Google animal translate

peasepud

Guest Barrack Road

Some cunt at my work tried to get me with an April fools of that :D

Animal translate hehe oh dear.

I got him first though on the internal messaging service today

CD 14:15> it will be good to have a while to try new things in the championship to get the team organised for the premiership

CD 14:15> treating your last games like friendlies

Steve 14:15> did you hear about eric cantona making a return to flight football with wigan next season, hes a bit old but i reckon he could still do it

CD 14:16> that's exciting!!! He must be 45 now?????? I love King Eric even though I hate United, there'll be such a media focus!!!

Steve 14:16> april fools you mug :icon_lol::):lol::):):)

CD 14:17> Lol, you got me!!!

They just keep getting better n better do google.

http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/landing/translateforanimals/

:D

EDIT: in the same vein

"Man arrested at Large Hadron Collider claims he's from the future

By Nick Hide on 01 April 2010, 10:33am

A would-be saboteur arrested today at the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland made the bizarre claim that he was from the future. Eloi Cole, a strangely dressed young man, said that he had travelled back in time to prevent the LHC from destroying the world.

The LHC successfully collided particles at record force earlier this week, a milestone Mr Cole was attempting to disrupt by stopping supplies of Mountain Dew to the experiment's vending machines. He also claimed responsibility for the infamous baguette sabotage in November last year.

Mr Cole was seized by Swiss police after CERN security guards spotted him rooting around in bins. He explained that he was looking for fuel for his 'time machine power unit', a device that resembled a kitchen blender.

Police said Mr Cole, who was wearing a bow tie and rather too much tweed for his age, would not reveal his country of origin. "Countries do not exist where I am from. The discovery of the Higgs boson led to limitless power, the elimination of poverty and Kit-Kats for everyone. It is a communist chocolate hellhole and I'm here to stop it ever happening."

This isn't the first time time-travel has been blamed for mishaps at the LHC. Last year, the Japanese physicist Masao Ninomiya and Danish string-theory pioneer Holger Bech Nielsen put forward the hypothesis that the Higgs boson was so "abhorrent" that it somehow caused a ripple in time that prevented its own discovery.

Professor Brian Cox, a former CERN physicist and full-time rock'n'roll TV scientist, was sympathetic to Mr Cole. "Bless him, he sounds harmless enough. At least he didn't mention bloody black holes."

Mr Cole was taken to a secure mental health facility in Geneva but later disappeared from his cell. Police are baffled, but not that bothered."

Edited by AgentAxeman

The Daily Hate-gave the Automobile Association a James Bond makeover by claiming that its breakdown rescue service had launched a rapid-response patrol of "AA Rocketmen".

It said that mechanics with jet packs, similar to the one worn by Sean Connery in the Bond film Thunderball, could now reach stricken motorists more quickly by soaring over traffic jams.

The newspaper said tests would run today above the M25 between dawn and noon.

If that wasn't enough of a giveaway, the name of the AA's "future technology strategist" quoted in the piece – Raif Lopol – should have set alarm bells ringing.

The Independent said it had seen a preliminary study commissioned by The European Organisation for Nuclear Research (Cern) looking into the feasibility of creating a second Large Hadron Collider using the 23km tunnel of London Underground's Circle Line.

If the scheme goes ahead, two proton beams would collide at Westminster Station directly below Portcullis House – the offices of more than 200 MPs.

The newspaper says that collision would happen "within feet of Circle Line passengers stuck in perpetual immobility" but that health and safety advisers warned that the experiment could create "a mini black hole at Westminster".

The Daily Mirror and Daily Express both carried the same story that the Queen booked herself onto a flight with budget airline easyJet to cut her travel costs.

A photograph accompanying both articles showed the Queen ascending steps to board the aircraft.

The journey from Luton to Aberdeen reportedly cost just £22.99 and a passenger on the same flight told the Daily Express: "There was no special treatment, she was one of the crowd."

The Sun sought to persuade its readers to lick a page of its newspaper to humiliate those foolish enough to fall for its April 1 hoax.

Its story claimed that the newspaper had perfected a new printing process, called Flair Spool, by which it could inject flavours into paper.

Readers were urged to taste a blank square on the page and try to guess the flavour. The patch bore the warning: "May contain nuts."

... and finally The Daily Telegraph told"of specially trained ferrets are being used to deliver broadband to rural areas following groundbreaking techniques used by an Internet provider.

The animals have been used by Virgin Media for over a year to help lay cables for its broadband service, the company has disclosed.

The ferrets wear jackets fitted with a microchip which is able to analyse any breaks or damage in the underground network.

Thing is, that ferret story could have been true. They had been used in a similar role by Boeing when they started making the 747 and needed to thread wires about.

Imagine if there was actually something like an alien invaision today. No-one would believe the news at all.

Edited by Billy Castell

The printers in our place have indiviual print queues so that when you send a job to the printer, you have to go over to it, select your name on the LCD display and then hit the print/copy button - a good way of reducing the amount of uncollected prints etc.

One of our lot early this morning put a load of notices on the printers around the building claiming that voice-activated commands were now in operation and that instead of selecting your name on the screen, just say you name out loud when in the vacinity of the printer.

A whole host of peeps were seen talking to their printers this morning and at least one person logged a call with the help desk to say it wasn't working! :D

I see Google put a 3-D filter on StreetView last night. They've even put on GoogleBooks :icon_lol: