Best Performances in the Champioship this season

Rob W

Leicester and Blackpool - shirley

One promoted last season and the other everyone's favourite for the drop

third I'd put Doncaster - a mid table finish for them is amazing - almost their best ever finish since coming into the League in around 1899

The "get out of Jail card" goes to Reading - they were in crash & burn mode until Christmas but almost made the playoffs and had a gerat cup run

Speaking of Reading, I wonder how many Premier League clubs will be running their eyes over Gylfi Sigurdsson. Has been carving it for them over the second half of the season. At this stage I'd be very surprised if he was with them next season. No doubt they'll do everything within reason to hang onto him, but the kid appeared to be destined to play at a much higher level.

Speaking of Reading, I wonder how many Premier League clubs will be running their eyes over Gylfi Sigurdsson. Has been carving it for them over the second half of the season. At this stage I'd be very surprised if he was with them next season. No doubt they'll do everything within reason to hang onto him, but the kid appeared to be destined to play at a much higher level.

I think you're right. At around the time we last played them, the Reading fans were all sure that he'd be off come the summer.

I haven't seen much footage of him—is he all that he's cracked up to be?

ipswich sway sticks in the mind. i think it was at that point when i thought yeah, we've a genuine chance of going up here when early doors it was all doom and gloom

Guest Barrack Road
ipswich sway sticks in the mind. i think it was at that point when i thought yeah, we've a genuine chance of going up here when early doors it was all doom and gloom

:o woosh.

Read the opening post. I think Blackpool for definite, and an honourable mention to Scunthorpe for staying up on gates of 4 and 5,000.

Read the opening post. I think Blackpool for definite, and an honourable mention to Scunthorpe for staying up on gates of 4 and 5,000.

it was 4-0 away from home early on in the season at a point when most of us apart from accadacca though we were going to struggle. maybe not the best performance but one of the most memorable.

Guest Barrack Road

it was 4-0 away from home early on in the season at a point when most of us apart from accadacca though we were going to struggle. maybe not the best performance but one of the most memorable.

:unsure::huh::( I'm a bit fucked up at the minute, but I'm not as fucked up as this.

:unsure: woosh.

oh gloom :huh:

:o

Scunthorpe definitely deserve a mention for staying up despite looking like they should be playing at least two divisions appart from us when we played them up here. They we comfortably the worst team I've ever seen us play who were in the same league as us at the time!

I think you're right. At around the time we last played them, the Reading fans were all sure that he'd be off come the summer.

I haven't seen much footage of him—is he all that he's cracked up to be?

my mates reckon he's probably bottom half of the PL class - maybe another Ameobi?

Scunthorpe definitely deserve a mention for staying up despite looking like they should be playing at least two divisions appart from us when we played them up here. They we comfortably the worst team I've ever seen us play who were in the same league as us at the time!

indeed - truly a dire lot

so it should have gone in the other thread

I was pretty sure Ashley would fail to invest in the transfer window and our promotion push would just fall away in the second half of the season. Probably something particularly painful like scraping 6th and going out on penalties.

Guest alex

Slighly off topic but when you look at how poo the league is it makes you wonder what the big money boys at QPR are playing at. It wouldn't take a massive investment to get them into the PL.

Slighly off topic but when you look at how poo the league is it makes you wonder what the big money boys at QPR are playing at. It wouldn't take a massive investment to get them into the PL.

aren't they on their 8th manager in two seasons or something daft?

most people on this board (myself included) have questioned whether hughton is the man to lead us in the premiership. but giving him the time to see if he can carry the spirit and results into the new season seems a no brainer now. consistency in the backroom staff - or a lack of it in qpr's case - can have a massive impact.

aren't they on their 8th manager in two seasons or something daft?

most people on this board (myself included) have questioned whether hughton is the man to lead us in the premiership. but giving him the time to see if he can carry the spirit and results into the new season seems a no brainer now. consistency in the backroom staff - or a lack of it in qpr's case - can have a massive impact.

True but Alex is right in that they haven't invested a great deal. They could spend £10m and that should comfortably see them up!

A nephew of wor lass is a County supporter - they reckon by investing £ 5 million they'll get into the CL and be worth say £25-£30 mm

• 4 weeks later...
No mention of Palace staying up after a 10 point deduction?...largely irrelevant anyway as it looks like they're going to be closed down tomorrow..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ace/8714650.stm

there was actually - about three posts up - but yes it was good and they do seem to have ben saved - by floggingt heir ground to "local businessmen" - so thats 2 years at most.....................