Muslims plan to bomb South Park

Kevin

Failed car bomb was not al-Qaeda plot, says NY mayor - beeb

There is no evidence the failed attempt to detonate a car bomb in New York was the work of al-Qaeda or any other big terrorist group, the city's mayor says.

I think it was BP running a distraction exercise me sel like

one good thing about the yanks is if they get who did it they won't pussy foot around with them like we do.

and the guns, they're good too... right?

yep, I'd shoot them without a moments hesitation.

Yeah! Shoot them all. That's makes us better... right?

for shooting terrorists ? No. It gets rid of them. End of story.

So you'd have a trial by jury first?

depends on the circumstances. If its a situation whereby you need to shoot them then do it.

I'm not interested in debating the road of "make sure they are armed" or any of this other bollocks either, which is do gooder nonsense. In the heat of the moment its either kill or be killed. If someone runs away, then you presume they are guilty and shoot before they detonate.

If only someone would presume you were guilty :o

Guilty of what ?

I knew you - and others - would disagree with that, but I'm sorry such things are instant life or death decisions and in the case of the Brazilian, mistakes are made but it was his own fault. If a cop, especially told me to stand still etc I certainly wouldn't run away. Would you ?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guilty of what ?

I knew you - and others - would disagree with that, but I'm sorry such things are instant life or death decisions and in the case of the Brazilian, mistakes are made but it was his own fault. If a cop, especially told me to stand still etc I certainly wouldn't run away. Would you ?

Grafitti.

Be great if you were painting your house and some copper saw the brush, assumed you were daubing inflammatory language on the property and shot your face off. :o

Guilty of what ?

Grafitti.

Be great if you were painting your house and some copper saw the brush, assumed you were daubing inflammatory language on the property and shot your face off. :o

you're not normally so stupid.

depends on the circumstances. If its a situation whereby you need to shoot them then do it.

I'm not interested in debating the road of "make sure they are armed" or any of this other bollocks either, which is do gooder nonsense. In the heat of the moment its either kill or be killed. If someone runs away, then you presume they are guilty and shoot before they detonate.

Have to agree with Leazes here. We have to make the best decision that we can overall to protect people, sometimes we'll fuck it up and someone innocent dies. That probably ends up being the right mathematical outcome though. We have to accept that we are pretty fucking stupid, especially as we try to organise bigger and bigger populations, but we do the best we can. I just don't feel that liberals accept that very well.

If a cop, especially told me to stand still etc I certainly wouldn't run away. Would you ?

One caveat I would have about my above statement re this. I assume we don't always act rationally in this spot and maybe fight or flight mechanism kicks in? I have no clue but there must be some studies out there. Obviously if people were commonly compelled to run when cops pointed a gun at them, that would be a huge problem.

Guest alex

There is no evidence the failed attempt to detonate a car bomb in New York was the work of al-Qaeda or any other big terrorist group, the city's mayor says.

one good thing about the yanks is if they get who did it they won't pussy foot around with them like we do.

Guilty of what ?

Didn't it emerge the police lied about that being the case? That in itself tells you they fucked up and tried to cover up what they did. I know they were under pressure etc. and I think the initial bombers were more responsible for what happened than the police involved but Menezes did absolutely nothing wrong. To say it's his own fault he died is ridiculous.

Guilty of what ?

Didn't it emerge the police lied about that being the case? That in itself tells you they fucked up and tried to cover up what they did. I know they were under pressure etc. and I think the initial bombers were more responsible for what happened than the police involved but Menezes did absolutely nothing wrong. To say it's his own fault he died is ridiculous.

when you run away, what are they supposed to think and do about it ?

In this particular case, if he didn't run away, why did they shoot him ? Our cops don't make a habit of walking round shooting people for nowt, unlike terrorists.

You are going to get an odd mistake. Either that, or our cops/security services are killed first.

What do you think of those 3 SAS having to testify in court when they shot those 3 scumbags in Gib ? Disgraceful. What they did was right and they should not have been held to account for their actions.

If a cop, especially told me to stand still etc I certainly wouldn't run away. Would you ?

One caveat I would have about my above statement re this. I assume we don't always act rationally in this spot and maybe fight or flight mechanism kicks in? I have no clue but there must be some studies out there. Obviously if people were commonly compelled to run when cops pointed a gun at them, that would be a huge problem.

possibly.

What is the meaning of that Masonic sign you are displaying ?

Guest alex

Guilty of what ?

In this particular case, if he didn't run away, why did they shoot him ? Our cops don't make a habit of walking round shooting people for nowt, unlike terrorists.

You are going to get an odd mistake. Either that, or our cops/security services are killed first.

What do you think of those 3 SAS having to testify in court when they shot those 3 scumbags in Gib ? Disgraceful. What they did was right and they should not have been held to account for their actions.

