SJH speaks

trophyshy

None of us support our football club because they make a profit, none of us should ever be contemplating putting profit before success. I think people get the word profit and turnover mixed up. Turnover is what we should be looking for in the way of financial success not profit. Profit is what goes to the shareholders at the end of the year, turnover is what drives your club and what is needed to ensure on field success.

Profit simply means that someone isnt spending enough somewhere, theyre raking in cash but not investing it. You should be taking that profit and turning it into players, investing in the first team squad to ensure on field success, on field success means higher turnover, higher turnover means more to spend on the team, more to spend on the team means better players, better players means more interest from fans, more shirts sold, more names put on those shirts, more turnover, more turnover means better players, better players means a higher league position, higher league position means more turnover, more turnover means better players......repeat to fade.

We are NOT in some financial nirvana, far from it, we're sitting with debts piling up, turnover down and a quality of playing staff that resembles the likes of Wigan, Hull etc. Is that going to make kids go out and buy shirts? is it fuck. People slate the previous chairman for purchasing Owen, trophy signing etc, maybe he was but nobody could have predicted the flop he was going to be, what did happen though was that a couple of those millions we spent came straight back in with the rush to get a new shirt emblazoned with Owen 10.

How many teenagers do you think rushed out to get Best 20 done? How many grown men will that signing convince to order a Season Ticket...."look pet ah knaa we're skint but its Leon Best maaaan pet man"

I just wish people would see the financial side for what it is, we are NOT in a good financial position, gate receipts down, shirt sales down, corporate sales slashed, advertising down, sponsorship deal is 40% the amount it was last time. The only thing that keeps the wolves at bay is the fact that we've slashed our wage bill, reduced staffing in areas other than the team, cut the quality of our product and are merely living on the hope that all will be well.

It wont, not under this model, maybe I'll be proven wrong and we'll survive in the Prem next season but thats all we will do, survival is not what I support my club for, I dont dream of telling my son that he'll love the last game of the season when we're all sitting there crapping bricks, watching the game while listening to radios to hear how Hull are doing. "The thrill of the race for 16th place, nowt compares to it son, Ive been to Camp Nou for the Champions League and its shite compared to a relegation dogfight at the JJB.This is where its at kidda, count youself lucky, when I was your age we didnt get to experience this day week in week out, oh no we were too busy trying to compete."

Im fairly sure in return he wont be pinning copies of the clubs balance sheet on the wall and dreaming one day of becoming an accountant so he too can make something so beautiful as a profit loaded return.

Your whole statment is massively flawed.

The old regime didn't live within their means. As a fan i was over the moon with Owen's arrival, but adding 10m debt a year meant it was a risk we simply couldn't afford to take. As custodians of the club there job was to rationalise the risk/reward, but they run it like fans, getting carried away with the hype - and rather than minimising the risk by loading his contract with clauses if we didn't make Europe they bent over and took one from his agent.

People who critise the old regime don't come to the match thinking its monolpoly viewing players like financial assest. They were just sick of players like Kieron 'f**kin' Dyer picking up £80k a week.... I'd love to hear you justification for Dyer being on £80k a week, as we gave him that knowing he was a sick note!

Also, I think our views of Ashley's business model is also incorrect. I dont see his aim to make us into profitable entity, just a self sufficent one. He brought in more players in January than any other club. Ok, Best may not live up to his name, but he's a player that fits our needs perfectly and you have to be a realist, there were no better players availible. Maybe Victor Moses, but his agent made my blood boil, the goon was constantly on Sky Sports bigging him up spouting rubbish about Real Madrid being interested link. Under the old regime we would have taken one from his agent to get him.

Sure Ashleys made mistakes, but I truely belive he is learning.

Unlike some stick in the muds on here I see myself as a quite reasonable fan.

Frankly there is nothing in what you say that is unreasonable and a lot of truth in it.

The problem is, as usual some what it to be black and white when there is shit loads of grey.

They'll come round (except Leazes) eventually, just like the majority of fans already have and just like the doom mongers from earlier in the season already have.

People have slowly woken up to the fact that the Halls and Shepherd were much better than they thought at the time, despite constantly disagreeing with me when I tried to tell them.

I don't expect some of the Ashley supporters to admit that he has dragged the club massively downwards, even when it becomes even more obvious, say by the middle of next season when our bargain buys are struggling to stay up and we do nothing in January to help the situation other than bringing a few bargains and loans.

