Greetings from an Ipswich fan

ITFC TWTD

Yo

First off, congrats for gaining promotion and winning the title.

Me and a couple of mates are going to the match Saturday, arriving mid-morning, and we're going to make a day of it, staying over in Gateshead on Saturday night. Needed some advice on a couple of things:

1.Where to eat. Looking for somewhere in the city centre which will be open for a bite to eat around lunchtime. Don't want fast food, but also don't want to break the bank at a 5* Michelin restaurant.

2.Where to drink (before the game and straight after). We wont be wearing colours, but want somewhere relatively friendly considering our broad southern accents, aha. Any suggestions around the ground or near the station are appreciated. Bars or pubs, not bothered.

Thanks in advance, and good luck next season in the Prem.

Regards.

1. Wagamamas. Not far from.....

2. The Haymarket.

What's the Dog Wanker been saying about the game?

Cheers.

I tend not to listen to him, sitting firmly in the Keane-Out camp.

;)

When the only person on your side is L*uise T*ylor, you know you're a Twat.

Bye Bye Royston.

Another good web site which we use for away games is called the Football and Real Ale Guide. It gives maps and suggested pub crawl routes from the train station to the ground for all 92 league clubs - well worth a look

Burglars Dog is good for pub guides.

There's some cracking scarn to be had in town. Personal recommendations for the Raj Tandoori on Pudding Chare and Red Mezze which is very near the ground.

Burglars Dog is good for pub guides.

There's some cracking scarn to be had in town. Personal recommendations for the Raj Tandoori on Pudding Chare and Red Mezze which is very near the ground.

I went to that Red Mezze place the last time I was up, de-fucking-lish.

Frankie and Bennys! Its great and it opens early!

;)

that's just a McDonalds with plastic tits and a fake Gucci handbag

;)

It is like, shite. That and TFI Fridays. All shite. Throw Weatherspoons in there as well. I cant stand these chains that spew out plastic menu's and re-heated food.

;)

It is like, shite. That and TFI Fridays. All shite. Throw Weatherspoons in there as well. I cant stand these chains that spew out plastic menu's and re-heated food.

Some relatives took me and the wife out to Frankie and Bennys the last time we were over in England... How can anyone mess up "American/Italian" food like that?

Didn't try Fridays when I saw it last time I was in Newcastle... I hate that place over here!

I don't remember the name but the chinese we had after the match I went to wasn't bad...

Edited by AmericanMag

Only been to Frankie and Bennys once, was in Edinburgh and tbh it was alright. Mind you, it's hard to get a calzone wrong.

Wetherspoons food is pretty awful, but then you get what you pay for there. Beer and burger is usually decent.

sachins does a good curry

dragon house on stowell street for chinese.

francessca's in jesmond is probably your best bet for a pizza, although a little bit out of the way

pani's on high bridge street if you fancy a cheap and cheerful italian pannini or pasta

cafe 21 if you fancy something a bit more upmarket

I don't remember the name but the chinese we had after the match I went to wasn't bad...

There you go ITFC TWTD, problem solved.

:icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

Sorry, I don't know all of the abbreviations...

;) Just noticed the name of the original poster...

and for the record, if the name is really important, I am sure I have something from my trip that will tell the name. It was upstairs if that helps :nufc:

There was also a persian restaurant I went to while I was in Newcastle... forgot the name of that one too! :icon_lol:

Edited by AmericanMag

Yo

First off, congrats for gaining promotion and winning the title.

Me and a couple of mates are going to the match Saturday, arriving mid-morning, and we're going to make a day of it, staying over in Gateshead on Saturday night. Needed some advice on a couple of things:

1.Where to eat. Looking for somewhere in the city centre which will be open for a bite to eat around lunchtime. Don't want fast food, but also don't want to break the bank at a 5* Michelin restaurant.

2.Where to drink (before the game and straight after). We wont be wearing colours, but want somewhere relatively friendly considering our broad southern accents, aha. Any suggestions around the ground or near the station are appreciated. Bars or pubs, not bothered.

Thanks in advance, and good luck next season in the Prem.

Regards.

For pubs it is pretty difficult to go wrong. Unless you were very unlucky or doing something daft you really shouldn't get any hassle. Personally I'd recommend pretty much anywhere in Haymarket / Gallowgate. Crows Nest / Hotspur / Three Bulls / Percy Arms / Newcastle Arms / Rosies. Personally recommend the Hotspur - small traditional pub - plenty of screens with football on - great real ale - dead friendly .......and absolutely rammed. Then again everywhere will be. Enjoy!