Juan Albin

Kevin

Juan Albin insists he will not decide on his future until the end of the season, amid speculation he has agreed a deal with Newcastle.

The 23-year-old Uruguayan forward has been with Getafe since 2006, after moving from Nacional.

Newcastle are understood to have been keeping tabs on Albin for a number of months, as they look to plan for life back in the Premier League.

Now Spanish sources claim that Newcastle have offered Albin a three-year deal to move to St James' Park on a Bosman transfer in the summer.

Getafe have offered Albin fresh terms in a bid to stop him leaving for free, but it now seems he is set to leave the Madrid-based outfit.

Interest

Speaking about Newcastle's potential interest, Albin insisted he was focused on trying to win a place in Uruguay's World Cup squad.

"This year is very important to me," he said.

"I attend to announce what my future is at the end of the season.

"Like any professional, I don't reject any offer - and Newcastle are an historical club that will return to the Premier League.

"But I will keep calm and study them."

I know nout about this young chap but if we could get him on a free it would be fantastic.

Hey - a free signings a free signing :D

They can sign me on a free and pay me less, doesnt mean its going to be successful.........awaits the call from Dekka

they can sign me on a free transfer if they like.

Seriously, what the fuck has gotten into the lower expectations that Mike Fucking Ashley [anybody but Fred] has imposed on this club that people can make commnents like this.

What a load of fucking shit. Straight out of Sports Direct.com

I despair.

His statistics for the current season don't exactly make pretty reading.

23 games

3 goals

0 assists

Lists him as a midfielder, though I think he's a midfield/shadow striker. Don't see any reason to be excited about signing him, much less about some rumour about signing him down the track.

The age and the fact that he will be available for nothing unfortunately fits. One thing that is more promising is his previous statistics:

07-08 -> 24 starts 16 subs 8 goals 3 assists

08-09 -> 24 starts 8 subs 7 goals 6 assists

But lets not forget that we already have Xisco who by comparison has put out these numbers for Racing Santander who are lower on the table than Getafe. 13 starts 16 subs 5 goals 1 assist.

His statistics for the current season don't exactly make pretty reading.

23 games

3 goals

0 assists

Lists him as a midfielder, though I think he's a midfield/shadow striker. Don't see any reason to be excited about signing him, much less about some rumour about signing him down the track.

The age and the fact that he will be available for nothing unfortunately fits. One thing that is more promising is his previous statistics:

07-08 -> 24 starts 16 subs 8 goals 3 assists

08-09 -> 24 starts 8 subs 7 goals 6 assists

But lets not forget that we already have Xisco who by comparison has put out these numbers for Racing Santander who are lower on the table than Getafe. 13 starts 16 subs 5 goals 1 assist.

meh! tbh i wasnt that impressed with Kev's vid. most likely agent talk!

Pretty sure we were linked with him in January. I, for one, think there's something in this. Fat Mike's business plan seems to involve signing players from mid-table Spanish clubs and the cheaper the better.

In todays Chronic:

Hughton said: “There is nothing in that one, I can categorically tell you that.

“I’m not aware of any move like that.”

hmmmmm I seem to remember KK saying the same sort of thing at times :D