Hangovers

Guest Barrack Road

I usually begin the fight against the hangover at the end of the night by getting a chippy. Usually half a pizza supper. I get in and have some diluting orange by the pint. This usually begins the fight in helping your liver process the alcohol. The pizza and chips help soak it up. In the morning, if there is still a bad hangover present then I usually wake up at 8ish. I then realise that I am probably dehydrating and hot so I stick my head under a cold shower to basically cool me off and shock the body a bit and leave my hair damp to cool the pillow down too.

Finish off with a can of rockstar energy drink on your way out. The amount of times I could be found at Newcastle train station with a can of that stuff on a Sunday when getting the train back home!

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right now I've got my first hangover that I've had before I've gone to bed

been drinking since morning but haven't had a drink since 8.30, soba'd but but got a banging head ache now

hopefully be alright in the morning then

had a bad one this morning. started the day by filling a bowl with cornflakes only to discover there was no milk, then put the now useless cornflakes back into the wrong box of cereal (some ancient fruit n fibre type thing that's long out of date). I just sat motionless for about half an hour after that incident.

had a bad one this morning. started the day by filling a bowl with cornflakes only to discover there was no milk, then put the now useless cornflakes back into the wrong box of cereal (some ancient fruit n fibre type thing that's long out of date). I just sat motionless for about half an hour after that incident.

:lol: Like a shellshocked soldier.

2 bottles of white wine on friday night ffs then onto the beer so it was a nasty one on Saturday. Couldn't face eating anything until 4pm when i had some leek & potato soup and a bit of hummus during the intermission at a matinee.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a blinder today. Keep going to throw up but there's nothing there. :glare:

My mate decided it was a good idea to go to Leeds for a night out and stop at another mates. This was decided at 7.30pm

Got a blinder today. Keep going to throw up but there's nothing there. :glare:

My mate decided it was a good idea to go to Leeds for a night out and stop at another mates. This was decided at 7.30pm

You didnt go out i Headingley did you?

It's a decent little music venue, been there a few times! Decent club nights too, nice lasses.

I think I've seen the Cooper Temple Clause there twice & also Joe Bonamassa. Good times :up:

A few lads I know have spent a lot of money in the strip bars in Leeds, I don't know why but I disagree with them* even though that makes me massive unmanly. :banana:

On another level you're paying for something that should be free. (i.e a relationship, one night stand, whatever!)

*when perhaps there isn't great reason too.

A few lads I know have spent a lot of money in the strip bars in Leeds, I don't know why but I disagree with them* even though that makes me massive unmanly. :banana:

On another level you're paying for something that should be free. (i.e a relationship, one night stand, whatever!)

*when perhaps there isn't great reason too.

It's not the same if it's your lass is it?

It was the theatre next to Shepherd's Bush market!

Next door to O'Neill's? I've seen Patti Smith there

you should have gone to Cafe Rest next to Goldhawk Road tube.....

only place i've ever seen a shop that is car spares & joke stuff; weird business plan