Liverpool up for sale

Sonatine

My Fulham supporting mate is worried once Woy goes they will be starring at relegation.

Schwarzer will go, Hangeland, Pantsil (who has had a decent WC) and Demsey will all be targets of bids and they don't have a decent, consistent striker.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Fulham supporting mate is worried once Woy goes they will be starring at relegation.

Schwarzer will go, Hangeland, Pantsil (who has had a decent WC) and Demsey will all be targets of bids and they don't have a decent, consistent striker.

I know he wasn't as consistent in the PL as the europa league but Gera has impressed me on the whole since joining, would be a decent squad player for Liverpool if Hodgson goes for him.

I know he wasn't as consistent in the PL as the europa league but Gera has impressed me on the whole since joining, would be a decent squad player for Liverpool if Hodgson goes for him.

Possibly. I always thought he had potential at West Brom but according to the same mate, it took Gera an age to settle at Fulham. Seems stupid to let Bennayoun go and then pay to replace him with a player half as good.

Schwarzer has as good as joined Arsenal anyway, hasn't he? Thought Fulham were lining up David James as his replacement?

Schwarzer has as good as joined Arsenal anyway, hasn't he? Thought Fulham were lining up David James as his replacement?

Thing with Schwarzer is it's easier for his mistakes to go unnoticed at Fulham whereas the likes of Almunia and Fabianski have every error highlighted and scrutinized, I don't think he's much of an upgrade for Arsenal basically and he's nearly 38 too.

Thing with Schwarzer is it's easier for his mistakes to go unnoticed at Fulham whereas the likes of Almunia and Fabianski have every error highlighted and scrutinized, I don't think he's much of an upgrade for Arsenal basically and he's nearly 38 too.

Agreed, Fabianski really is shit though

...and Fulham will replace a 38 year old with an older man! :D

...and Fulham will replace a 38 year old with an older man! :rolleyes:

Probably but if you ask Fulham fans they attribute part of their rise in fortunes to Schwarzer's performance.

Don't get me wrong, as an Australian I was always worried when he played for our country back when he was at the smoggies but since he moved to Fulham he's been a far more assured keeper.

Maybe the air is cleaner in London :D

...and Fulham will replace a 38 year old with an older man! :D

you saying that got me thinking, average age of first choice PL goalkeepers

Arsenal 33

Aston Villa 39

Birmingham 27

Blackburn 30

Blackpool 29

Bolton 35

Chelsea 28

Everton 31

Fulham 37

Liverpool 27

Man city 34

Man utd 39

Newcastle 35

Stoke 34

Sunderland 27

Tottenham 29

West Brom 24

West Ham 30

Wigan 29

Wolves 38

thats all the teams and the age of their No 1 keepers, the average age is nearly 32 and thats brought down a bit by scott carson cause WBA came up and Portsmouth with David james went down

...and Fulham will replace a 38 year old with an older man! :rolleyes:

you saying that got me thinking, average age of first choice PL goalkeepers

Arsenal 33

Aston Villa 39

Birmingham 27

Blackburn 30

Blackpool 29

Bolton 35

Chelsea 28

Everton 31

Fulham 37

Liverpool 27

Man city 34

Man utd 39

Newcastle 35

Stoke 34

Sunderland 27

Tottenham 29

West Brom 24

West Ham 30

Wigan 29

Wolves 38

thats all the teams and the age of their No 1 keepers, the average age is nearly 32 and thats brought down a bit by scott carson cause WBA came up and Portsmouth with David james went down

Yeah, theyre able to go on far longer now when they keep themselves fit, and the likes of Friedel and James only really hit their peak in their early-mid 30s, it's hard to see Friedel or james retiring for any reason other than lethargy or wanting to let the younger keepers having go as they seem to be in fairly good shape.

Funny how goalkeeper age demographs are being discussed in a thread about the possible sale of Liverpool :D

Hart was number one last season so would have brought it down slightly also.

true, only a year younger than carson though

edit: it surprised me how old Ben Foster is too, 27 thought he was similar to Joe Hart agewise

Edited by Andrew

Roy Hodgson leaves Fulham to become Liverpool manager

Roy Hodgson has been named Liverpool's new manager after signing a three-year contract with the Anfield club.

The 62-year-old will oversee Liverpool's first day of pre-season training on Thursday before being unveiled to the media.

"This is the biggest job in club football and I'm honoured to be taking on Britain's most successful football club," Hodgson told the club's website.

He joins from Fulham, where he had been in charge since December 2007.

Hodgson succeeds Rafael Benitez, who left Liverpool by mutual consent at the start of June and is now manager of European champions Inter Milan.

Hodgson's exploits with Fulham last season, which included wins over Juventus and Wolfsburg en route to the Europa League final, earned him the League Managers Association manager of the year award in May.

n his first full season he took Fulham to seventh in the Premier League, their highest finish and a place in the Europa League.

Liverpool moved quickly after Hodgson was linked to the England managerial job after the team's World Cup failure.

Hodgson has extensive domestic and international managerial experience across Europe, including spells in charge of Blackburn Rovers and Switzerland, who he guided to the last 16 of the 1994 World Cup.

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill, former Real Madrid coach Manuel Pellegrini, ex-Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink, Croatia coach Slaven Bilic and former Manchester City manager Mark Hughes had all been linked with the Liverpool post.

But it is thought that Hodgson was always the club's preferred candidate.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ool/8721942.stm

Think Woy will do a good job.

Might actually like them this season. :lol:

I doubt they will spend much and he is very good at getting the best out of players so I reckon you might be right. The best they can probably hope for at the moment.

Think Woy will do a good job.

Might actually like them this season. :lol:

wouldnt go that far but I do hope for the best for Hodgson, good bloke and one of the few english managers (or people in english football in general) who bothered to get out into europe and learn a bit more about the game from outside of the island mentality in english football

• 2 months later...
Guest Tuco Ramirez

As I mentioned many times, Liverpool fans are the worst in football, Champions League as recently ago as 18 months, just over 17,000 home fans could be arsed to go last night at TEN POUND a ticket. They'd get 20,000 if they had our recent past, the fans are deserting them, there was never a need for a new stadium, 45,000 is probably too big for them as it is.

Once their worldwide appeal goes, what have they got? Serious question, they've got Torres, Gerrard and Reina of any worth, an impossible mountain of debt, and no money for new players. Shame.