Best memories of this season?

The Fish

For me it's got to be the away day against Ipswich, not so much the performance, we were average and they were poor, more for the commemoration of Sir Bob, the atmosphere was something very very special and reminded me how much fun away days are.

special mention to Ameobi's first career hat-trick. The barely concealed glee he showed before taking the penalty was brilliant to see. All to often players try to look un-phased by the moment, but he genuinely could hardly stop smiling even before he struck home his third.

Those are the two I was thinking of when I saw this thread's title, but Enrique getting mobbed after scoring his first and Nolan's overhead kick against Sheff U are up there as well.

As a person who can only go on the games that were televised:

Toon against Reading at SJP: Nolan chasing down the ball that looked set to go out of play. He ran half the width of the pitch to chase down a loose ball that was heading out of play, he passed it to Barton who quickly moved the ball to Raylor who sent a cross onto Shola’s head for 2-0 (part of Shola's hat-trick).

It was a game that showed that the players were up committed to making something of the season and were prepared to put in the hard yards (insert other 'hard-working' cliches here).

I'd also mention Enrique's goal and the squad going nuts over it!!

Edited by dbsweeney

Guest Barrack Road
For me it's got to be the away day against Ipswich, not so much the performance, we were average and they were poor, more for the commemoration of Sir Bob, the atmosphere was something very very special and reminded me how much fun away days are.

special mention to Ameobi's first career hat-trick. The barely concealed glee he showed before taking the penalty was brilliant to see. All to often players try to look un-phased by the moment, but he genuinely could hardly stop smiling even before he struck home his third.

Aye the lass singing My Way (one of my fav songs) was stunning too, can't believe a carrot munching area like Ipswich can spawn such a lush lass.

My top 5 moments of the season:

1. Doncaster's penalty miss against us/ Nolan's last minute winner. I think it was a pivotal moment in the season. We're 1-1 at home down to 10 men, and they get a pen to make it 1-2 with 5 mins left. They miss, and Nolan grabs a last minute winner. We'd just lost 2 in a row, that would've been 3, and we went on to win the next 6.

2. The Cardiff game, atmosphere around the ground before and after was great, and it was fantastic winning 5-1 after how mouthy their fans were.

3. Jonas/Enrique's first goals for us.

4. Pancrate's goal against Watford ended up winning me a small fortune, so I'll have to stick this in.

5. Lovenkrands equaliser against WBA, his dad had just died and we never looked back after that goal.

Guest Barrack Road
The final whistle at QPR. Everything else was an utter embarrassment to NUFC and its supporters.

100% Correct. I can't remember too many games vividly, never spent so much time talking at games as I did last season, and normally I just like concentrating on the games. It's lovely scoring 4, 5 and 6 but let's face it, it's probably the worst division in terms of quality we've ever played in, when you consider we were much better in 1993, and got less points and less goals. Looking forward to edge of seat stuff next season, where a home win ends in a cuddle for the person beside you :o

seeing my old age mate running on the pitch at Plymouth (invading it in his mind) when me other mate dressed as a penquin went waddling past him.

Cardiff, great night.

Shola taking the ball off Barton for pen against Ipswich.

Getting back against bristol.

Signing Williamson and Routladge.

The performance of a small time club and their supporters when every fucker wanted them to lose and get relegated and how a lot of them bastards claim to always have loved us........... fuck off we do not need you. :o

Guest alex

I enjoyed the season to be perfectly honest. I know we shouldn't have gone down etc. but that doesn't alter it. I know what Stevie is saying like, it was a sort of muted enjoyment because the division was so weak / we know we're not a great side.

as was said by most in the "what will you miss" thread its nice to win a lot of the time

while I'm very glad we're back in the top division as we're all ambitious and want the club at the top I'd rather see us walloping roy keanes ipswich than getting fucked by SAFs Man u

I wouldnt be thinking "ah but its the premier league" while watching number 5 go in

as was said by most in the "what will you miss" thread its nice to win a lot of the time

while I'm very glad we're back in the top division as we're all ambitious and want the club at the top I'd rather see us walloping roy keanes ipswich than getting fucked by SAFs Man u

I wouldnt be thinking "ah but its the premier league" while watching number 5 go in

This tbh. I know a Burnley supporter and he was saying the other day how it's absolutely no fun to watch your team getting spanked every week (although I'm sure his tone was very different when they beat Manure early doors!). There's also something to be said for going away to these smaller clubs with propper fans (even if they're small in number) as oppose to the hanger on cunts at places like Old Trafford and The Emirates.

