Newcastle look to spain for two new players!

Deano

I have no idea where this opinion that Ashley is suddenly going to start throwing around cash and rebuilding us. Have we seen any evidence of him doing that in the past 3 years?

January?

I'd love to know how he successfully laid foundations for the club to survive the Premier League next season in January. What I see is a bunch of average players who will probably look out of depth and ineffective next season.

Now thats a totally different question to what you asked now isnt it?

What I asked was what is bolded which is pretty much what I was getting at in my second post (as well you know). In January, promotion was still very likely and as a result, we should have been signing players with some upside for the Premiership rather than whatever was available (Leon Best springs to mind). This season is still clearly part of the rebuilding process with regards to the squad and we're still a weaker side than we were when we were relegated; Not that I was expecting bona-fide Premiership players but when you're signing Coventry City rejects and whatever Portsmouth couldn't afford to pay, what makes you think that he's going to spend £15 million in the summer on real quality? I'm expecting some more Portsmouth exiles and whatever we can get from the likes of Villa/Spurs, certainly not the 5-6 first teamers we'd need, on top of assured back-up.

The bit in red is also what you asked which I answered.

January was about assuring promotion

The summer will be about surviving our first year back up.

Villa and spurs cast offs may be just what we need to survive.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're that confident you'd take Pud up on the original offer... :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

A picture paints a thousand words :icon_lol:

I'll have the same bet with you. I'll pay £40 to a charity of your choice if I lose. You stop posting for 6 months if I win.

I don't believe that's the same bet :icon_lol: But instead of paying both £40 an account of Pud and I, why not just agree with Pud's £80? <_<

Incidentally why do you want me to stop posting? Sick of the fact that I won't agree with the complete bollocks you're preaching?

As for January being 'rebuilding' we bought Leon Best for fuck's sake.

So I've got to agree to Puds bet but you dont have to agree to mine. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Says it all really Craig

I'd match the same said terms that Pud outlined to you. I have no problem with sticking £120 in the SBR foundation.

In intrigued as to why you'd want me to stop posting mind... <_<

Is that the sum of your ambition? Would you consider 17th a good season?

We were miles ahead of Villa and Spurs not so long ago, but now we should be satisfied with their cast offs?

We were miles ahead of Villa and Spurs not so long ago, but now we should be satisfied with their cast offs?

Don't forget Dr Ken... there's no 'long term' damage.... :icon_lol:

A picture paints a thousand words :icon_lol:

I'll have the same bet with you. I'll pay £40 to a charity of your choice if I lose. You stop posting for 6 months if I win.

I don't believe that's the same bet :icon_lol: But instead of paying both £40 an account of Pud and I, why not just agree with Pud's £80? <_<

Incidentally why do you want me to stop posting? Sick of the fact that I won't agree with the complete bollocks you're preaching?

So I've got to agree to Puds bet but you dont have to agree to mine. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Says it all really Craig

I'd match the same said terms that Pud outlined to you. I have no problem with sticking £120 in the SBR foundation.

In intrigued as to why you'd want me to stop posting mind... <_<

Im simply showing your gobshite up for the gobshite it is.

You mocked away because I didnt agree to the exact terms of puds bet, but you are doing exactly the same to the terms of my bet.

Very sad

Get fucking real ffs

Most fans would take survival in our first year back.

Ofcourse its not the sum of my ambition but you sound like one of those deluded fans on talk sport (who'll will be on the radio throughout the summer) saying how we are going to take the league by storm.

Survival next year is all that matters.

Precisely. CT, do you believe that we'll even be able to compete with the likes of Everton, Birmingham and Fulham for good players signatures, never mind Villa & Spurs.

Get fucking real ffs

Ofcourse its not the sum of my ambition but you sound like one of those deluded fans on talk sport (who'll will be on the radio throughout the summer) saying how we are going to take the league by storm.

You couldn't be more wrong. I'm dreading a PL season under ashley, we'll get regular batterings without 5-7 new first team players.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Precisely. CT, do you believe that we'll even be able to compete with the likes of Everton, Birmingham and Fulham for good players signatures, never mind Villa & Spurs.

yes

Get fucking real ffs

If ashley hadn't made such a fuck-up of it, we wouldn't have been relegated in the first place, and therefore wouldn't need to be satisfied with survival.

yes

Based on what?

Get fucking real ffs

You couldn't be more wrong. I'm dreading a PL season under ashley, we'll get regular batterings without 5-7 new first team players.

So you'll take 17th as well :icon_lol:

Get fucking real ffs

If ashley hadn't made such a fuck-up of it, we wouldn't have been relegated in the first place, and therefore wouldn't need to be satisfied with survival.