You're right, I won't come round because he won't succeed. However, if he EVER does qualify for the Champions League, then I WILL admit that I was wrong, and give due credit for it, unlike some.

Leazes, you sometimes come across as reasonable and sensible, but sometimes I can only imagine you are part of the Shepherd family.

Its not about the Halls and Shepherds, thats history.

Ashley has dragged the club down, he's now dragging it back up.

Well, even the Westwoods, Seymours etc got promoted after being relegated.

So what ?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were loads on here forecasting relegation etc at the start of this season.....Doom mongers. Now your still coming out with claptrap like "refusal to admit he's done wrong".....

The blokes come out and said he's done wrong and that he wants to put it right, which he's doing.

We were either going to walk this league or collapse and I'm pretty certain that was the general view of the 'doom mongers'.

I don't share your opinion that Mike Ashley is doing everything with NUFC's best interests at heart.

None of us support our football club because they make a profit, none of us should ever be contemplating putting profit before success. I think people get the word profit and turnover mixed up. Turnover is what we should be looking for in the way of financial success not profit. Profit is what goes to the shareholders at the end of the year, turnover is what drives your club and what is needed to ensure on field success.

Profit simply means that someone isnt spending enough somewhere, theyre raking in cash but not investing it. You should be taking that profit and turning it into players, investing in the first team squad to ensure on field success, on field success means higher turnover, higher turnover means more to spend on the team, more to spend on the team means better players, better players means more interest from fans, more shirts sold, more names put on those shirts, more turnover, more turnover means better players, better players means a higher league position, higher league position means more turnover, more turnover means better players......repeat to fade.

We are NOT in some financial nirvana, far from it, we're sitting with debts piling up, turnover down and a quality of playing staff that resembles the likes of Wigan, Hull etc. Is that going to make kids go out and buy shirts? is it fuck. People slate the previous chairman for purchasing Owen, trophy signing etc, maybe he was but nobody could have predicted the flop he was going to be, what did happen though was that a couple of those millions we spent came straight back in with the rush to get a new shirt emblazoned with Owen 10.

How many teenagers do you think rushed out to get Best 20 done? How many grown men will that signing convince to order a Season Ticket...."look pet ah knaa we're skint but its Leon Best maaaan pet man"

I just wish people would see the financial side for what it is, we are NOT in a good financial position, gate receipts down, shirt sales down, corporate sales slashed, advertising down, sponsorship deal is 40% the amount it was last time. The only thing that keeps the wolves at bay is the fact that we've slashed our wage bill, reduced staffing in areas other than the team, cut the quality of our product and are merely living on the hope that all will be well.

It wont, not under this model, maybe I'll be proven wrong and we'll survive in the Prem next season but thats all we will do, survival is not what I support my club for, I dont dream of telling my son that he'll love the last game of the season when we're all sitting there crapping bricks, watching the game while listening to radios to hear how Hull are doing. "The thrill of the race for 16th place, nowt compares to it son, Ive been to Camp Nou for the Champions League and its shite compared to a relegation dogfight at the JJB.This is where its at kidda, count youself lucky, when I was your age we didnt get to experience this day week in week out, oh no we were too busy trying to compete."

Im fairly sure in return he wont be pinning copies of the clubs balance sheet on the wall and dreaming one day of becoming an accountant so he too can make something so beautiful as a profit loaded return.

The old regime didn't live within their means. As a fan i was over the moon with Owen's arrival, but adding 10m debt a year meant it was a risk we simply couldn't afford to take. As custodians of the club there job was to rationalise the risk/reward, but they run it like fans, getting carried away with the hype - and rather than minimising the risk by loading his contract with clauses if we didn't make Europe they bent over and took one from his agent.

People who critise the old regime don't come to the match thinking its monolpoly viewing players like financial assest. They were just sick of players like Kieron 'f**kin' Dyer picking up £80k a week.... I'd love to hear you justification for Dyer being on £80k a week, as we gave him that knowing he was a sick note!

Also, I think our views of Ashley's business model is also incorrect. I dont see his aim to make us into profitable entity, just a self sufficent one. He brought in more players in January than any other club. Ok, Best may not live up to his name, but he's a player that fits our needs perfectly and you have to be a realist, there were no better players availible. Maybe Victor Moses, but his agent made my blood boil, the goon was constantly on Sky Sports bigging him up spouting rubbish about Real Madrid being interested link. Under the old regime we would have taken one from his agent to get him.

Frankly there is nothing in what you say that is unreasonable and a lot of truth in it.

The problem is, as usual some what it to be black and white when there is shit loads of grey.