One of my favourite memories came on Sunday seeing Carroll's reaction to "He Shoots, he scores, he'll break your fucking jaw. Andy Carroll" when he was warming up :o

Guest Barrack Road

This tbh. I know a Burnley supporter and he was saying the other day how it's absolutely no fun to watch your team getting spanked every week (although I'm sure his tone was very different when they beat Manure early doors!). There's also something to be said for going away to these smaller clubs with propper fans (even if they're small in number) as oppose to the hanger on cunts at places like Old Trafford and The Emirates.

One of my favourite memories came on Sunday seeing Carroll's reaction to "He Shoots, he scores, he'll break your fucking jaw. Andy Carroll" when he was warming up :o

We put an extra 10 thoosand on the gate man every time we've been away, most of the places we've been they're plastics every bit as much as the above you mentioned. Man Utd have a proper support, because 30% of them are gloryhunting twats, it doesn't diminish how good Salford/Manc Reds are.

Guest Barrack Road

I like one we were singin in the pub a few weeks ago pissed. To the tune of Vieira wooooooooooah. Big Carroll woooooooooah, Big Carroll wooooooah, he's over 6ft4, he'll fuckin break ya jaw.

I like one we were singin in the pub a few weeks ago pissed. To the tune of Vieira wooooooooooah. Big Carroll woooooooooah, Big Carroll wooooooah, he's over 6ft4, he'll fuckin break ya jaw.

Nice one :unsure:

The he's big, he's class, he'll hit you with a glass second verse didn't catch on quite as much on Sunday but I found it amusing!

Guest Barrack Road

The he's big, he's class, he'll hit you with a glass second verse didn't catch on quite as much on Sunday but I found it amusing!

:huh: I like that too. You could do that for Taylor as well, "he's big, he's class, he's shaggin Carroll's lass, Steve Taylor, Steve Taylor" Rumours a song in one of the pubs there was song going round to the old Andy Cole song - Leon Best, Leon Best, Leon, Leon Best he's fuckin shite, he's fuckin shite, LEOOOOOOOOON LEEEEEEEEEEON BEST.

:huh::(

Guest Barrack Road

Heard another cracker from someone that was down there.

To the Fernando Torres Liverpool's Number 9 tune.

He wears his hair just like a lass Andy Andy

He's gonna smash you with a glass Andy Andy

He earns more dough than me and you

He spends it all in Blue Bamboo

Aaaaaaaaandy Carroll's gonna break ya jaw

Nnananaannananaanananannananananannaannanananannaananaaaaaaa

Heard another cracker from someone that was down there.

To the Fernando Torres Liverpool's Number 9 tune.

He wears his hair just like a lass Andy Andy

He's gonna smash you with a glass Andy Andy

Nnananaannananaanananannananananannaannanananannaananaaaaaaa

love it!

Generally I found the atmosphere to be relaxed at some games against the smaller teams and not too charged like in the Premier League where you are just expecting a massive fuck up!

I really enjoyed Barnsley away and just thought it was mental all those away fans descending on the area around Oakwell which looks more like a village than a town! I didn't have anything to drink that day but I loved the constant singing and it was our fan base at a great strength.

I think the best bit of the season* is giving the two fingers to everybody who wanted us to fail and some ridiculously arrogant Championship fans! Most of the country wanted us to disappear in the style of Leeds and lots of fans were confident we would do it and they were getting excited at the prospect and now it's all ''welcome back'' and that shite. Fuck off basically.

A lot of Nottingham fans were confident they would beat us in the title race because they went on one run of decent form. Plus there's all that rubbish about how our players couldn't handle 'real' football and the physicality of the league and now we've walked it it's exactly what we should have done. Oh and people were so confident of us getting about 20'000 each home game so fuck them too!

Well done Chris, Well done lads, well done fans.

*or the culmination of!

Bring the whole CCC on - its shite and we'll piss it no danger whatsoever.

You Know who --- 17th August 2009 :(

What, no match day memories??

Oh, wait......

Bring the whole CCC on - its shite and we'll piss it no danger whatsoever.

You Know who --- 17th August 2009 :(

What, no match day memories??

Oh, wait......

Still hurting :(:(

Explain?