Hangovers

Guest Barrack Road

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a Sunday session yesterday at my mate's house. 4 bottles of peroni followed by 4 glasses of cava, then 2 glasses Rioja with lunch, two glasses of Chablis over dessert and chocolates, an Irish coffee and then a final 2 bottles of peroni for the road. Started boozing at 12 then had a long lunch with drinks, left for home about 19.30, with the wife taking the designated driver duties. Pint of water before bed at around 22.30. Woke up today feeling absolutely fine. #nails

If you're in your 30s or 40s and your mates are still pressuring you into drinking pints you don't want then you need new mates (imo ;) )

I'd have nee mates.

I had a Sunday session yesterday at my mate's house. 4 bottles of peroni followed by 4 glasses of cava, then 2 glasses Rioja with lunch, two glasses of Chablis over dessert and chocolates, an Irish coffee and then a final 2 bottles of peroni for the road. Started boozing at 12 then had a long lunch with drinks, left for home about 19.30, with the wife taking the designated driver duties. Pint of water before bed at around 22.30. Woke up today feeling absolutely fine. #nails

That's disgusting. Chablis with dessert?

Was just going to post the same thing. Fucking Chablis with dessert! What a waste.

Your typical dessert wines are great (Sauternes etc) but i've got some sweet reds which go lush with chocolate desserts. As does Port.

i'm on a cleanse this week like. had a pretty unhealthy weekend and need a few healthy days to prepare the body for my day out at the edgbaston test match on friday, which is bound to be a pretty savage affair.

Or could could just tell them to grow up you big shandy drinking gay

:lol:

You've hurt my feelings now.

HMHM gets a present from J69

D05SG2A.jpg

Was out last night, just on the Guinness, got a takeaway, drank plenty of water with meal and don't feel too bad at all. Had a canny night, the odd bit of piss taking went on as it does between men in a bar though. :good:

Was at a friends 30th on Saturday.

Still a little under the weather now. Gemmil's wrong, water helps massively and the thimble that hotel's give you for a glass isn't enough to defeat the monstrous ruination of your head.

Glad I wasn't the one driving from Preston to London after that, mind.

Was the peroni and cava for breakfast like? Christ!

Still a little under the weather now. Gemmil's wrong, water helps massively and the thimble that hotel's give you for a glass isn't enough to defeat the monstrous ruination of your head.

That's why I always make sure to buy a 2L bottle on the way to the hotel if I know it's going to be a heavy one.

The man who tried to use a hotel tumbler for his water consumption doesn't get to tell me I'm wrong. Water helps. It is not a cure by any stretch. At least not for me, but then as we all know I have an alcohol intolerance. It's the only explanation for someone otherwise so resilient to be put in such a bad way by a tiny amount of alcohol (3 pints can mean a brutal, brutal hangover).

Brandy and Whisky goes nice with chocolate (especially dark chocolate*).

*Not a euphemism.

This is a rare but good sweet red that goes lush with chocolate. Typical to put it with the chocolate 'log' at Christmas (sniggers).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banyuls_AOC

" These wines are typical examples of Banyuls - they have great balance and youthfulness. The red fruit flavours marrry well with – the full bodied nature of the wine and the smooth grenache tannins also mask the residual sugar, often found in excess in sweet wines. This rich character gives them a rare "drinkability" much loved by gourmands. The wine goes very well with chocolate, Banyuls and Chocolate being a famous food and wine match. The tannins found in cocoa and those found in the grenache grape are very similar! Other food matches are Gorgonzola, red fruit salad in Spring and fresh figs with plum purée in Autumn.

Old parcels planted with mostly Grenache Noir and carignan"

http://www.la-rectorie.com/mutes.htm