St George's Day

smoggeordie

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From BBC

Everything about Saint George is dubious, so the information below should be taken as mythical rather than real.

Born in Cappadocia, an area which is now in Turkey

Lived in 3rd century AD

His parents were Christian

Later lived in Palestine

Became a Roman soldier

Protested against Rome's persecution of Christians

Imprisoned and tortured, but stayed true to his faith

Beheaded at Lydda in Palestine

23rd April was named as Saint George's day in 1222

Happy Birthday Smoggy btw

Wasn't St George Libyan???

Suggestions I've read this week are that he was either from Palestine or Asia Minor but this was before the Turks as such arivved from an ethnic pov.

Thats a star constillation aint it?

Wasn't St George Libyan???

Suggestions I've read this week are that he was either from Palestine or Asia Minor but this was before the Turks as such arivved from an ethnic pov.

Thats a star constillation aint it?

;) Probably being whooshed like but it's the old name for what is now Turkey. Back then it was Greek though.

Guest Barrack Road
It should be a world holiday, for everything we've given the world, which is more than any cunt else. There should be a thank England day, for giving the world modern life, for OVERALL, giving humanity proper structure, fairness, understanding, and most importantly football. It should be a national holiday in every country in the world imo, today.

Brought back from the edge of lunacy by that clause.

Pipe down. We've done more for the world than anyone. Half the people in the world would be in caves if it wasn't for us.

Aka the Little Dipper. Renton's lass calls him that too, coincidentally.

Getting mixed up with ursa major there Alex.

No, I don't think so ;)

It should be a world holiday, for everything we've given the world, which is more than any cunt else. There should be a thank England day, for giving the world modern life, for OVERALL, giving humanity proper structure, fairness, understanding, and most importantly football. It should be a national holiday in every country in the world imo, today.

Pipe down. We've done more for the world than anyone. Half the people in the world would be in caves if it wasn't for us.

Half the fuckers still should :icon_lol:

Dunno like. the Romans were canny ;)

;)

I recommend this mate....

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...ry+of+the+world

Guest Barrack Road

;)

Well yee would

:icon_lol:

Well yee would

I'll take that as a compliment. ;)

In the 2 million years since our ancestors started thinking ahead of the other animals it's only been about the last 500 or so where Britain (or the area britain occupies) have made much of an impact.

Edited by Happy Face