They'll come round (except Leazes) eventually, just like the majority of fans already have and just like the doom mongers from earlier in the season already have.

People have slowly woken up to the fact that the Halls and Shepherd were much better than they thought at the time, despite constantly disagreeing with me when I tried to tell them.

I don't expect some of the Ashley supporters to admit that he has dragged the club massively downwards, even when it becomes even more obvious, say by the middle of next season when our bargain buys are struggling to stay up and we do nothing in January to help the situation other than bringing a few bargains and loans.

You're right, I won't come round because he won't succeed. However, if he EVER does qualify for the Champions League, then I WILL admit that I was wrong, and give due credit for it, unlike some.

Leazes, you sometimes come across as reasonable and sensible, but sometimes I can only imagine you are part of the Shepherd family.

So what ?

To be continued.........

After the pub

:lol:

There were loads on here forecasting relegation etc at the start of this season.....Doom mongers. Now your still coming out with claptrap like "refusal to admit he's done wrong".....

The blokes come out and said he's done wrong and that he wants to put it right, which he's doing.

We were either going to walk this league or collapse and I'm pretty certain that was the general view of the 'doom mongers'.

I don't share your opinion that Mike Ashley is doing everything with NUFC's best interests at heart.

Naughty naughty :lol:

You still haven't answered my question from last week CT, now that Ashley is doing good in your eyes then are you going to stop your self imposed boycott and hand our struggling club some of your taxi tips?

Naughty naughty :D

How so? :lol:

I don't know that it's the majority, but a hell of a lot are simply apathetic towards Ashley because we are top of the league (that's the 2nd division. A lot of folk, I reckon, have forgotten that fact). If we do struggle next season, I have an inkling that that apathy will soon diminish. However, I sincerely hope we do finish mid-table or higher next term.

So what ?

To be continued.........

After the pub

:lol:

and as it is Friday .......

:D

He may or may not put it up for sale this summer but all this notion that 'the club is no longer for sale' is frankly bullshit. If someone came along tomorrow and offered Ashley what he paid, he'd rip their hands off.

While the end result is the same, there is a massive difference between actively seeking a buyer and willing to accept an offer. With the later having no major influcence on the team.

The biggest problem he has is his supreme arrogance and refusal to accept when he's been wrong and correct the wrong-doing - and then turns on the fans for not being onside. And why does he use that useless cock-end Llambias as his mouthpiece? The only time I've ever heard Ashley speak is in some youtube video where he says "I love Habib Beye".

:lol: bit harsh...

Personally i think owners/chairmen should let the manager/players do all the talking.

i hardly think that's the case. just because ashley's reign so far has been worse than shepherd's doesn't change the fact that shepherd was incompetent.

i hardly think that's the case. just because ashley's reign so far has been worse than shepherd's doesn't change the fact that shepherd was incompetent.

is that so ? We will see how long it takes for someone else to put the club into the Champs League.

Naughty naughty :D

How so? :lol:

Being a contrary fucker I could be wrong......But I dont recall saying "Mike Ashley is doing everything with NUFC's best interests at heart".

Feel free to link if I did as I do talk shite from time to time. :icon_lol:

I don't know that it's the majority, but a hell of a lot are simply apathetic towards Ashley because we are top of the league (that's the 2nd division. A lot of folk, I reckon, have forgotten that fact). If we do struggle next season, I have an inkling that that apathy will soon diminish. However, I sincerely hope we do finish mid-table or higher next term.

We both know thats not true. Simply alot of fans are just enjoying the matches. We all know theres tough times ahead if we get promoted but basically theres fuck all we can do about it so we might as well enjoy a game at a time.

Being NUFC, who knows what next year will bring.

Leazes, you are like the bloke who blames his new wife for his ex wifes infidelitys.

You are fighting your Newcastle Online battles infront of a different audience who dont give a shit.

You really need to (if not already) sign back up under a new name......Leazes's nephew and get it all off your chest... then simply move on.

Leazes, you are like the bloke who blames his new wife for his ex wifes infidelitys.

You are fighting your Newcastle Online battles infront of a different audience who dont give a shit.

You really need to (if not already) sign back up under a new name......Leazes's nephew and get it all off your chest... then simply move on.

you're completely wrong. My "battles" were in fact correct over there, therefore they are correct here too, in fact events since the club changed hands have shown it to be the case.

It isn't my fault that there are some people left who continue to be blind, and continue bringing up the subject.

