Spain win 2010 WORLD CUP.

Park Life

let's get the whistle massive out there too with their white gloves and glow sticks

I'm more of junglist mesel like. We're cooler than the happy hardcore crowd :icon_lol:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:icon_lol: The media in this country also seem to be going on like they're a new thing. Have they never been raving before?

I saw the soi-disant 'supporters' spokesman' Kevin Miles was on telly this morning. Seems to have thrown his lot in with England these days whereas he used to rent-a-gob on all matters NUFC. Pompous twat.

In the 80's countries like Holland and the Danes would have 500 air horns at games, and to be honest I think they sounded mint, we even had a few on the Corner of the Gallowgate

I knaa that man. :lol:

:icon_lol: The media in this country also seem to be going on like they're a new thing. Have they never been raving before?

I saw the soi-disant 'supporters' spokesman' Kevin Miles was on telly this morning. Seems to have thrown his lot in with England these days whereas he used to rent-a-gob on all matters NUFC. Pompous twat.

Laaa de dahhh :lol:

It can't be as annoying as the screaming Koreans and Japanese can they?

Aye, they remind me of schoolboy internationals at Wembley back in the day with a small crowd of high-pitched schoolies.

we were talking about this in the pub and a mate actually suggested muting the tv and listening to it on the Radio instead.

I shit you not.

Guest The Three Lions

Aye, they remind me of schoolboy internationals at Wembley back in the day with a small crowd of high-pitched schoolies.

They always remind me of Pele. He was always there for some reason. Someone would have a good game and Pele would say without question they'd become better than he was. He said it for a kid called "Rod Thomas" who's career highlight was a Sherpa Van Trophy losers medal for Carlisle, and he also said it for Julian Joachim.

we were talking about this in the pub and a mate actually suggested muting the tv and listening to it on the Radio instead.

I shit you not.

:icon_lol:

Guest The Three Lions

I shit you not.

The radio always seems one or two seconds in front of the telly for some reason and it spoils it.

They always remind me of Pele. He was always there for some reason. Someone would have a good game and Pele would say without question they'd become better than he was. He said it for a kid called "Rod Thomas" who's career highlight was a Sherpa Van Trophy losers medal for Carlisle, and he also said it for Julian Joachim.

Was it Shaun Elliot who captained England schoolboys and was tipped for big things? Remember seeing him play up the West End. He ran the show for Newcastle Boys.

I shit you not.

The radio always seems one or two seconds in front of the telly for some reason and it spoils it.

Aye, there's a time delay but I think you can (or it's been trialled with some games on BBCi or whatever) select the commentary so you can have 5Live instead without the time lag.

Guest The Three Lions

Was it Shaun Elliot who captained England schoolboys and was tipped for big things? Remember seeing him play up the West End. He ran the show for Newcastle Boys.

Shaun Murray was his name, Spurs bought his mam and dad a house to get him, I bet they wish they hadn't have bothered.

Shaun Murray was his name, Spurs bought his mam and dad a house to get him, I bet they wish they hadn't have bothered.

That's the lad. He went to Spuds. I think the game I saw him at was just after they'd signed him. Shaun Elliott played for the Mackems man :rolleyes:

Edited by alex

I shit you not.

Aye, there's a time delay but I think you can (or it's been trialled with some games on BBCi or whatever) select the commentary so you can have 5Live instead without the time lag.

Sure that's been done, at least on the last world cup. I had to find a way of watching the coverage on BBC without having to hear Motson.

I shit you not.

you can, I recall doing it during the last world cup and finding out that radio commentators make stuff up

Aye chaps, I think it might have been the last WC I'm thinking of. Mind, I can't stand Alan Green these days either.

thats what my dislike of him stems from, that and hes never fucking happy he must really hate football

Aye chaps, I think it might have been the last WC I'm thinking of. Mind, I can't stand Alan Green these days either.

thats what my dislike of him stems from, that and hes never fucking happy he must really hate football

It's the constant moaning about the quality of the matches (it's a fucking dream job man) and the LFC-bias for me.

It's the constant moaning about the quality of the matches (it's a fucking dream job man) and the LFC-bias for me.

well, when you're just listening on the radio its possible that hes just at a really crap match so I always used to just let it go

but after seeing a game he was commentating on while he was doing it it became very clear that he makes shit up and that he just moans all the time without any reason for it

well, when you're just listening on the radio its possible that hes just at a really crap match so I always used to just let it go

but after seeing a game he was commentating on while he was doing it it became very clear that he makes shit up and that he just moans all the time without any reason for it

I've noticed bullshit with a lot of Radio commentary except they normally big games up. I quite like the other guy who is on 5. Mike Ingham?

I've noticed bullshit with a lot of Radio commentary except they normally big games up. I quite like the other guy who is on 5. Mike Ingham?

yeh it is, hes alright one of the few I like, commentators really annoy me a lot of the time I reckon a lot of the old guard need replacing with people a bit more eloquent, you dont need to be an ex pro to commentate on football but most footballers are thick as fuck and cant manage it

He's trying to make out that he's one of the people and that none of the games are worthy of us etc. Misanthropic bastard.

The Beeb's a bit of an old boys club in general and could do with a shake up. I think people like Lawrenson and Hansen used to be good but because they're on so much they just run out of fresh banter in the end and have turned into self-parodies.

The Beeb's a bit of an old boys club in general and could do with a shake up. I think people like Lawrenson and Hansen used to be good but because they're on so much they just run out of fresh banter in the end and have turned into self-parodies.

Agree on all counts, so many of them are just cliche machines, you could probably take hansens or Lawrensons place on the MOTD sofa and get 90% of what they'd say absolutely right

Andy Gray proper needs to just fuck off too