I made a blog...

Andrew

Well I'm using it more for writing practice than anything else, would be nice to have something decent to point to when I'm going for jobs towards the end of my degree

like I said will mostly be shortish reviews but I'll be sticking other stuff up there too, gaming news and bits of random crap I find and like

Fuckin' pokemón?

problem?

Pokemón?! your asking if i have a problem ;)

Pokémon is the second most successful video game franchise of all time, sold 193m units over 43 games, number 1 is mario with 222m but over more than 200 games

there is a reason, dismiss it as kids stuff if you like but if you were to wipe the "grown up" shite off the end of your nose and actually have a go you will find something truly superb and absolutely faultlessly made

for comparison the entire fifa series has sold 65 mil and CoD 55 mil

problem?

Fuckin' pokemón?

problem?

Pokémon is the second most successful video game franchise of all time, sold 193m units over 43 games, number 1 is mario with 222m but over more than 200 games

there is a reason, dismiss it as kids stuff if you like but if you were to wipe the "grown up" shite off the end of your nose and actually have a go you will find something truly superb and absolutely faultlessly made

problem?

Well yeah which kid that plays pokemon is gona sit reading that. you need to appeal to the older generation who want to sit down and read shiznit.

Fuckin' pokemón?

problem?

problem?

Well yeah which kid that plays pokemon is gona sit reading that. you need to appeal to the older generation who want to sit down and read shiznit.

did you actually bother to read my post? its the second most popular franchise EVER

its not just a kids game and like I said dismiss it as such if you want but its your loss, I'll be playing my wonderfully enoyable game while you try to be a grown up...by belittling other peoples opinions

Andrew, I haven't read your blog, and I'm not dismissing Pokemon out of hand. But I don't believe popularity is a measure of quality.

Pokemon shifted so many units because it's, very cleverly, set itself up as a collectable game. It's not like simply varying the players available will make FIFA more attractive, that game relies on tweaks to game-play and graphics, perhaps a new mode or something. Pokemon can constantly reinvent itself with a new monster and a new land.

Again I'm not saying it's a bad game, but I wouldn't use the peer pressure lead purchases as definitive assurance of it's quality.

I'll read your blog when I'm not at work though. ;)

Fuckin' pokemón?

problem?

problem?

The kid that played that is now part of the older generation.

Fuckin' pokemón?

problem?

problem?

I was that kid, and yeah i grew out of it.

If you're going to get people to read it, you should try spicing up your language a bit. Not swearing, but make it a little more surprising. be analogous, use wit, because at the minute (and please don't take this as a "don't give up the day job") it reads like a book report for school.

If you're going to get people to read it, you should try spicing up your language a bit. Not swearing, but make it a little more surprising. be analogous, use wit, because at the minute (and please don't take this as a "don't give up the day job") it reads like a book report for school.

thanks, will take under advisement ;)

first time I've done any writing like this that wasn't for some sort of academics actually :icon_lol:

Fuckin' pokemón?

problem?

problem?

shame, lifes a lot more fun as a kid :icon_lol:

out of curiosity kev, how old are you?

Fuckin' pokemón?

problem?

problem?

You may not be a person who enjoys nostalgia, but there's plenty out there that do and I think that's who the blog is aimed squarely at. I know I enjoy having a look round the internet for games that I played on my old Spectrum, Amiga and Mega Drive.

Fuckin' pokemón?

problem?

problem?

shame, lifes a lot more fun as a kid :doh:

out of curiosity kev, how old are you?

You'd still classify me as a kid, 16 :icon_lol:

Nothing straight against your blog it's a good read its just it doesn't appeal to me that much.

Reviewing games is kinda cool. Reviewing Pokemon games is, perhaps, suggesting you need to get yoursel some action, game designer or not. Given the often ruthless nature of this site though, good on you for letting people peek at you.

And, all the best with the blog and blart.

;)

Reviewing games is kinda cool. Reviewing Pokemon games is, perhaps, suggesting you need to get yoursel some action, game designer or not. Given the often ruthless nature of this site though, good on you for letting people peek at you.

And, all the best with the blog and blart.

;)

Right now i'm led next to my (currently poorly :doh: ) girlfriend of nearly two years, I'm fine ta :icon_lol: