Ambrose

peasepud

would you have him back?

Hes clearly too good to be playing for a club thats only just squeaked out of being in the 3rd tier. Whether hes Premiership class is another matter but frankly I dont think we're likely to be pulling in much Premiership quality anyway so personally, Id take another chance on him.

Yes. I still maintain we should never have sold him - sacrificed in favour of higher paid players who failed to deliver.

Can't imagine he would cost much which is the way we will end up going anyway and would be good cover for a few positions.

holidaying with Will Young again this year is he?..

Speaking of which can anybody clarify, is Xisco just n loan to Racing de Santander, or has he permanently left?

Can't imagine he would cost much which is the way we will end up going anyway and would be good cover for a few positions.

Speaking of which can anybody clarify, is Xisco just n loan to Racing de Santander, or has he permanently left?

from nufc.com:

Asked recently about our forgotten man, Francisco Jimenez Tejada aka Xisco (pictured above) Chris Hughton commented:

“He’s a player we were prepared to let go a year ago I don’t see too much has changed since then.

"We’ve spoken to him during the season and we’d have to speak to him at the end of the season, see how he’s enjoyed his spell there whether he still wants to remain in Spain, but I don’t see too much having changed there.”

Xisco arrived at SJP in August 2008 in what was claimed to be a £5.7m transfer from Deportivo La Coruna (rising to £7m in unspecified trigger payments). He signed a five year deal with United, taking him through to 2013.

His most recent appearance for Newcastle (his ninth) came as a 58th minute replacement for Andy Carroll in the 1-0 home win over Sheffield Wednesday last August.

That was his second sub outing of the season following a 13 minute run out the previous weekend at SJP against Reading. Xisco then sat on the bench at Crystal Palace before completing his loan switch to Racing Santander.

He turns 24 in June and could still see that anniversary coincide with relegation for Racing. With four games to play, they sit four points and three places above the drop zone - with two games against fellow relegation-haunted sides, beginning with a trip to Tenerife on Saturday.

The former Spanish U21 international has netted five goals (three in the Copa Del Rey), and appeared off the bench in the last two games since returning from injury.

from nufc.com:

Asked recently about our forgotten man, Francisco Jimenez Tejada aka Xisco (pictured above) Chris Hughton commented:

“He’s a player we were prepared to let go a year ago I don’t see too much has changed since then.

"We’ve spoken to him during the season and we’d have to speak to him at the end of the season, see how he’s enjoyed his spell there whether he still wants to remain in Spain, but I don’t see too much having changed there.”

Xisco arrived at SJP in August 2008 in what was claimed to be a £5.7m transfer from Deportivo La Coruna (rising to £7m in unspecified trigger payments). He signed a five year deal with United, taking him through to 2013.

His most recent appearance for Newcastle (his ninth) came as a 58th minute replacement for Andy Carroll in the 1-0 home win over Sheffield Wednesday last August.

That was his second sub outing of the season following a 13 minute run out the previous weekend at SJP against Reading. Xisco then sat on the bench at Crystal Palace before completing his loan switch to Racing Santander.

He turns 24 in June and could still see that anniversary coincide with relegation for Racing. With four games to play, they sit four points and three places above the drop zone - with two games against fellow relegation-haunted sides, beginning with a trip to Tenerife on Saturday.

The former Spanish U21 international has netted five goals (three in the Copa Del Rey), and appeared off the bench in the last two games since returning from injury.

He's a fucking Jinxisco!

from nufc.com:

He's a fucking Jinxisco!

He was also given a 5 year contract....fuckin hell, no wonder Ashleys spent 111 mill :o

Ambrose is a reasonable shout, because despite Routledge looking good when hes got the space to play, he's too easily knocked off the ball, even in divi 2.I really think this is why 3 or 4 premier league teams have taken a look and passed on him. Don't know if Ambrose would be any better mind..

from nufc.com:

He's a fucking Jinxisco!

He was also given a 5 year contract....fuckin hell, no wonder Ashleys spent 111 mill :o

Ambrose is a reasonable shout, because despite Routledge looking good when hes got the space to play, he's too easily knocked off the ball, even in divi 2.I really think this is why 3 or 4 premier league teams have taken a look and passed on him. Don't know if Ambrose would be any better mind..

Hasn't Ambrose been playing through the middle for Palace though?

would you have him back?

Hes clearly too good to be playing for a club thats only just squeaked out of being in the 3rd tier. Whether hes Premiership class is another matter but frankly I dont think we're likely to be pulling in much Premiership quality anyway so personally, Id take another chance on him.

prob agreeing. Slightly depressing like, but he would marginally improve the squad and is versatile. I did think he could have got more games the last time too, if he hadn't been competing against the likes of Solano, Speed and Dyer [when fit]

Would he come back?

If he had not played for us before we would be talking about snapping him up after the amount of goals he got this season.

Yes. I still maintain we should never have sold him - sacrificed in favour of higher paid players who failed to deliver.

This.

Versatility across the midfield is something we're desperately crying out for. He'd be much more likely to get a look in first team football wise this time round.

This.

Versatility across the midfield is something we're desperately crying out for. He'd be much more likely to get a look in first team football wise this time round.

100% agree with this, he was one of Bobby's signing for the future who ddn't get given the chance by a less competant manager.

Too similar to Guthrie and he deserves his chance.

I think Guthrie deserves his shot too but from what i remember of Ambrose he unlike Guthrie was happy out wide and could play there, even if now he's playing through the middle so i think he'd cover more than one role in the team.

I think Guthrie deserves his shot too but from what i remember of Ambrose he unlike Guthrie was happy out wide and could play there, even if now he's playing through the middle so i think he'd cover more than one role in the team.

True, it was more that if you were going to fit Ambrose into the current starting line-up it would probably be at the expense of Guthrie.

True, it was more that if you were going to fit Ambrose into the current starting line-up it would probably be at the expense of Guthrie.

Yeah, one of my worries is that Hughton will shunt Guthrie wide again at times in the prem and as he struggled wide in the championship that would be a bad idea. When given a run in the centre he's shown he can pass the ball about and set up goals for people whilst chipping in with the odd goal himself.

Yeah, one of my worries is that Hughton will shunt Guthrie wide again at times in the prem and as he struggled wide in the championship that would be a bad idea. When given a run in the centre he's shown he can pass the ball about and set up goals for people whilst chipping in with the odd goal himself.

To be fair he did set up a fair few out wide, not that I want him to play there. He is much better in the centre!