Barney

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ratings anyone?

What were the goals like?

MOM?

Massive deflection. Was crossing to Carrol when it hit the defender and went in. Good skill pre goal tho.

Fantastic cross from Guthrie and just a touch from Carrol popped it in.

Good work from Jonas to set up Nolan for a cool control before rounding the keeper.

Routledge nice run and finish.

Havent seen the highlights yet but Nolans goal appeared to epitomise just how shite this league is, from the Leazes it appeared like he had all the time in the world and nobody bothered to try and tackle him.

Good game though, I didnt think Blackpool were as crap as some have made out, they were nowhere near us but at times gave us a game and pushed for the goal.

Still cant understand Hughtons substitution though.

Oh and what was all the commotion about when Barton was warming up? Seemed like half the West Stand were going mental or up and nebbing.

Guest Barrack Road

I went to watch the national came back and missed the third goal. I left the ground thinking we'd won 3-1 cos I thought the people next to me were winding me up that we'd scored while I was gone.

I was very disappointed by Blackpool on and off the pitch to be honest, another case of a side caught in the headlights at St James'. Guthrie was excellent I thought kept the ball moving well, another goal from Spiderman and the Routledge doubters can pipe down, excellent goal if he can reproduce this form in the Premiership we'll have a real gem on our hands.

Havent seen the highlights yet but Nolans goal appeared to epitomise just how shite this league is, from the Leazes it appeared like he had all the time in the world and nobody bothered to try and tackle him.

Good game though, I didnt think Blackpool were as crap as some have made out, they were nowhere near us but at times gave us a game and pushed for the goal.

Still cant understand Hughtons substitution though.

Oh and what was all the commotion about when Barton was warming up? Seemed like half the West Stand were going mental or up and nebbing.

Your right about Nolans goal Pud.

He walked it into the net.

The commotion was a mystery- it seemed to be between a steward and 3 of the crowd. Head stewards and coppers all got involved but no-one was hoyed out, so I can only assume it was handbags.

For once, I'd agree with the selection of Gutierrez as MOTM.

Their keeper stopped a cricket score in the 2nd half.

I went to watch the national came back and missed the third goal. I left the ground thinking we'd won 3-1 cos I thought the people next to me were winding me up that we'd scored while I was gone.

I was very disappointed by Blackpool on and off the pitch to be honest, another case of a side caught in the headlights at St James'. Guthrie was excellent I thought kept the ball moving well, another goal from Spiderman and the Routledge doubters can pipe down, excellent goal if he can reproduce this form in the Premiership we'll have a real gem on our hands.

Can't believe they were a side needing to come here and get something for their playoff chances, can you? They were terrible.

Can't believe they were a side needing to come here and get something for their playoff chances, can you? They were terrible.

+1

was talking to some of their fans on the way in, they honestly believed they'd win...

Woooah can we just roll this back? You went to watch a horse race while your club needed your support.

Get yourself a house in Jarrow lad and hang your head in shame.

Woooah can we just roll this back? You went to watch a horse race while your club needed your support.

:lol::)B)

Guest Barrack Road

:lol: There must've been 300 people round the telly!

Didnt fucking happen in the NE corner thats all I'll say.

Although we did have a young couple who wandered in at the 40min point looking for their seats. :)

Guest Barrack Road

Didnt fucking happen in the NE corner thats all I'll say.

Although we did have a young couple who wandered in at the 40min point looking for their seats. :)

Well in Level 7 like I say was at least 300 round my telly, I was stood next to that Omar who writes in the Chronicle every week - his views of the games and what not.

Guest Barrack Road

Drink and the match oh dear. I've just read the match report on nufc.com, 1) I can't remember Coloccini going off 2) I thought Ryan Taylor was playing centre midfield 3) who went centre half when Colo went off, Simpson? That's a disgrace I can remember none of that. Next season, no drink at the games, by the time I get home I can't even remember the goals these days.

Drink and the match oh dear. I've just read the match report on nufc.com, 1) I can't remember Coloccini going off 2) I thought Ryan Taylor was playing centre midfield 3) who went centre half when Colo went off, Simpson? That's a disgrace I can remember none of that. Next season, no drink at the games, by the time I get home I can't even remember the goals these days.

Might not be a problem next year......Stick to the drink :lol:

Guest Barrack Road
Colo never went off, we had 3 subs

Ameobi for Simpson, Taylor for Kadar and Barton for Nolan.

Well that proves I'm not getting full blown Alzheimers at least. Ryan Taylor was centre midfield for a bit, or did I imagine that?

Substitutes:

Ryan Taylor for Coloccini (37)

Barton for Nolan (69)

Ameobi for Simpson (75)