Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

I'll probably get laughed at but I think Bellamy's as good as Tevez, who I think is a bit overrated (but still a good player).

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, both seem sto be a bit disruptive(Bellamy moreso). Tevez is younger and less injury-prone.

Aye, those two factors alone make him likely to be moved on (Bellamy that is).

Surely will put Scott Carson's nose out of joint?

West Brom capture goalkeeper Boaz Myhill from Hull

West Bromwich Albion have signed Wales international goalkeeper Boaz Myhill from Hull on a three-year contract.

The Tigers accepted a £1.5m offer for the 27-year-old who made 277 appearances for them since joining from Aston Villa in 2003 for £50,000.

"I'm delighted to welcome Boaz to the club," said new boss Roberto Di Matteo.

"He joins us at a good age and with a good pedigree, having helped Hull win promotion to the top flight and spent the last two seasons there."

With debts in the region of £25m - £10m of which is owed to other clubs - Hull's head of football operations Adam Pearson admitted they had to raise money this summer.

But Di Matteo said he was looking forward to the upcoming Premier League season with added competition between Myhill and captain Scott Carson.

"Boaz obviously knows what it takes to play at the top level and he is also a good character," he told the club's website.

"We've now got two very good international keepers working under our goalkeeping coach Dean Kiely. Competition is vital is all areas of the squad and I'm confident Scott and Boaz will drive each other on."

The United States-born keeper joined Hull when they were in the bottom tier of the Football League - and enjoyed three promotions with them, followed by this summer's relegation from the Premier League.

Meanwhile, former Hull captain George Boateng has joined Greek side Skoda Xanthi.

The 34-year-old has been linked with West Brom and Celtic this summer after his contract expired following the Tigers' relegation.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ion/8869317.stm

The Tigers accepted a £1.5m offer for the 27-year-old who made 277 appearances for them since joining from Aston Villa in 2003 for £50,000.

"He joins us at a good age and with a good pedigree, having helped Hull win promotion to the top flight and spent the last two seasons there."

Hull got their moneys worth out of him there!

Surprised to see James go to Bristol City too, although Coppel seems a very good manager and is making a few signings.

Btw, our old reserve, Bradley Orr has moved to QPR(alongside Rambo?)

BBC gossip column linked us to KP Boateng today. Original story from "caughtoffside.com." No quotes or anything, just mentioned it because many on here have said they'd like to see him in black and white.

Newcastle United are rumoured to be interested in making a last gasp bid for Portsmouth attacking midfielder Kevin Prince Boateng. The former Tottenham man is currently a target for Serie A sides Genoa and Lazio but the south coast side is waiting to see which side is willing to offer most for the Ghana international so as to help ease their financial woes.

The talented 23 year old was a big success at the World Cup and may well prefer remaining in the English top flight rather than making a move to either of these Serie A mid table outfits. The Toon army may well be keen to add more creativity to their midfield and are also lining up a loan deal to sign Hatem Ben Arfa.

Chris Hughton is having to operate within a relatively strict financially budget but a move for Boateng would only run to £5-6m at most and given his potential it could be a bargain buy at those prices. Having failed to make an impression in the White Hart Lane first team the German born man was sold to Portsmouth and even though he failed to help the Fratton Park avoid the drop he personally had a decent season last term.

In South Africa he impressed greatly at the heart of the Ghana side who were unlucky to not make it to the Semi Final stage and now he is being offloaded by Pompey as they try to pay off some of their debtors.

From Ghana Web :D

a move for Boateng would only run to £5-6m at most and given his potential it could be a bargain buy at those prices.

:D I hope Pompey aren't pinning their hopes on us at that price. If it was $500-600k there might be a chance of it happening......

Simon Bird seems convinced Joe Hart is going to be confirmed as first choice at Man City - Arsenal apparently trying to get Given on a season-long loan. :D

BBC gossip column linked us to KP Boateng today. Original story from "caughtoffside.com." No quotes or anything, just mentioned it because many on here have said they'd like to see him in black and white.

More fuel to the fire: http://www.corrieredellosport.it/calcio/se...+un%27incognita

I don't speak Italian but I do speak Spanish which is close enough, and if I'm not very mistaken it says "The Ghanaian was a target for Lazio, but surprisingly, Newcastle have made an offer to Portsmouth better than that of the Italian club." Says we've put in an offer of 6 million pounds while Lazio have offered 6.5 mil euros and Genoa, 5 mil euros, and it claims that AC Milan are trying to get Genoa to buy him and then loan him to Milan for the season.