Greetings from an Ipswich fan

ITFC TWTD

Burglars Dog is good for pub guides.

There's some cracking scarn to be had in town. Personal recommendations for the Raj Tandoori on Pudding Chare and Red Mezze which is very near the ground.

They've taken the reviews down / aren't updating it any more.

Frankie and Bennys! Its great and it opens early!

:razz:

that's just a McDonalds with plastic tits and a fake Gucci handbag

It is like, shite. That and TFI Fridays. All shite. Throw Weatherspoons in there as well. I cant stand these chains that spew out plastic menu's and re-heated food.

Heres the email I sent following a "meal" we had at F&B's.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to let you know about the meal my partner and I had at your Newcastle restaurant a while ago.

Firstly I apologise for the delay in contacting you however we have been a little busy (as per below).

Our first child was born 9 weeks ago and unfortunately needed to be looked after in intensive care for 2 weeks. After a week of enduring hospital food we decided to treat ourselves and braved the snow to make a visit to your Newcastle restaurant.

Terrible is probably the only word that could describe our meal, my pasta was barely passable but nothing more than that. My partner however ordered the spaghetti bolognese (something she had been wanting for a fortnight) and to say it was disappointing would be an understatement.

I'm not quite sure how anyone can get something so basic so badly badly wrong I mean Im no Gordon Ramsay, in fact I'm hardly a Gordon Brown when it comes to the kitchen however even I can knock up a passable concoction of mince, onion, tomates and mushrooms. This however is where Im guessing your chef went wrong. Mushrooms, garlic and onions, they're not expensive but they're vital to a bolognese, dishwater however is not. The plate was awash with water, barely coloured by the minimal amount of tomato in the dish. It looked and tasted like someone had given it their own unique splash of Fairy (see the enclosed photograph which we took to keep the memory alive).

If yourselves are still making your food to the same recipes that were originally devised by the family then I can only assume cousin Mario suffered some terrible childhood accident which left him with no taste buds and an ill developed Right Temporal Lobe which meant he constantly forgot the instruction to "not putta da bloody dishwater in da bolognese!".

I have to be perfectly honest, I never expected a cordon bleu meal at F&B's what I did expect was good Italian home cooking as per your advertisements, Im fairly sure that I could walk into a thousand restaurants, pubs, homes or soup kitchens and find a better bolognese (even on nights theyre not making bolognese).

What worries me most however about the whole experience wasnt the never ending foul taste but the way in which the complaint was dealt with, the overworked waiter was helpful, taking away the plate and informing what I assume was the manageress, I say assume because she wasnt dressed like a manager or made any attempt to communicate with the kitchen, she merely looked the hardest and was sitting at the bar area writing (what I can only hope was her resignation letter). She deigned we would be lucky enough to not pay for something that didnt deserve to be paid for in the first place, no attempt to find out the extent of the problem or to check with the kitchen that more of this crap wasnt going to be served up. It was as if she expected it, that whenever a person orders the bolognese then she had to assume they would complain. Thats not customer service, customer service is checking 2 minutes in that everything is ok, that the food is good, the wine palatable and that the customer does not require anything further.

Customer service is looking after your customers.

So the end result of the day was that I had an average pasta dish which I paid over the odds for, my partner who had spent the last week in hospital eating dried chicken and watery gravy unfortunately was left hungry and desperate to get back to see if there was anything left over in her ward. Still at least I didnt have to pay for her food, result eh? Not in my book, I would have happily paid double to ensure that she had something she enjoyed.

Next time, I'll pay half and goto a restaurant which is capable of cooking Italian food.

;) fuckers

places like that dont give a toss really, justy get you in/served/out as quick as poss, must say that letter was brilliant!!