Liverpool up for sale

Sonatine

Skybet has O'Neill and King Kenny as the two favourites, 6/4 and 5/2 respectively.

William Hill has O'Neill (9/4), they Woy Hodgson (5/2)

Paddypower has it Dalglish (9/4) then O'Neill (5/2).

Sadly for for the Shadefruede Squad Ince is either 66/1 or 150/1. Keegan is as low as 12/1 at Ladbrokes.

So if the bookies are right, it is between O'Neill, Dalglish and Woy. Whilst O'Neill may have been a bit off with Lerner recently, I can't see him going to Liverpool with the mess they're in. Dalglish is probably enjoying the golf course, and would be an odd choice given his long time away from the game. That leaves Woy, who may see it as a last shot at a 'big' club before he retires.

I know who I'm hoping for.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skybet has O'Neill and King Kenny as the two favourites, 6/4 and 5/2 respectively.

William Hill has O'Neill (9/4), they Woy Hodgson (5/2)

Paddypower has it Dalglish (9/4) then O'Neill (5/2).

Sadly for for the Shadefruede Squad Ince is either 66/1 or 150/1. Keegan is as low as 12/1 at Ladbrokes.

So if the bookies are right, it is between O'Neill, Dalglish and Woy. Whilst O'Neill may have been a bit off with Lerner recently, I can't see him going to Liverpool with the mess they're in. Dalglish is probably enjoying the golf course, and would be an odd choice given his long time away from the game. That leaves Woy, who may see it as a last shot at a 'big' club before he retires.

I know who I'm hoping for.

How about another former Blackburn manager, Mark Hughes? If I was a Liverpool fan I wouldn't say no.

Hughes would be a great manager for Liverpool, and i think he's grown up enough to put the whole Man U thing to one side. Not sure about the fans though, who show themselves to be as bigger muppets than Gary Neville over that subject at times. Mark would have achieved what Mancini did at the Council House, but was sacked because of that cunt Gary Cook wanting a glamourous foreign name. He is a good manager who ballsed up by moving to Man City at the wrong time, when they were just removing Thakasin for some impatient Arab guys who don't have a clue about growing a club long term.

Anyway, I thought you'd all like a laugh. This picture apparently shows the fans' reaction to Rafa's exit. And they say you Geordies get carried away............

FBK95iDAdr.jpg

Edited by Billy Castell

I thought Hughes was nothing special at Man City, he seemed to be out of his depth as well. How much did he buy Santa Cruz for again? ;)

Plus he's a massive cunt who thought he was the dog's bollocks.

He could have become your manager at one point if we had let him. I think it was when Sam was sacked. He's best operating on a limited budget, where he has to find hidden gems. He's not the sort who does best when the club has infinate money, and the demand for instant results. He dropped a bollock over Santa Cruz though (not that I'm complaining).

Edited by Billy Castell

I thought Hughes was nothing special at Man City, he seemed to be out of his depth as well. How much did he buy Santa Cruz for again? ;)

He had that 'out of my depth' look in his little piggy eyes tbs.

Booooo!!!! I wanted him to stay, as he was doing such a good job (in making Liverpool average). I can't for the life of me think why Inter Milan would want him. He'd spend all their money on mediocrity , and never play attacking football regardless of the opposition.

in a nutshell.

Managers all live or die on their record in the transfer market. Apart from the fantastic Torres, all of his big buys have not been worth it, and what I really don't like about the bloke is his constant whinging for more money.

I thought Hughes was nothing special at Man City, he seemed to be out of his depth as well. How much did he buy Santa Cruz for again? :angry:

Hughes always reminds me of Luther from The Warriors.

luther-warriors.gif

mark-hughes_1215949c.jpg

Pair of twunts

What a bunch of fucking mugs LFC are. Spent £6m (that they don't have) to get rid of him, haven't they? :angry:

Rafael Benitez agrees to become Inter Milan coach

Inter Milan have announced that former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has agreed to become the club's new coach.

"We've got an agreement, we finalised the last details that in any case weren't important," Inter president Massimo Moratti told ANSA news agency.

Moratti said Benitez would be presented as the new coach on Tuesday, adding: "All we need is a counter-signature."

Benitez, 50, left Liverpool last week after six years at Anfield and will succeed Jose Mourinho at the San Siro.

The Spaniard has a strong track record in European football, having won the Champions League with Liverpool in 2005 and the Uefa Cup with Valencia in 2004.

But he would have big shoes to fill at Inter, with Mourinho winning the league in both seasons he was at the club, not to mention securing the Champions League and Italian Cup last season.

And before Mourinho's spell at the club, Inter won three consecutive titles under Manchester City's current manager Roberto Mancini.

Towards the end of last season, Benitez was strongly linked with a move to Inter's rivals Juventus, but since his departure from Anfield he became the subject of speculation suggesting a move to the San Siro was imminent.

Even Argentina midfielder Javier Mascherano, one of his former players at Liverpool, suggested that the Spaniard would be the ideal fit for Inter.

"Only Benitez could take the place of a coach like Mourinho," said Mascherano.

"He is a great coach. He has charisma, personality, a winning mentality.

"Moreover, he will find himself brilliantly in Italy because of the tactical game. Rafa studies everything on the table and directs the team from the bench like an orchestra conductor.