He didn't run away. He ran to catch the tube. Massive difference. I've done similar many times myself. The Gibraltar case has no relevence to this one but I didn't have a problem with the actions of those involved if that answers your question.

Guilty of what ?

Not sure how I would react if I were chased on the tube by a pack of men dressed in normal clothes armed with guns either. If I ran, would my death be acceptable collateral damage?

Your last bullet - are you suggesting the people who killed Menezes shouldn't have even had to answer for their actions?

Guilty of what ?

He didn't run away. He ran to catch the tube. Massive difference. I've done similar many times myself. The Gibraltar case has no relevence to this one but I didn't have a problem with the actions of those involved if that answers your question.

You wouldn't even have heard of the Gib or Menezes case if Leazes had his way, is the implication of his post. Scary stuff.

Guest Barrack Road

Same old wank rows every time. No one wins. I've retired from them. It's like all out nuclear war, by the end there's not many survive and everyone looks like a mug.

Guilty of what ?

There is no answer then. He was running, intelligence told them he was a threat. They acted on it. It was an accident. By all means have an inquest but the security services need to be supported in their actions which are made in good faith to protect the public.

If these scumbags [ie terrorists, not just muslim terrorists] had the balls to stand in the open and fight like men instead it would make it more of an open game. Blame them, not our cops etc.

Guilty of what ?

You wouldn't even have heard of the Gib or Menezes case if Leazes had his way, is the implication of his post. Scary stuff.

You could hardly have kept it out of the press. But the SAS guys need to have their indentities protected, and they should have the support of the public too. If not for them innocent civilians would have died in Gib that day, murdered by scumbags with no balls.

Guest alex
There is no answer then. He was running, intelligence told them he was a threat. They acted on it. It was an accident. By all means have an inquest but the security services need to be supported in their actions which are made in good faith to protect the public.

Totally agree, tragic accident. You can't blame the bloke who was shot though, that was my point.

If these scumbags [ie terrorists, not just muslim terrorists] had the balls to stand in the open and fight like men instead it would make it more of an open game. Blame them, not our cops etc.

I did blame them.

So what happens Leazes, if the coppers get intel that you're a threat, so they come looking for you. You wander oput your house on the way to catch a bus which you start running for as it's approaching your stop and you doubt you'll make it, they shout over to you "Stop", and either you don't here them or presume the shout is not for you. They shoot you and you die.

is that ok?

Guilty of what ?

Not sure how I would react if I were chased on the tube by a pack of men dressed in normal clothes armed with guns either. If I ran, would my death be acceptable collateral damage?

Your last bullet - are you suggesting the people who killed Menezes shouldn't have even had to answer for their actions?

You would shit yourself, like most people. They have to accept it was a mistake. They would look at the intelligence and accept it was wrong on a particular occasion, but what else can they do ?

That's a bit daft, how would they do that? Arrange for a fight at 2 o'clock at Hyde Park? Three men armed with fertilizer bombs against 10,000 British soldiers with tanks and planes?

I hate terrorism as much as the next man but I can see the logic of assymetrical warfare and it tends to work in the end - Northern Ireland is a point in hand. You've levelled the same accusations of cowardice against the insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan in the past as well, but by that definition the French resistance in WW II would be cowards too.

Guilty of what ?

You would shit yourself, like most people. They have to accept it was a mistake. They would look at the intelligence and accept it was wrong on a particular occasion, but what else can they do ?

I agree, but it sounded like you didn't think there should have been a full inquiry in an earlier post. From what I remember though they were a bit gung-ho and negligent in this case.

That's a bit daft, how would they do that? Arrange for a fight at 2 o'clock at Hyde Park? Three men armed with fertilizer bombs against 10,000 British soldiers with tanks and planes?

I hate terrorism as much as the next man but I can see the logic of assymetrical warfare and it tends to work in the end - Northern Ireland is a point in hand. You've levelled the same accusations of cowardice against the insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan in the past as well, but by that definition the French resistance in WW II would be cowards too.

how about pissing off back to where their allegiance really lies, and putting on a uniform ?

Instead of coming here and fighting their "undercover" jihad ?

So what happens Leazes, if the coppers get intel that you're a threat, so they come looking for you. You wander oput your house on the way to catch a bus which you start running for as it's approaching your stop and you doubt you'll make it, they shout over to you "Stop", and either you don't here them or presume the shout is not for you. They shoot you and you die.

is that ok?

Sounds pukka to me. :o:unsure:

how about pissing off back to where their allegiance really lies, and putting on a uniform ?

Against undercover SAS soldiers illegally operating in "their" country?

Because they can do a lot more damage here? Anyway it's a long time since warfare was fought under Marquess of Queensberry rules, it's a dirty business whoever is fighting. And these deluded, brainwashed fuckers really believe it is a war, that's their mentality.

That's not a good idea is it, seen as we're out of Iraq and taking loses in Afghanistan. Think about what you're saying man. :o