Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many 'negs' on this board, imo. Get off football manager, kids. :rolleyes: We've got a great manager who promises we're hunting top-quality signings, plenty of quality in the squad (especially in our youth system) and we have the best scout in the British Isles, Graham Carr, unearthing new Tiotes and Ben Arfas. We're financially sustainable thanks to Mike's out-of-pocket spending and once we win the FA cup this season, we'll have no problem complying with the Fair Play rules, and our training ground is second to none.

Here's how I imagine we'll line up:

Krul

PWHBY - Colo - S. Taylor - PWHBY

PWHBY - Cabaye - Tiote - PWHBY

Ben Arfa

PWHBY

*PWHBY = Player we haven't bought yet

Nee bother, right lads?

You'll be wanting a Flake on that too ?! :rolleyes:

The flake would top it off nicely aye, sadly Ive as much chance of pushing a flake into Kate Bush's cornet as I have of those signings :D

Too many 'negs' on this board, imo. Get off football manager, kids. :rolleyes: We've got a great manager who promises we're hunting top-quality signings, plenty of quality in the squad (especially in our youth system) and we have the best scout in the British Isles, Graham Carr, unearthing new Tiotes and Ben Arfas. We're financially sustainable thanks to Mike's out-of-pocket spending and once we win the FA cup this season, we'll have no problem complying with the Fair Play rules, and our training ground is second to none.

Krul

Ben Arfa

PWHBY

Nee bother, right lads?

I'd replace all bar maybe two of the PWHBY with YKFRMLTGAS.

(Young kid from reserves more likely to get a shout)

Krul

Ben Arfa

PWHBY

Nee bother, right lads?

Why have you included Ben Arfa and Cabaye?

Matuidi has the same agent as Erdinc which supposedly somehow complicates that deal (?). Idea is (was?) to pair him with Tiote allowing Cabaye and Ben Arfa to focus on creating for a lone front man.

Barnetta will only be signed if Barton leaves, which is unlikely. I'm fine with this.

Hierachy don't want N'Zogbia, Pardew does (sigh).

Oh and the club are demanding a minimum top 10 finish this coming season.

That's the interesting stuff he's reported.

That's hilarious. Top 10. As we sit, we are looking at bottom six, and assuming that other teams around that bottom third strengthen their squads before the season starts its more like bottom three. Mark my words, the squad we started the season with in 08/09 was better than we have now. And as for Pardew - (Mike's Marionette, Del-boy's Bitch) - he is an emasculated cockney nobody who will give us nothing and is capable only to learn his lines and move his lips.

Stevie that is probably the most needless negative post i have ever seen on this forum. Please advise me who of the teams that finished below us has strengthened more than us so far in the transfer window? Assuming thet are all going to strengthen is absolutely ludicrous. Its like saying I assume they are all gonna spend £50m and we are fucked when the reality is it aint gonna happen. Also, our squad is stronger with our signings to date than the end of last season with 4 incomings and one out going plus Ben Arfa returning from injury.

I am not saying we should be over the moon but predicting we are fucked when we have already done more than most if not all who finished below us last season is a pretty ludicrous point of view

Edited by GeeForce

I think it goes to show how far our stock has fallen that even the delusional OMG11! LOL!11 WTF1!1 St James' bed sheet brigade havn't been linking us with Messi et al as per usual pre season. I'd kill right now for a 'you know who we should sign? David Villa' post. We pretty much all accepted the minute Carroll was sold that we'd not see that money reinvested in players. Sad times.

Alan Pardew insists Newcastle United still want star striker

Journal

ALAN Pardew has issued an unflinching ultimatum to Newcastle United’s top striker target Mevlüt Erdinç – as he reassures supporters a second striker will be recruited this summer.

United’s long-standing interest in Erdinç has stalled after the club became embroiled in a bonus row with his agent Pierre Frelot, who told The Journal on Friday that the striker will be staying at Paris Saint-Germain.

The club suspect that the striker remains keen on a switch to St James’ Park despite those unequivocal denials, with Pardew insisting that Newcastle have not killed off their interest just yet.

But the Magpies manager will move on to another target if Erdinç wants to remain “third choice” at what he believes is a smaller club than United.

In an uncompromising message to the Turkey striker, Pardew told The Journal: “It’s quite easy for me. If the boy wants to stay at his club and be third choice and doesn’t want to come to Newcastle then I don’t want him – because Newcastle, for me, are a bigger club.

“I’m not being disrespectful and I know that Paris Saint-Germain are in the Champions League but with our stadium, our support and the squad we’ve got, we’re the bigger club.

“We have to be careful. Some of the things being quoted are not from him and we’ve got to cut through it. It’s difficult to criticise the player because sometimes it’s the agent or someone else not getting what he wants.

“But we won’t bring him to the club if he doesn’t want to be here. We’re not certainly going to force his hand.”

United have other targets – a trio of Continental strikers all under the age of 28, The Journal understands – but Pardew says negotiations for them will progress in parallel with further discussions on Erdinç.

He said: “All transfers are always alive until such time as someone buries them. We’re not burying this one.”

On the wider point of recruiting a striker, the United boss has appealed for calm as Newcastle’s recruitment drive slows.

While United now look unlikely to add to their squad before they set off for America on Friday, Pardew insists the club will not be rushed into moving for a

forward. We’re still confident on bringing a striker in,” he said.

“It makes me laugh when people say time is running out – the deadline isn’t until the end of August.

“It’s obvious we’re looking to get a striker in, we’re not just paying lip service to it. We have made bids, that is in the public domain.

“But we have to make sure it’s the right player, that is the most important thing.” Meanwhile, Pardew has admitted that José Enrique is continuing to stall on signing a lucrative long-term contract at St James’ Park.

The Spanish defender has evaded questions over his future since returning to pre-season and while he won’t be handing in a transfer request, it now looks increasingly likely that he is ready to run down his current deal.

That nightmare scenario would force hand of Newcastle, who believe that Enrique is worth around £7million, and Pardew said: “Jose seems fine but the situation hasn’t really changed.

“He’s made it pretty clear that he still won’t sign a contract and that his future may be elsewhere.

“I’m not really comfortable with that but we’ll have to deal with it and we’re still hoping that he signs a contract with us. There has to be doubt over that situation.”