Tim Krul v Steve Harper

Kevin

Who would you prefer  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would like to see Krul or Forster given the number 1 shirt but i honestly think CH will stick with Harps for one more season.

Id be happy with that, if that was the case id like to see Krul start every FA CUP game and Forster every League Cup match.

Thing is, theoretically Forster has more 1st team experience and should be ahead of Krul, but the fact he was loaned out and Krul our number 2 suggests otherwise.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be nice to give Krul a couple of games towards the end of the season if we are all ready up.

Same with Kadar.

Id like that to happen.

Then again i want to see us win the CCC so wouldnt take any chances.

Love these polls.......

28 votes......13 for Krul, 13 for Harper, 2 for.........

Told you already, I couldn't choose so I went for a null vote. I guess someone else did the same <_<

Love these polls.......

Told you already, I couldn't choose so I went for a null vote. I guess someone else did the same :aye:

first sign of old age ... "on the one hand but on the other......." <_<

Love these polls.......

Told you already, I couldn't choose so I went for a null vote. I guess someone else did the same :aye:

Christ, don't you read anything properly? I said I didn't think either of them were up to it. :icon_lol:

Love these polls.......

Christ, don't you read anything properly? I said I didn't think either of them were up to it. :icon_lol:

lack of decisiveness dear boy - one must be better than the other shirley???

Love these polls.......

Told you already, I couldn't choose so I went for a null vote. I guess someone else did the same :icon_lol:

Christ, don't you read anything properly? I said I didn't think either of them were up to it. :aye:

lack of decisiveness dear boy - one must be better than the other shirley???

How about you go back and read the question sunshine :aye:

I dont know how anyone can pick Krul over Harper after only seeing him play a few times.

Because he just looks so good and different to what we are used to. The way he commands the box and distribution look first class.

He just looks so energetic which is also his one weakness, however once he calms down a tad he will be the finished article IMO

If we are not careful he will be away.

I dont know how anyone can pick Krul over Harper after only seeing him play a few times.

Cos Harper made a mistake on Saturday so he must be shit.

And last night <_<

Because he just looks so good and different to what we are used to. The way he commands the box and distribution look first class.

He just looks so energetic which is also his one weakness, however once he calms down a tad he will be the finished article IMO

No offence intended but you're the last person I'd take footballing advice from. <_<

on that, I hope harper can manage more throws like he did for jonas' run and shot off the post

absolutely pinpoint throw out that nearly got us a goal, we need it more

Would be nice to give Krul a couple of games towards the end of the season if we are all ready up.

Same with Kadar.

yes. Now is the time to play some of these players, it encourages them too which is what you want.

• 8 months later...
Harper made his return last night for the reserves.

Should be regain his No.1 status again when fully fit?

No, if Krul had struggled you'd expect the senior keeper to get back in, but when theres little between them and Krul is young and getting better with time and confidence and is clearly going to be much better down the line IMO then he has to stay in the team.

No, but he will.

I was thinking today on issues liek this, how much has Pardew watched of our team and what will be the advice he gets from Pedro and Stone. I actualyl hope he phones Hughton because he is such a top bloke he would offer any help asked for i bet.

My worry is he goes for the "obvious" and experienced choices and the absolutely frightening situation will be when it coems to good old English battler Smith against "unkown" foreigner Tiote. Things like this will come down to what Pedro and the like tell him and if he's stupid enough to think the likes of Smith should be in the team!

Im a big Krul fan but and whilst he's done ok, he hasnt done as well as I thought he would when he got his chance.

Like most part of his game but the shot stopping that we got so used to under with Given, hasnt really materialised in his game as yet. (and yes I know he has made a few good saves).

Having said all that, he should still keep his place as he offers far more than Harper who is far too static.

I would have also thought that it was still too soon for Harper anyway.

No, but he will.

I was thinking today on issues liek this, how much has Pardew watched of our team and what will be the advice he gets from Pedro and Stone. I actualyl hope he phones Hughton because he is such a top bloke he would offer any help asked for i bet.

My worry is he goes for the "obvious" and experienced choices and the absolutely frightening situation will be when it coems to good old English battler Smith against "unkown" foreigner Tiote. Things like this will come down to what Pedro and the like tell him and if he's stupid enough to think the likes of Smith should be in the team!

Think he will listen more to Nolan as Captain, particularly because he needs to get the players on side. We all know our best team anyway so its really just a case of who's fit.

Once the Liverpool game is out the way, it will interesting to see what he does with the likes of Vuckic.

Im also sure he has being studying the back catalogue of every one of our games over the last 6 weeks.