England team...

Deano

Who would your team be for the world cup?

How many is the squad? 25?

---Foster---

---G.Johnson---Terry---Ferdinand---Baines---

---Lennon---Gerrard---Carrick---Young---

---Rooney---Defoe---

Subs: James, Upson, Shorey, Beckham, Lampard, Milner and Crouch

Backup: Green, Richards, Walcott, J.Cole, Johnson, Agonlohor and Bent

We could do well this time round although i fear Spain again.

---Foster---

---Rooney---Defoe---

---Hart---

---G.Johnson---Terry---Ferdinand---A. Cole---

---Lennon---Lampard---Carrick---J.Cole---

------Gerrard------

---Rooney---

Subs: James, Upson, Baines, Walcott, Barry, Milner and Heskey

Backup: Green, Richards, Jagielka/Lescott?, Downing. Johnson, Agbonlahor and Crouch

Edited by Besty

---Foster---

---Rooney---Defoe---

---Hart---

---G.Johnson---Terry---Ferdinand---A. Cole---

---Lennon---Lampard---Carrick---J.Cole---

---Rooney---Crouch---

Subs: James, Upson, Baines, Walcott, Gerrard, Milner and Heskey

Backup: Green, Richards, Jagielka/Lescott?, Young, A. Johnson, Agbonlahor and Bent

I like that team...Did think about Hart but he is yet to get a cap no?

Also J.Cole i like but can he do a job on the left? More use in a 433.

Is it just me but i fuckin hate Lampard....most overated player in the PL for years.

------------Green----------

Johnson-Terry-Ferdinand-Cole

------------Barry------------

Lennon-----------------J Cole

------Gerrard--Lampard-----

-----------Rooney-----------

Subs:

Milner, Crouch, Defoe, Baines, SWP, James, Lescott

Wont happen, cause Capello loves 4-4-2 too much, but Rooney has been phenomenal playing as a lone striker this year

If Jagielka picks back up where he left off (prior to his injury) then he should definitely be the first reserve for centre back (and behind Terry and Ferdinand on reputation alone).

The fact that Crouch is considered good enough to start by many is worrying. Probably down to most people thinking that Defoe and Rooney can't play well together.

If Jagielka picks back up where he left off (prior to his injury) then he should definitely be the first reserve for centre back (and behind Terry and Ferdinand on reputation alone).

The fact that Crouch is considered good enough to start by many is worrying. Probably down to most people thinking that Defoe and Rooney can't play well together.

37 (20)

guess what that is

Lee Dixon, despite having a bit of Lawro about him, is doing an interesting position-by-position study for the England WC squad.

He discusses why Brown should go in ahead of Johnson

Brown might be the better option when you consider who might play in front of him on the right of England's midfield, too. With Theo Walcott a favourite of Capello's, do you need an attacking full-back behind him?

He's done both full back positions.

Right Back

Left Back

Edited by Barney

37 (20)

guess what that is

But that's 17 games he didn't score in.

:yes

37 (20)

guess what that is

just as a comparison

defoe 39 (11)

Rooney 58 (25)

first off, its a 23 man squad for the world cup and theres a minimum of 3 GKs to be named

'Keepers:

Hart

Green

James

RBs:

Johnson

Richards

LBs:

Cole

Baines

CBs:

Terry

Ferdinand

Lescott

Turner(or one of the younger players who is in form, maybe shawcross)

CMs:

Barry

Carrick

Gerrard

Lampard

Milner

RWs:

Lennon

Walcott

LWs:

Young

Johnson

FWs:

Rooney

Defoe

Crouch

to play

---------------Hart----------

Richards-Terry-Ferdinand-Cole

-----------Barry-Carrick--------

Lennon------Gerrard--------Young/Johnson(whoever is in form come the end of the season)

-----------Rooney-----------

Have people forgot about Joe Cole or are they genuinely suggesting not taking him ?

I like JC but who do you not take instead? he been injured and has played in 18 games this season, mostly as a sub and those he has started hes gone off at some point

...Most of Crouch's goals have been easy goals against shit opposition. Fair play to him, he's half decent, but I think there's several better forwards in the picture.

In the premier league where the standard of opposition is on average better than the countries he's been scoring against (Belarus, Andorra, Trinidad & Tobago, Egypt in which 1 was clearly off-side) he has a return of 5 in 29.

Edited by OzToonFan

...Most of Crouch's goals have been easy goals against shit opposition. Fair play to him, he's half decent, but I think there's several better forwards in the picture.

I hear that a lot as an argument against crouch but you can only score against those put in front of you and, for the most part, as one of the top ten teams in the world we are constantly put up against what we'd call "shit opposition" what with the seedings and such

you may as well criticise messi for not scoring against teams better than barca

While I do think Crouch is a bit of a 'flat track bully', that sort of player can be invaluable, especially in a tournament and especially since England can often struggle against so-called minnows.

I hear that a lot as an argument against crouch but you can only score against those put in front of you and, for the most part, as one of the top ten teams in the world we are constantly put up against what we'd call "shit opposition" what with the seedings and such

you may as well criticise messi for not scoring against teams better than barca

Aye, seems strange to ignoe him cos he only scores against the 'shit' opposition when the 'several better forwards in the picture' couldn't themselves manage to score against Belarus, Ukraine, Egypt and the like.

In the premier league where the standard of opposition is on average better than the countries he's been scoring against (Belarus, Andorra, Trinidad & Tobago, Egypt in which 1 was clearly off-side) he has a return of 5 in 29.

Granted he offers a different dimension to most of the other candidates. He could possibly be the only not passed it sort of 'post' player that England have as an option.