No, we could have been left with Fat Fred finally throwing the last spin of the dice

yes

Based on what?

Players have all sorts of reasons for joing clubs. Spanish stars may want to come and play with Enrique, he's constantly gushing about how good it is.

Chris Hughton carries a lot of respect with players and they will have seen / heard how good the camp is up here.

Some will just want the challenge of playing infront of 45,000 fans

And sum will be sold the dream that we are a club going places.

yes

Based on what?

Players have all sorts of reasons for joing clubs. Spanish stars may want to come and play with Enrique, he's constantly gushing about how good it is.

Chris Hughton carries a lot of respect with players and they will have seen / heard how good the camp is up here.

Players (or their agents) are only bothered about the coin. You can't put atmosphere, or morale, or a dream in the bank.

Are you (conveniently) forgetting how desperate Hughton was in the PL last year?

Get fucking real ffs

So you'll take 17th as well :icon_lol:

I'd expect it but I wouldn't be satisfied with it.

yes

Based on what?

Players (or their agents) are only bothered about the coin. You can't put atmosphere, or morale, or a dream in the bank.

Are you (conveniently) forgetting how desperate Hughton was in the PL last year?

He's had a very succesful year in the job since then ffs

As Ive said before, if it was Shearer doing this you would be creaming yourself every night.

He's had a very succesful year in the job since then ffs

At a lower level, with a squad that is the class of the division. A squad that is also physically strong enough to bully some sides into submission; that won't happen in the prem.

Do his substitutions and tactical errors not worry you? Do you not think they will be punished more clinically in the PL?

A picture paints a thousand words :)

I don't believe that's the same bet <_< But instead of paying both £40 an account of Pud and I, why not just agree with Pud's £80? <_<

Says it all really Craig

In intrigued as to why you'd want me to stop posting mind... :icon_lol:

You mocked away because I didnt agree to the exact terms of puds bet, but you are doing exactly the same to the terms of my bet.

Very sad

No what's sad is that you won't put your money where your mouth is whereas Pud and I clearly will.

And you're suggesting I'm a gobshite? :icon_lol: I beginning to think you may well be HTL under a different guise. Not since him have I seen such a delusional and contrary character...

If you're that confident you'd take Pud up on the original offer... <_<

:)

A picture paints a thousand words :)

I don't believe that's the same bet <_< But instead of paying both £40 an account of Pud and I, why not just agree with Pud's £80? :icon_lol:

Says it all really Craig

In intrigued as to why you'd want me to stop posting mind... :icon_lol:

Very sad

No what's sad is that you won't put your money where your mouth is whereas Pud and I clearly will.

And you're suggesting I'm a gobshite? :icon_lol: I beginning to think you may well be HTL under a different guise. Not since him have I seen such a delusional and contrary character...

Thats a no then Craig :icon_lol:

Do you forget who owns us and who buys the players?

Not at all but i do think we will spend about 15-20mil in the summer...we HAVE to and he knows that!

Totally spot on. Ashley won't risk relegation again AND has the cash to do what needs to be done.

I think he might well spend that much over the season...but he'll wait until January to see if he really needs to.

Not at all but i do think we will spend about 15-20mil in the summer...we HAVE to and he knows that!

Totally spot on. Ashley won't risk relegation again AND has the cash to do what needs to be done.

I think he might well spend that much over the season...but he'll wait until January to see if he really needs to.

I really hope not. I hate panic buying. Money spent in January to bring players into a club in a tumultuous situation means you pay too much for players who aren't wanted elsewhere. On top of that they come into a club where morale is low so already they get off on the wrong foot.

You get much better value buying players in the off-season. They have a much better chance to settle in the club and get to know their team mates with the air of pre-season excitement and positivity. I'd much rather 15mill spend in the summer than 20 mill spent in January. Ideally though it would be 15mill in the summer then an additional 5-10 in January to cover any injuries or deficiencies that have become apparent across the season.

Edited by OzToonFan

I really hope not. I hate panic buying. Money spent in January to bring players into a club in a tumultuous situation means you pay too much for players who aren't wanted elsewhere. On top of that they come into a club where morale is low so already they get off on the wrong foot.

You get much better value buying players in the off-season. They have a much better chance to settle in the club and get to know their team mates with the air of pre-season excitement and positivity. I'd much rather 15mill spend in the summer than 20 mill spent in January. Ideally though it would be 15mill in the summer then an additional 5-10 in January to cover any injuries or deficiencies that have become apparent across the season.

I'd prefer us not to spend too much in the summer to be honest, exactly because they don't have long to settle even with a pre-season. I think we have a far better chance with the squad that won promotion and want to play for the shirt. Maybe one or two additions tops.

Edited by Happy Face