General Election 2010

Christmas Tree

Toontastic pre-GE Poll  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bad news for holiday makers anyway, the pound is taking a kicking on the Forex. Cleggs comments lifted it off the bottom though.

Fortunately the euro is going down the shitter too, so our trips to Lanzaro'eee will remain just as cheap/expensive.

Pity anyone who has a trip the US planned though.

:)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought NicK Griffin would get in so delighted to see he hasn't.

Not only did he lose, he lost bad. One of the few highlights of a rubbish night.

The Conservatives will govern - of that I have no doubt and it's purely on the state of the economy.

It has to take precedence over PR and I think it'd be a suicidal move for Clegg to voice otherwise.

HF is right about Nick Robinson being spot on - regardless of his past political persuasions.

Which I hope makes those who voted Liberal expecting "historic change" realise what they were actually voting for - the Tories.

This is why I mistrust PR as I said earlier despite it seeming fairer - I'd speculate that most people who vote Liberal share more values with those who vote Labour than Tory so they have to accept that making the Liberals the power brokers can mean a Tory government.

Except under PR at this election, Labour and the Lib Dems would basically have 50% of the vote = Lab-LD coalition = no Tory government. :)

I stand corrected - still not convinced though :(

Clegg could be asking for trouble if he teams up with the Toffs. He needs to remember that a lot of Lib Dem voters are ex or fed up Labour voters who couldn't stomach voting Tory. I didn't vote Lib Dem, but if I had and they got into bed with the Tories I'd be livid.

That's my take on it as well SLP. Tactical blunder imo, and will not advance the cause of PR. I think it would also paralyse the country as I doubt Cameron could get anything through Parliament.

Christ, what a mess.

I voted Lib Dem and it wouldn't make me livid, I prefer to see democracy in action....the Tories have won most votes....it's their government to form.

Fucking sick of party political games where MPs serve their own interests and ignore the voters.

Hardly democracy though when the ruling party is a minority.

The largest minority though.

The only way to resolve that problem is electoral reform innit?

Which won't happen under the Conservatives, innit? :)

And didn't happen after 13 years of Labour.

Only chance of it happening is Clegg twisting someone's arm.

Has anyone done a study to see if Lib Dem supporters are more likely to vote tory or Labour as second choice? I'd assumed the latter like, Clegg is on self-destruct mode.

Bad news for holiday makers anyway, the pound is taking a kicking on the Forex. Cleggs comments lifted it off the bottom though.

Fortunately the euro is going down the shitter too, so our trips to Lanzaro'eee will remain just as cheap/expensive.

:(

David Cameron will make a statement at 1430 BST. He is expected to outline plans for a government which is "strong and stable with broad support that acts in the national interest".

As Rifkind says the Lib dems are too far apart on policy from the Tories, they're to the left of labour on a lot of things. :)

Edited by Park Life

:(

Think the US is stll quite cheap anyway. Also we nearly reached parity with the dollar in the 1980s iirc.

David Cameron will make a statement at 1430 BST. He is expected to outline plans for a government which is "strong and stable with broad support that acts in the national interest".

Does BST stand for Bull Shit Time?

I will make a statement at 1445 BST which declares the lot of it bullshit.

Clegg could be asking for trouble if he teams up with the Toffs. He needs to remember that a lot of Lib Dem voters are ex or fed up Labour voters who couldn't stomach voting Tory. I didn't vote Lib Dem, but if I had and they got into bed with the Tories I'd be livid.

That's my take on it as well SLP. Tactical blunder imo, and will not advance the cause of PR. I think it would also paralyse the country as I doubt Cameron could get anything through Parliament.

Christ, what a mess.

I voted Lib Dem and it wouldn't make me livid, I prefer to see democracy in action....the Tories have won most votes....it's their government to form.

Fucking sick of party political games where MPs serve their own interests and ignore the voters.

I agree with your last statement. A lib con pact might not be a bad thing.

It depends if they can put the country and current situation first.

In order of integrity I would stick clegg up their with cameron so hopefully this gesture is genuine. If he's just trying to curry favour with the electorate, I hope Cameron tells him to fuck off

How could it work though, you know, considering the Lib Dems are left of Labour and disagree on just about every policy? It would mean nothing will get done.

How could it work though, you know, considering the Lib Dems are left of Labour and disagree on just about every policy? It would mean nothing will get done.

Trouble is, I can't see either a Con Lib or a Lab Lib pact working at all.

We're in a right fucking mess and just to add to the mix, we're walking the economic tightrope again.

Following on from Happys point. The parties are now so close in the middle ground that coalitions should now work in grown up politics.

Old party lines make a lot of us seem a lot further apart politically than in reality we actually are.

I suspect most on here are fairly decent, happy to do their bit, believe in fairness and want good public services and a decent society for our families to live in.

It's the old part lines that focus's our attention on the differences, rather than what we agree on.

New politics, bring it on.

Tory Grandees won't let Cam offer voting reform and that will be that. :)

I doubt very much that any agreement will be made and lost on voting reform tbh. Far too much else at stake.