"After Mourinho, he is the only man capable of continuing Inter's winning run."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8724605.stm

Torres for Inter then?

Jesus, Liverpool could have had compensation yet they've spent their transfer kitty getting rid of him! Wise moves you clowns! :angry:

Torres for Inter then?

Jesus, Liverpool could have had compensation yet they've spent their transfer kitty getting rid of him! Wise moves you clowns! :angry:

that'd be liverpool fucked then wouldnt it

gerrard to real, torres to inter, mascherano to barca

Torres for Inter then?

It's baffling on Mike Ashley proportions, the Inter interest was known long before he was paid off, even a nominal fee would have saved them £6m! <_<

Torres for Inter then?

It's baffling on Mike Ashley proportions, the Inter interest was known long before he was paid off, even a nominal fee would have saved them £6m! ;)

Scousers are convinced that they must have someone lined up. Our lasses Dad reckons 'King Kenny' will take over for 12 months with a view to being permanent in an attempt to re-unite the club and fans once again under dodgy ownership resulting in the good times returning.

When I said that's akin to us bringing Keegan back in 2008, he reckons it's a totally different kettle of fish! <_<

Seriously though I reckon Gerrard has already gone (more personal than anything to do with football) and Mascherano sounds like his bigging up Inter Milan which can mean only one thing in my mind.

And I don't think Torres will stay for 5 mins without those two. Benitez going has right-royally fucked them IMO.

Torres for Inter then?

It's baffling on Mike Ashley proportions, the Inter interest was known long before he was paid off, even a nominal fee would have saved them £6m! ;)

Scousers are convinced that they must have someone lined up. Our lasses Dad reckons 'King Kenny' will take over for 12 months with a view to being permanent in an attempt to re-unite the club and fans once again under dodgy ownership resulting in the good times returning.

When I said that's akin to us bringing Keegan back in 2008, he reckons it's a totally different kettle of fish! <_<

Seriously though I reckon Gerrard has already gone (more personal than anything to do with football) and Mascherano sounds like his bigging up Inter Milan which can mean only one thing in my mind.

And I don't think Torres will stay for 5 mins without those two. Benitez going has right-royally fucked them IMO.

what was his argument for that?

Torres for Inter then?

are you sitting down......

Dalglish delivered titles to Liverpool and Blackburn and is only one of 5 managers who've won the Premier League - Keegan didn't with Newcastle. ;)

I did point out that it's almost 20 years since he managed Liverpool but it didn't really register.

Torres for Inter then?

are you sitting down......

Dalglish delivered titles to Liverpool and Blackburn and is only one of 5 managers who've won the Premier League - Keegan didn't with Newcastle. ;)

I did point out that it's almost 20 years since he managed Liverpool but it didn't really register.

christ thats bad

Oh and I pointed out that the footballing world (Liverpool included) referred to us as 'deluded Geordies' for wanting Keegan back. He didn't share my view that the same 'footballing world' would have similar sentiments about them wanting Dalglish back.

Guest The Three Lions
What a bunch of fucking mugs LFC are. Spent £6m (that they don't have) to get rid of him, haven't they? :angry:

Rafael Benitez agrees to become Inter Milan coach

Inter Milan have announced that former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has agreed to become the club's new coach.

"We've got an agreement, we finalised the last details that in any case weren't important," Inter president Massimo Moratti told ANSA news agency.

Moratti said Benitez would be presented as the new coach on Tuesday, adding: "All we need is a counter-signature."

Benitez, 50, left Liverpool last week after six years at Anfield and will succeed Jose Mourinho at the San Siro.

The Spaniard has a strong track record in European football, having won the Champions League with Liverpool in 2005 and the Uefa Cup with Valencia in 2004.

But he would have big shoes to fill at Inter, with Mourinho winning the league in both seasons he was at the club, not to mention securing the Champions League and Italian Cup last season.

And before Mourinho's spell at the club, Inter won three consecutive titles under Manchester City's current manager Roberto Mancini.

Towards the end of last season, Benitez was strongly linked with a move to Inter's rivals Juventus, but since his departure from Anfield he became the subject of speculation suggesting a move to the San Siro was imminent.

Even Argentina midfielder Javier Mascherano, one of his former players at Liverpool, suggested that the Spaniard would be the ideal fit for Inter.

"Only Benitez could take the place of a coach like Mourinho," said Mascherano.

"He is a great coach. He has charisma, personality, a winning mentality.

"Moreover, he will find himself brilliantly in Italy because of the tactical game. Rafa studies everything on the table and directs the team from the bench like an orchestra conductor.

"After Mourinho, he is the only man capable of continuing Inter's winning run."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8724605.stm

If I was Rafa I'd have held out for the £16m he was entitled to. He always went on about the special Liverpool fans, fuckin honestly the injustice of life, the difference between us and them is night and day. Fuck Liverpool ugliest fans in Europe, all 5ft5 looking like uglier versions of Irish with fringes.

Oh and I pointed out that the footballing world (Liverpool included) referred to us as 'deluded Geordies' for wanting Keegan back. He didn't share my view that the same 'footballing world' would have similar sentiments about them wanting Dalglish back.

hes right about that to be fair, lots of media love for liverpool

there was barely a mention of them protesting the board in the street if our fans had done that on a similar scale it would have been everywhere