General Election 2010

Christmas Tree

Toontastic pre-GE Poll  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Labour held Durham City too, according to the local news half the peeps who said they were going to vote Lib Dem voted Tory instead. So much for the Clegg effect :(

Some woman has just been on saying she went to vote after work but there was a bit of a queue so she thought she'd pop back later.

The vibration you can feel is Emily Pankhurst doing 15000 rpm underground.

:(

Glad the BNP have won nowt yet. Sad to see how much they've grown in the North though. Seems to be more than any other party....

6.7% in central Newcastle

6.5% up in South Shields.

7% up in Jarra

Glad the BNP have won nowt yet. Sad to see how much they've grown in the North though. Seems to be more than any other party....

6.7% in central Newcastle

6.5% up in South Shields.

7% up in Jarra

Griffin actually fell further behind in his personal run for Barking. :(

UKIP win 851,774 votes and still no seats.

As it stands, none of the 'other' parties that won seats have as many votes. Only one has more than half.

Democratic Unionist Party have won 8 seats with 168,216 votes

Scottish National Party have won 6 seats with 482,823 votes

Sinn Fein have won 4 seats with 150,638 votes

Plaid Cymru have won 3 seats with 165,394 votes

Social Democratic & Labour Party have won 3 seats with 107,396 votes

Green have won 1 seats with 255,030 votes

Alliance Party have even won 1 seat with just 42,325 votes. Less than 5% of UKIPs total

Bit of a plane crash that like.

Edited by Happy Face

UKIP win 851,774 votes and still no seats.

As it stands, none of the 'other' parties that won seats have as many votes. Only one has more than half.

Democratic Unionist Party have won 8 seats with 168,216 votes

Scottish National Party have won 6 seats with 482,823 votes

Sinn Fein have won 4 seats with 150,638 votes

Plaid Cymru have won 3 seats with 165,394 votes

Social Democratic & Labour Party have won 3 seats with 107,396 votes

Green have won 1 seats with 255,030 votes

Alliance Party have even won 1 seat with just 42,325 votes. Less than 5% of UKIPs total

Bit of a plane crash that like.

Just goes to prove that our democracy, isn't democratic

Hardly a surprise that regional parties perform better with less votes. Can't see that changing much unless a list system is introduced.

Aye, I wouldn't call it undemocratic at all.

Just interesting.

Guest Barrack Road

The whole of Tyneside Labour again. It always will be. My constituency has the smallest Labour vote on Tyneside though, and I don't think any other party can win here. Attitudes are too ingrained. The T word from the 80's is still on peoples lips regardless of policies, for that reason it's a waste of time voting I think.

Easington held by Labour.

Torbay is...................held by the Lib Dems, by a few thousand

Putney is.............held by the Tories easily.

:( Glad I got my vote in!

Conservative Theresa May says: "I find it slightly strange that, at a time when we're facing such severe economic problems in this country, when there are so many other problems in our society that we need to resolve, that the one issue that seems to be the key for the Liberal Democrats is indeed electoral reform."

Stupid cow's on the BBC going on as if the Tories have won a landslide.

Saying Labour have lost more seats than at any elections since '31 and the Tories have gained more than ever since then. Aye, but that's only because labour shit on you from such a great height in the last 13 year you've only just managed to pull level even at Labour's least popular.

Its the mish mash result that basically hamstrings the country. An outright Labour or Tory win would have been better. Now it will all be about back room deals and jobs for the boys.

If I was Cameron I would probably avoid any shady deals, let the Lib Lab pact have a go and then wait for the next general election in November.

My constituency (and Renton's) did its duty with a Labour hold. Renton will be pleased. :(

Aye, Alan won a comfortable majority, Tynemouth only had a 0.4% swing to the tories! :(

This means that there are still NO tories in the NE, in fact it's solid red apart from Redcar.

This has been a total and utter tory FAIL. Can't say I'm happy though, in some ways its just about as bad a result for stability as could have happened. I can't see any coalitions working, and the country is more polarised than ever before. What next? We should all be concerned.

Its the mish mash result that basically hamstrings the country. An outright Labour or Tory win would have been better. Now it will all be about back room deals and jobs for the boys.

If I was Cameron I would probably avoid any shady deals, let the Lib Lab pact have a go and then wait for the next general election in November.

Lib Lab coalition wouldn't be big enough though.

You should be gutted by last night. Given all the factors against Labour, the poor Lib Dem showing, and the media influence the tories have had in a bankrolled tory campaign, they've been unable to even get a majority. Cameron should resign imo. :(

Guest Barrack Road
I feel quite depressed by it all. It shouldnt matter but I just cant stand to see Camerons smug face :(

He's won fuck all though, and he won't be prime minister. Brown will still be there in 2 years time, and that's the thing to get angriest about of all.

Anyone else's vote go a third place by a fucking mile? :( (25k/20k/5k)

Then again the Liberal would only just have won if every single Labour voter had voted for him so he can fuck off.

I feel quite depressed by it all. It shouldnt matter but I just cant stand to see Camerons smug face :(

He's won fuck all though, and he won't be prime minister. Brown will still be there in 2 years time, and that's the thing to get angriest about of all.

Doubt it.

Any minority government is going to have to include the party with the largest minority.

...and even if Labour did retain any semblence of power, Brown would go the journey. Maybe Miliband :(

How the fuck do the Tories gain places like Wolverhampton??! :(

My favourite is Harlow - I used to work there and it's a fucking shithole that wouldn't be out of place in the North East.