James Bulger's Mother

Rob W

Is never off TV and the papers

Doesn't she carry some responsibility for his death as well?

Not in the eyes of the media it seems. Although it is 17 years ago and culture has changed, I find it hard to comprehend how a mother can leave her 3 year old child outside a shop while she's inside.

There are unsubstantiated rumours around Liverpool that she was shop-lifting as well.

Is never off TV and the papers

Doesn't she carry some responsibility for his death as well?

Not in the eyes of the media it seems. Although it is 17 years ago and culture has changed, I find it hard to comprehend how a mother can leave her 3 year old child outside a shop while she's inside.

There are unsubstantiated rumours around Liverpool that she was shop-lifting as well.

Isn't that the normal way Scousers shop?

She probably feels very guilty for leaving him outside the shop, which manifests itself in the way she carries on at the moment - she certainly has no place in demanding the sacking of that woman for suggesting Venables and Thompson were too young to be tried in an adult court.

As I said in the earlier thread, it is extraordinarily difficult to imagine what she went through and still goes through, but you do get the impression that carrying on the way she does cannot be doing herself any favours. I found it a bit odd how she had a press spokesman (although that could just be a friend) release a statement after that meeting with Straw recently - she's certainly been able to release her own statements previously - and since.