I offered to sign on under a new name btw, and I obviously would not have had to mention the Halls and Shepherd because people would have instantly known it was me. I don't know why nobody got back to me, you will have to ask them.

The thing is CT, I can argue my corner successfully about any aspect of the football club with anybody of events since the early-mid 1960's because I have been around supporting the club all that time and have seen everything first hand.

We both know thats not true. Simply alot of fans are just enjoying the matches. We all know theres tough times ahead if we get promoted but basically theres fuck all we can do about it so we might as well enjoy a game at a time.

Being NUFC, who knows what next year will bring.

You havent answered my question.

is that so ? We will see how long it takes for someone else to put the club into the Champs League.

To be fair, Shepherd hadn't managed that himself in 5 years.

You still haven't answered my question from last week CT, now that Ashley is doing good in your eyes then are you going to stop your self imposed boycott and hand our struggling club some of your taxi tips?

Yes

Good lad.

While you're there you can sing Ashleys name and see how the majority join in with you.

There were loads on here forecasting relegation etc at the start of this season.....Doom mongers.

Source?

Well, I'll admit that I thought it was easily possible that the morale at the club could be so bad we may have struggled.

I also didn't realise how shite this league had became since we were last in it.

Because, having sold our best players ie Owen, Viduka, Martins, Zoggy, Given, Milner, Bassong, and Beye [in no particular order] and being left with Ameobi to lead the attack and no pace or legs in midfield [apart from Guthrie], actually leading this league only says how shit it is.

Still. We are top of it. Very well done Hughton.

I posted similar to this a week or two ago, so here it is again.

A word of caution though.

It isn't over yet.

Forest should win their next 2 home games. Therefore we need some points from the next 2 away games, starting tomorrow, before we play them at home.

If in 3 games time, we still have a margin over them of at least 6 points, with only 6 games left, then we can start counting chickens.

But, the realistic among us [and I won't mention the dicks on NO :lol: ] know that Ashley has really done nothing yet to convince me of anything anyway, other than we will never qualify for europe while he runs this football club, and we should prepare to watch a team that will lose more games than it wins.

Edited by LeazesMag

I'd like to hear CT explain what trophyshy said earlier about how the Ashley regime still hasn't apologised for deliberately and intentionally misleading (and lying to) the fans. That really sums up who these people are to me. They are just lying scum who are here to make a profit and will do whatever it takes, and every so often they will try to offer us some kind of sop or sacrificial lamb (Ashley's relegation 'apology', bringing in Shearer and sacking Wise (but not appointing Shearer after the inevitable happened), best fans in the world bollocks, claiming to be selling the club when it's really looking bad) while abusing us all the way.

They don't care about this club any further than their next payoff and everything is being done in the short term. There is no sign of planning ahead. None. We've got players who are Championship level, a manager who's Championship level, new signings who are Championship level, and we're expecting to take that to the PL next season and succeed somehow. Some will point to the 5 million pounds or so we spent in January and say that's evidence that Ashley is willing to support the club financially, but 5 million pounds won't take us very far (considerable understatement) in June. We don't need to 'strengthen' the squad, we need to rebuild it. Because right now we have the same core of players who weren't good enough to keep us up the first time, minus most of those who were actually decent, and there's only one outcome there.

Then there's the issue of who will spend the money if it is made available. Hughton got the green light to buy players in January and he did some good business on Routledge but blew money on a useless player in Best and if it's going to be a case of buy one decent player and buy one shit player at the same time in June then we may as well stay down and avoid the embarrassment of what will happen to us next season. Hughton isn't good enough for the PL in terms of tactics and team selection or in terms of buying and selling players.

It's all gearing up to be a triumphant return to the PL, buy some shit players and sell some good ones, get thrashed over and over again, fans begin to turn against the board, they try to hold us off for as long as possible talking about "stability" and reveling in having achieved the monumental accomplishment of getting us promoted again (they will spin it as an accomplishment and we will be expected to politely overlook the fact that they got us relegated in the first place) until December rolls around and they choose Hughton as their next sacrifice, then bring in another out-of-work nobody manager (or maybe take the even cheaper option and promote Calderwood) and it will just be a repeat of last season.

Yes, I am a doom monger. Because doom is what we are looking at with Ashley in charge.

There were loads on here forecasting relegation etc at the start of this season.....Doom mongers.

Source?

Various accadacca threads for starters

No. acca said it would be a walk in the park. People were wary of being so cocky. Which is fair enough given our undeserved reputation as delsional fans.

Quote the several people that said we'd get relegated though.