues surrounding Newcastle United to the press/media at large, except in the case where we need to explain any of our previous statements, including this one, the one released on May 11, or the original solitary statement from May 9.

The biggest threat to Ashley’s plans to get his money back is the supporters. If we ever say ‘fuck you’ en masse and stop handing over our money he’s up shit creek. The disinformation creates enough division within the ranks to stop us ever calling his bluff.

rabbitgun1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

3pm at St. James', response to MA, empty stdaium with banner left behind :(

Edited by timnufc

Please tell me those daft sods at N-O aren't still defending that useless fat cunt?

As for all those 'so-called' pundits on BBC, Sky Sports etc. who said they didn't know why were were still moaning and should get behind Ashley....

Really?

From N-O

Bottled Dog

Good positive statement.

Let the manager and players deal with getting results on the pitch, invest in the academy, and see the club stabilised and ready to move forward within a reasonable time frame.

Ian W

Reading the whole statement again after a few hours calming down, it doesn't seem that bad.

Yes, it's badly written and says some stuff they should have kept quiet, but the key points about bringing through young players and not spending beyond our means are things a lot of people have been looking for.

Static 87

it was a bizarre statement.. aiming to clear everything up and in the end, has made very little clearer..

i don;t think theres anything in it to worry about though

oops :(

*just seen HF's post above, hey-ho <_<

is there any clamour for that bloke NE5 to get back :(

Given that the plan is to slowly reduce the losses over 5 years, we plan to lose £28m next season, then £22m, then 16m etc.

Im not sure how this whole thing works?

If the plan is, as has been intimated, to reduce the losses year on year and break even in 5 years then how are people thinking we will be debt free?

Seeing as we were £111m in debt to Ashley plus a £20m overdraft at the end of the 08/09 season and we allegedly lost £32.5m in 09/10 then that would put us currently £162.5m in debt.

If the plan is to reduce the losses to £28m this coming season then we'll be £200m in the red. At the end of year 2 it'll be £222m, year 3 will be £238m and 4 about £245m, so by the time we break even we'll be sitting on a debt of around £250m. How is that financially stable?

We'll not be debt free, we'll have bigger debts than those that took Portsmouth out however we could well be a league or two down on their position at the time.

See, you are assuming there is a plan. Why would you even think that with this shower?

If there is a plan, its simply to not spend any money. And get as much out under the table as they can.

Guest Barrack Road
Given that the plan is to slowly reduce the losses over 5 years, we plan to lose £28m next season, then £22m, then 16m etc.

If the plan is, as has been intimated, to reduce the losses year on year and break even in 5 years then how are people thinking we will be debt free?

Seeing as we were £111m in debt to Ashley plus a £20m overdraft at the end of the 08/09 season and we allegedly lost £32.5m in 09/10 then that would put us currently £162.5m in debt.

If the plan is to reduce the losses to £28m this coming season then we'll be £200m in the red. At the end of year 2 it'll be £222m, year 3 will be £238m and 4 about £245m, so by the time we break even we'll be sitting on a debt of around £250m. How is that financially stable?

We'll not be debt free, we'll have bigger debts than those that took Portsmouth out however we could well be a league or two down on their position at the time.

How we going to lose money though??? I can't get me head round it. Forget the debt now to Ashley, HOW THE FUCK ARE WE GONNA LOSE MONEY. The wage is reportedly 35-40m now and that's believable. Our turnover will be 90-£100m. So some explain to me how we'll make a loss? The fuckin pies in the stadium don't cost £60m, nor do the gormless twats in the Ladbrokes kiosks. Someone in basic terms show me how we'll lose money in 2010/2011. or 2011/2012.

The only way the statements makes sense is that Ashley's going to keep bank rolling the club and we'll be spending a few million (up front) on transfers every season.

If he didn't plan to loan the club any more money then it would be forced to break even immediately, not in 5 years....so he must plan to put more money in.

If he doesn't plan to pay of any outstanding debt, then the club would break even immediately by default (£20m - £30m losses will be covered by Sky money), not in 5 years...so he must plan other expenses (player purchases).

If that's the intent only Llambias could fuck it up to such a degree that it alienates 95% of the audience.

How we going to lose money though??? I can't get me head round it. Forget the debt now to Ashley, HOW THE FUCK ARE WE GONNA LOSE MONEY. The wage is reportedly 35-40m now and that's believable. Our turnover will be 90-£100m. So some explain to me how we'll make a loss? The fuckin pies in the stadium don't cost £60m, nor do the gormless twats in the Ladbrokes kiosks. Someone in basic terms show me how we'll lose money in 2010/2011. or 2011/2012.

We're paying SDirect 50m for that signage. :icon_lol:

The only way the statements makes sense is that Ashley's going to keep bank rolling the club and we'll be spending a few million (up front) on transfers every season.

If he didn't plan to loan the club any more money then it would be forced to break even immediately, not in 5 years....so he must plan to put more money in.

If he doesn't plan to pay of any outstanding debt, then the club would break even immediately by default (£20m - £30m losses will be covered by Sky money), not in 5 years...so he must plan other expenses (player purchases).

If that's the intent only Llambias could fuck it up to such a degree that it alienates 95% of the audience.

The club is getting like trying to read the finances of Harry Redknapp. You wot Guv??!

indeed. I wonder what the accountants etc will say that are currently defending this bollocks will say in a few years time when it becomes clear we [ie us the supporters who are the ones putting money into the club] are being taken completely to the cleaners. You don't have to be a financial wizard to look at our gates and support and seriously question the crap coming out of the club.