Liverpool up for sale

Sonatine

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£5m budget, £3m+ going to Rafa...

Looks like Torres and Gerrard are going to have to go ;)

Odds of us finishing above Liverpool next season?

Guest Barrack Road

Breaking news on SKY SPORTS he's leaving in the next two days. Take away the CL win, he's not been brilliant considering the money he's spent. However, I've always regarded Liverpool as an overachieving club.

Breaking news on SKY SPORTS he's leaving in the next two days. Take away the CL win, he's not been brilliant considering the money he's spent. However, I've always regarded Liverpool as an overachieving club.

when you look at what they did in the 70s and 80s, they've underachieved since, surely?

Guest Barrack Road

when you look at what they did in the 70s and 80s, they've underachieved since, surely?

When you look at what they did before Shankly came they've overachieved. They're 1/10th of Man Utd in size of club, local fanbase, worldwide fanbase, area etc etc.... in my view and they have a similar trophy haul, which emphasises my point.

It's not about that anyway, the Spanish waiter has left the building, where ever he goes I hope they like watching defensive football.

Booooo!!!! I wanted him to stay, as he was doing such a good job (in making Liverpool average). I can't for the life of me think why Inter Milan would want him. He'd spend all their money on mediocrity, and never play attacking football regardless of the opposition.

it would be class if it all went tits up at liverpool, not least because my brother is the classic glory supporting liverpool fan that grew up in the 80s. i had to suffer his gloating for years while newcastle stuggled

Always been too defensive.

Guest Barrack Road

The game that's featured on "Goal!" where Robert scores the free kick, but they super impose Santi's boat on him, that game we won 1-0. We were absolutely shit that season, but that game Liverpool were worse, they defended for 90 minutes against a poor bottom ten side, they had Baros up front more or less on his own, Gerrard missed a sitter in the last minute but they deservedly lost. I thought what a shit manager he was then, yet 8 weeks later they're champions of Europe. I think he's been very lucky. He inherited a good side at Valencia and a reasonable one at the dippers. Some of signings oh dear. Josemi, N'Gog, the Spanish full back who's surname begins with C and many others, oh dear.

Guest alex
2 Champions League finals in all fairness, winning one of them. I could hack that. ;)

Won the FA Cup as well. You do get the feeling he's lost the plot though.

Guest The Three Lions
2 Champions League finals in all fairness, winning one of them. I could hack that. ;)

Still a cunt and cunts though.

Rafa`s Pay-Off Email Intercepted...

To: Montgomery Q Transfat Esquire

Subject: That goddamn Spanish coach guy

Montgomery,

I got no more good feeling toward you than our hometown chapter of the NRA done did have for President Osama when he announced his Communist healthcare schemes, but we all gotta work together on this Monsieur Benitez thing. We need shot of that guy like yesterday: there ain't room for more'n two clowns in any one rodeo, and this guy's hogging all the greasepaint and shiny pants.

I've offered him three million in Brit money to take a hike. I said to him: three million now, or cool his heels for two weeks and get 16 million. Boom. That's how we play hardball, Texas style, you pasta-eating surrender monkey. He just starts laughing in that queer high-pitched way the Krauts have and talking about facts and net spends.

I tell't him right to his face there and then. I got one word to say to you. Just one word. He says: "Plastics?" I say not plastics you goddamn asshat. The word I'm gonna say to you is "inflation". So you go away and think about it and see how you like that three million Britpounds in a week's time when it ain't worth more'n a Georgia gal's cherry when the fleet's in town.

I tell you Montgomery old pal, when the whole European Economic Area has collapsed into the goddamn Pacific and Senora Benitez is getting it up the keister from some penniless Greek shipping tycoon at Real Inter Madrid or whatever the hell they call it, he'll be damn sorry. And as sure as shit we ain't bailin' them Eurofags out this time, not after the Marshall Plan and our very generous debt-leveraged takeover of their soccerball franchises.

When he finally goes, we're gonna need us a new head coach. I've done the numbers and it don't look too bad. Way I see it, our options of what we (i.e. the overdraft!) can afford are these:

1) Cousin Freddie, if we can persuade him to come down off the goat farm.

2) Nobody.

3) Some fat guy name of Sammy Lee that they keep in a Boot Room, whatever in the hell that is. Good Southern family name, and he most likely already got his own cowboy boots, but all in all I'm reckoning option 2) is the way to go.

We gotta put this behind us and move on, Montgomery, and get back to where we was. I had a dream. I had a dream for this football club that one day I would pound it harder than Uncle Cleetus done that college boy when he caught him looking at his pick-up truck funny, and then walk on out with a great big ole chunk of someone else's change. And that bastard Benitez has stolen my dream, Monty. He's stolen my goddamn dream.

Intercepted by Alan Tyers

;)

Confirmed.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez leaves by mutual consent

Liverpool have announced manager Rafael Benitez has left the club by mutual consent after six years in charge.

Benitez, 50, replaced Gerard Houllier as Liverpool manager in June 2004 and guided them to Champions League success the following season.

But last season they made an early exit from the Champions League and only finished seventh in the Premier League.

Managing director Christian Purslow and former manager Kenny Dalglish are to begin the search for a replacement.

The club says there is no timeframe for an appointment, and will make no further comment until a new manager has been appointed.

Benitez said he was "extremely sad" to be leaving the club.

"I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool," he told the club website.

"I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Newly-appointed club chairman Martin Broughton thanked Benitez for his efforts, but said it was time for a new era.

"Rafa will forever be part of Liverpool folklore after bringing home the Champions League following the epic final in Istanbul but after a disappointing season both parties felt a fresh start would be best for all concerned,' he said.

More to follow

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ool/8719210.stm

The game that's featured on "Goal!" where Robert scores the free kick, but they super impose Santi's boat on him, that game we won 1-0. We were absolutely shit that season, but that game Liverpool were worse, they defended for 90 minutes against a poor bottom ten side, they had Baros up front more or less on his own, Gerrard missed a sitter in the last minute but they deservedly lost. I thought what a shit manager he was then, yet 8 weeks later they're champions of Europe. I think he's been very lucky. He inherited a good side at Valencia and a reasonable one at the dippers. Some of signings oh dear. Josemi, N'Gog, the Spanish full back who's surname begins with C and many others, oh dear.

He spent £229 million ;)

He spent £229 million ;)

A net spend of £122m though, spread over 6 years isn't that bad.