Newcastle look to spain for two new players!

Deano

NEWCASTLE are tracking two Spanish-based stars as they begin to put together their post- promotion spending plans.

Valencia winger Pablo Hernandez is on the Magpies’ radar after a year in which he has broken onto the fringes of the Spain international squad.

And Getafe’s Uruguayan striker Juan Albin is another to catch the eye of United scouts in La Liga.

Hernandez, 24, is a right-sided player who made his debut for Spain as a replacement for Barcelona star Andres Iniesta at last summer’s Confederations Cup.

He then won a second cap as a second-half substitute against Austria in November, scoring in a 5-1 friendly win.

Albin has a slightly lesser pedigree at unsung Getafe, having joined the Madrid minnows from Uruguayan side Nacional in 2006.

But although he has scored a modest 17 times in 97 appearances in Spain, the 23-year-old is seen as more of a creator than a taker of goals.

On paper, Albin, who is out of contract this summer, appears a more realistic target for Newcastle than Fernandez, who recently signed a new deal at Valencia until 2014.

United’s talent-spotting network is slowly being reactivated by new chief scout Graham Carr, who is also monitoring several targets in France, including Lille’s Yohan Cabaye and Lens’ Adama Diakite, and trawling Germany for promising youngsters.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh it is from the sunday sun!

That Hernandez is supposed to have some promise like and we do need cover for the wings.

I just think a pacey striker, 2 CM's and a RB should be our priority followed by cover for LB, CB, RW and LW.

If we let 3 go (Butt, Pancrate and Hall - Dont see us selling/letting go of anyone else) and get 8 in of decent quality and or potential then we could have a decent PL squad.

Edited by Geordie Lad...

Do you forget who owns us and who buys the players?

Not at all but i do think we will spend about 15-20mil in the summer...we HAVE to and he knows that!

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Not at all but i do think we will spend about 15-20mil in the summer...we HAVE to and he knows that!

Totally spot on. Ashley won't risk relegation again AND has the cash to do what needs to be done.

Totally spot on. Ashley won't risk relegation again AND has the cash to do what needs to be done.

Lol, more chance of knitting fog and you know it.

I have no idea where this opinion that Ashley is suddenly going to start throwing around cash and rebuilding us. Have we seen any evidence of him doing that in the past 3 years?

more chance of alan smith finishing our top scorer this season tbh

I have no idea where this opinion that Ashley is suddenly going to start throwing around cash and rebuilding us. Have we seen any evidence of him doing that in the past 3 years?

Well...and im not supporting him for one second btw, but he spent 5.5mil in january which is typically where u spend less than in the off season, so if that is anything to go by then i expect him to spend a bit more in the summer.

They have already identified that we need another striker and midfielder.

Money will be spent, how much is anyones guess but it NEEDS to be the bare minimum of 15mil...remember we will be going up with a smaller wage bill, lower running costs and the bonus of higher gates and much more TV revenue.

Dont be so pessimistic man.

Lol, more chance of knitting fog and you know it.

You do know all these threads will be getting dragged up again next year when all is going well and I am the new Leazes Mag. (However such will be my victory I will probably get banned and have to spin my lines of woe on Newcastle Online. :icon_lol:

Well...and im not supporting him for one second btw, but he spent 5.5mil in january which is typically where u spend less than in the off season, so if that is anything to go by then i expect him to spend a bit more in the summer.

They have already identified that we need another striker and midfielder.

Money will be spent, how much is anyones guess but it NEEDS to be the bare minimum of 15mil...remember we will be going up with a smaller wage bill, lower running costs and the bonus of higher gates and much more TV revenue.

Dont be so pessimistic man.

Well said

Ok then, money where your mouth is.

£14m is the set point, £20 per million either way, winner chooses the charity.

If he spends £10m you pay £80, if he spends £20m I pay £120.

You never know he might show hes a billionaire and spend £100m then Id be fucked :icon_lol:

tbf the finances of clubs like us still dwarfs those of similar positions spanish clubs

But the Euro/Sterling rate is nowt these days. Then there is the new tax bracket of 40% of over 50k or whatever it is. Unless they are going to get mega wages, they wont come - unless they are really poor players.

tbf the finances of clubs like us still dwarfs those of similar positions spanish clubs

But the Euro/Sterling rate is nowt these days. Then there is the new tax bracket of 40% of over 50k or whatever it is. Unless they are going to get mega wages, they wont come - unless they are really poor players.

50% over £150k

50% over £150k

Cheers. I was hoping you would have the real facts. My argument still stands.