So close to being right.............................................

accadacca

CT's sig...

When all else fails, mindless optimism will see us through

Just read that quote in one of the NUST candidates statements. Safe to assume it isn't you CT? :D

Guess we just skipped thru this thread without reading :icon_lol::angry: :angry: :angry:

confidently predicted promotion by end of March - will have to settle for first week in April.

To all those who accused me of being mad, stupid, moronic, Derek Llambias, a Mackem, Mike Ashley's patsy and lots of other choice names, I say to you all I TOLD YOU SO. :D

Get a life.

CT's sig...

Just read that quote in one of the NUST candidates statements. Safe to assume it isn't you CT? :D

Guess we just skipped thru this thread without reading :icon_lol::angry: :angry: :angry:

What's your prediction for next season acca?

Twice :sweat::angry: :angry: :sweat::wub::tumbleweed:

Er.... yes :nufc:

Have to admit I feared relegation was possible at the start of the season. Fortunately Ashley hasn't fucked us over any more yet, the senior player have stood up to be counted and you we right, the teams in this division are generally shite.

I agree despite the shite standard of some of the football, I have enjoyed this more than any season for a long while.

Well done acca. Wish I'd had the confidence to bet on our homes games a lot earlier.

confidently predicted promotion by end of March - will have to settle for first week in April.

To all those who accused me of being mad, stupid, moronic, Derek Llambias, a Mackem, Mike Ashley's patsy and lots of other choice names, I say to you all I TOLD YOU SO. :D

......... and MY prediction to YOU, which I have said for YEARS, is that Mike Ashley will NEVER match the Champions League qualifications and european qualifications of his predecessors.........

It's no use... I'm going to have to commission the smiley of a bloke sticking a new record on a turntable....

Fair play Acca, I think after the season we'd had before it was only natural for people to be pesimistic, certainly it wasn't taken in to account how totally shit the opposition's been in the Championship. I think we've been promoted not through anything Mike Ashley has or hasn't done but more because of the very poor standard of the league making it easy for us, even with a depleted squad (I say depleted in that it won't stand a chance in the Prem and we were already threadbare last time we were up).

I want to celebrate us winning promotion, hopefully winning the league but my feeling will always be we should never have been here in the first place. I'm happy enough to grab the moment even though it feels 'small time', let's just hope we can finish the season in style.

Fair play Acca, I think after the season we'd had before it was only natural for people to be pesimistic, certainly it wasn't taken in to account how totally shit the opposition's been in the Championship. I think we've been promoted not through anything Mike Ashley has or hasn't done but more because of the very poor standard of the league making it easy for us, even with a depleted squad (I say depleted in that it won't stand a chance in the Prem and we were already threadbare last time we were up).

I want to celebrate us winning promotion, hopefully winning the league but my feeling will always be we should never have been here in the first place. I'm happy enough to grab the moment even though it feels 'small time', let's just hope we can finish the season in style.

Here I go about to get slammed once again :D but seriously.......

He appointed Hughton, let him get on with the job, silenced Llambias (for the most part), backed Hughton in January and most importantly didnt fire sale the likes of Colochini, Carrol, Enrique etc.

And with regard to it feeling small time!!!!! Fucking hell man we could be like the smoggies, doomed to season after season out of the prem.

Did it feel small time in 93????? It will of done to some, but to a lot of us it was some of the best times supporting this club. The same will be true for a lot of todays support.

Lets not put ourselves down and make a damp squib of promotion.

Lets heal the wounds and move onward and upward (fingers crossed)

:icon_lol:

Good on you acca, but you'll NEVER be as right as Leazes.

correct

More than one Blessed Prophet on here = Holy War

Surprised Leazes hasn't gone off to shoot the Pope - he claims he's always right 'n aalll

CT's sig...

Actually, I think it's "When all else fails, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."

Probably more attributable to our probable lack of spending for next season on the basis that this lot have done alright against the shit in the championship.

But aye, well done acca.

aye all right well done.

now the next one, if everyone would admit my jokes were funny................... :D

Your jokes were funny

20 years ago when they were first told.

aye all right well done.

now the next one, if everyone would admit my jokes were funny................... :D

Your jokes were funny

20 years ago when they were first told.

read the first line and thought this came too easy.

:icon_lol: