Liverpool up for sale

Sonatine

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tuco Ramirez
It really wouldn't surprise if they end up falling on their feet, if not with this lot then with some other buyer.

You're right. It's pretty sick like, but I really hope they go bust, cant happen but it would be lovely if it did. It's sick taking satisfaction from other people's pain, but I remember the season before we went down, and we were in trouble, we lost 3-0 at Anfield, and the only song they sung all day was "going down going down going down" and they took great delight in it too.

It really wouldn't surprise if they end up falling on their feet, if not with this lot then with some other buyer.

You're right. It's pretty sick like, but I really hope they go bust, cant happen but it would be lovely if it did. It's sick taking satisfaction from other people's pain, but I remember the season before we went down, and we were in trouble, we lost 3-0 at Anfield, and the only song they sung all day was "going down going down going down" and they took great delight in it too.

They don't bother me that much more the gloryseekers to be honest and the sympathetic media they get regarding their unhappiness at the Yanks compared to us ungrateful twats being pissed off with Ashley/Llambias.

It's not entirely clear that this deal won't unravel and then the fog thickens.

They don't bother me that much more the gloryseekers to be honest and the sympathetic media they get regarding their unhappiness at the Yanks compared to us ungrateful twats being pissed off with Ashley/Llambias.

That fucks me off like. What is funny though is that when they took over the media were all the new owners like a rash, going on about how they 'understood the history / standing of the club" and all that guff.

That fucks me off like. What is funny though is that when they took over the media were all the new owners like a rash, going on about how they 'understood the history / standing of the club" and all that guff.

They're doing the same with this Red Sox crowd aren't they?

The Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks is determined to fight to hang on to control of the club after refusing to recognise the chairman Martin Broughton's authority.

Broughton, appointed in April to oversee the sale, revealed yesterday that Hicks attempted to sack the managing director, Christian Purslow, and commercial director Ian Ayre and install his own people in order to block a £300m deal with New England Sports Ventures (NESV).

That was blocked by Broughton, who insists Hicks signed agreements not to oppose the sale when the club received an extension to their refinancing deal with Royal Bank of Scotland earlier this year. Hicks and co-owner George Gillett stand to lose a total of £144m if the NESV deal goes through.

Hicks's New York-based spokesman Mark Semer said that Broughton's claim was disputed by the Americans. "There were no such undertakings given to Broughton, the board has been legally reconstituted, and the new board does not approve of this proposed transaction," Semer told Bloomberg News.

After rejecting the attempted coup, which would have seen Hicks's son Mack and Lori McCutcheon, of Hicks Holdings, replace Purslow and Ayre, Broughton continued with the conference call board meeting even though Hicks had put the phone down.

The chairman is confident he and the other two England-based members of the board have acted appropriately but they will not be able to have that confirmed until the issue is thrashed out in court next week."

:(

They're doing the same with this Red Sox crowd aren't they?

I've sort of avoided reading too many of the details to be perfectly honest as I never believe these takeover stories until they're done and dusted, going off past experience.

Broughton continued with the conference call board meeting even though Hicks had put the phone down.

:(

Hicks comes across as a man of supreme arrogance who hasn't got the first clue of what he should be doing to satisify his custom.

Never thought I'd bring myself to say this but he makes Mike Ashley seem tame.

I don't think we have much to laugh about. Fat Mike and his cronies are every bit as bad at running a club and considering the fans than the worst owners out there.

Liverpool won't get relegated regardless of who is in charge but there's a good chance we will.

What makes you happy sniffer? seriously, you're like a cautionary tale.

I hope Liverpool get fucked over, I doubt they'll get relegated, but I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped out of the top 5 places and became a mid-table club for a while.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Why? Because I look at things realistically?
Prozac.jpg

I can't decide if it's depression, or that dour Yorkshireness that gets bred in to you all from cradle to grave.